Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I've always said, if you have something to say, say it. The longer you have to explain something, the less effective it is.
    I feel you, Joe. The problem I have is that because my posting style is so based on dialectics, so I posted a lot of things -in my defense they were relevant- to stop myself from 'losing' an argument.

I am too old and tired for that now. If someone gets me with a 'gotcha', so be it. My energy levels now matter more to me than 'being right'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'd like to think that even a 2nd round LT has a higher ceiling/potential than Bolles has shown at this point.
    In 2020 there were about five offensive lineman who would have been second round talents ten years ago. The position is changing. It is what it is.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'd like to think that even a 2nd round LT has a higher ceiling/potential than Bolles has shown at this point.
    Some do...some don't. It's a 50/50 shot. We just happened to call heads and wound up with tails.

Good thing the 2021 draft is loaded with LT talent

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Some do...some don't. It's a 50/50 shot. We just happened to call heads and wound up with tails.

Real LT talent? It...exists? What oasis is this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

Now this is great news. I'm glad to hear this. If so, it makes more sense why we passed on those available this draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Since we haven't drafted or found his replacement yet, my sincere hope is that this is a motivation for Bolles to get his shit together and fulfill his potential.
    Or he finally decides not to hold and just let the defender bum rush and injure the QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I don’t have a problem with the decision but it does seem odd that we didn’t address the position in the draft at all if this is what we were going to do.
    Maybe they plan on hitting free agency some more.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I don’t have a problem with the decision but it does seem odd that we didn’t address the position in the draft at all if this is what we were going to do.
    They're banking on the interior of the line being able to overcome our bookends.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    So many years of legal writing has finally broken me. I embrace it.
    Chuckled at "so many years"...

It's not like exercising the option was really even a possibility. Elway has only done it for Miller and Roby (who left anyway). To think that the average at best Bolles was gonna get it is pretty delusional. Especially after JFE said Bolles was going to have to compete for the job with E. Wilk.

12. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Is Ty Sambrailo available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Chuckled at "so many years"...

It's not like exercising the option was really even a possibility. Elway has only done it for Miller and Roby (who left anyway). To think that the average at best Bolles was gonna get it is pretty delusional. Especially after JFE said Bolles was going to have to compete for the job with E. Wilk.
    God I love you.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

He is so much worse than the "Hey he ain't that bad" crowd tries to suggest.

How do you lead the league in holding for three consecutive years? He struggled with holding in college. It would be silly to expect that he could 1.) Change at this stage 2.) Shed his reputation around the league.

We can do better. This one didn't work out. I'll be interested to see if they try to give Wilkinson more of an opportunity.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I've always said, if you have something to say, say it. The longer you have to explain something, the less effective it is.
    Your advice can pound sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I feel you, Joe. The problem I have is that because my posting style is so based on dialectics, so I posted a lot of things -in my defense they were relevant- to stop myself from 'losing' an argument.

I am too old and tired for that now. If someone gets me with a 'gotcha', so be it. My energy levels now matter more to me than 'being right'.
    Your posting style is based on L. Ron Hubbard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

22. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information