Thread: Lakers got money from loan program, returned it

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Lakers got money from loan program, returned it

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers have returned approximately $4.6 million that they received from a federal government program intended to help small businesses weather the economic burden caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the team said in a statement to ESPN on Monday.

The Lakers, one of the NBA's most profitable franchises, applied for relief through the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program, and were among the companies and nonprofits granted loans during the first round of distributions. But after reports that several large or highly capitalized entities were securing aid from the program's initial $349 billion pool -- while hundreds of thousands of smaller businesses were shut out -- the Lakers said they returned the money.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...am-returned-it

How did they, being one of the NBA's most profitable franchises, even qualify??????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Information like this needs to be more readily available. We probably give a lot of money to rich people.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyman View Post
    I'm very interested in how the Lakers would pay off the loan if it weren't this social assistance. It's also very insulting for small businesses that haven't received funding from the state to stay afloat. This pandemic will close a very large number of small businesses and leave them in debt. I recently spoke with colleagues from Debt Collectors they told me that they have bought more than 10,000 loans and their employees visit debtors daily to get a loan. Unfortunately, most of our citizens are left financially helpless and unable to pay off loans, and their lives are turning into hell because of collectors. Terrible.
    The Lakers just got tired of subsidizing everyone else so they wanted in on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

It's not fair.. I agree
    I opened a small cafe and after all the problems I did not even get help from the state, now the problems are even in my personal life....
    Later I tried to take out a loan to restore my small business, so far everything is going well, but there are still risks. My wife left me and filed for divorce. I decided to leave her the house so I had to take out a mortgage on a small apartment as there were no funds at all. I was helped by the guys from https://www.Sheffieldmoneyman.com who are in charge of this whole process, as I do not have the strength for anything at all. I hope that everything will finally work out.
    Last edited by TuyeElson; 02-02-2021 at 03:20 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived TuyeElson For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Interesting first post? Sorry to hear about your hardships if true. Welcome to the board...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The small franchises that only exist due to the Lakers should have to fly thank you LA banners in their stadiums.

That's the real story!

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by TuyeElson View Post
    It's not fair.. I agree
    I opened a small cafe and after all the problems I did not even get help from the state, now the problems are even in my personal life....
    Later I tried to take out a loan to restore my small business, so far everything is going well, but there are still risks. My wife left me and filed for divorce. I decided to leave her the house so I had to take out a mortgage on a small apartment as there were no funds at all. I was helped by the guys from https://www.Sheffieldmoneyman.com who are in charge of this whole process, as I do not have the strength for anything at all. I hope that everything will finally work out.
    Is that so?

I can’t think of anything I give less a shit about
    They don’t make real men anymore

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information