Poll: What Grade Do You Give This Draft?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: What Grade Do You Give This Draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Nice. If your wife and kids havent been, I take it was awhile ago? No?

Muti is Tongan btw, Im sure you noticed.
    Yeah a long time ago. Twice with my fam and twice with basketball teams

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    A fact you always ignore is Bolles did improve once Lock became the starting quarterback. I know it does not fit your narrative but is still a fact. No one, myself included is saying Bolles is now going to be an above average to great left tackle.

That's just the offensive side of the ball.
    Bolles looked better because:

1. Lock is more mobile than the Equestrian Statue (Flacco). Any QB would make their OL look better that Flacco.

That doesn't make it good.

2. They constantly slid protections to give Bolles help on virtually every play. They constantly had a RB or TE to help Bolles. He still wasn't good.You can shield Bolles in this fashion for 5 games. But, over the length of a season it's not going to work.

Mark Schlereth was talking about this on his show. The Broncos have gone to Pat Shurmur's offensive scheme, which features more 3 WR sets and more deep passing plays. That will place added pressure on the T's.

But, don't take my word for it. Drink the cool-aid all you want. Just wait till game 1 for the inevitable "holding offense #72. 10 yard penalty. Repeat second down."
    So, Risner, Cushenberry, Muti (possibly), Lock, Fant, and Sutton are not part of a foundation?
    The interior of the OL looks to be (theoretically) improved, assuming that a rookie C can step in and start immediately.

When you put out to sea, it doesn't do any good to say "well MOST of the central part of the hull is perfectly sea worthy. It's only those two gaping holes, one in the bow and one in the stern! Plus, we've got other crewmen to man the pumps all the time. So, we don't have a problem!"
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-30-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Yeah a long time ago. Twice with my fam and twice with basketball teams
    I didn't know it about Muti. My buddy Ngalu was at Oergon with Derek Loville. I think he would have been an NFL level player but they got his then girlfriend pregnant and obviously the rest is history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

1. Lock is more mobile than the Equestrian Statue (Flacco). Any QB would make their OL look better that Flacco.

2. They constantly slid protections to give Bolles help on virtually every play. They constantly had a RB or TE to help Bolles. He still wasn't good.You can shield Bolles in this fashion for 5 games. But, over the length of a season it's not going to work.

Mark Schlereth was talking about this on his show. The Broncos have gone to Pat Shurmur's offensive scheme, which features more 3 WR sets and more deep passing plays. That will place added pressure on the T's.

But, don't take my word for it. Drink the cool-aid all you want. Just wait till game 1 for the inevitable "holding offense #72. 10 yard penalty. Repeat second down."
    So you've seen how much value fangio and elway place on the assistant s opinions. Do you think if munch didn't believe in Bolled then we would have gone the entire draft without picking up a tackle?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The interior of the OL looks to be (theoretically) improved, assuming that a rookie C can step in and start immediately.

When you put out to sea, it doesn't do any good to say "well MOST of the central part of the hull is perfectly sea worthy. It's only those two gaping holes, one in the bow and one in the stern! Plus, we've got other crewmen to man the pumps all the time. So, we don't have a problem!"
    Hi DMac. Don't you have a wife and kids to get home to?

So you've seen how much value fangio and elway place on the assistant s opinions. Do you think if munch didn't believe in Bolled then we would have gone the entire draft without picking up a tackle?
    John Elway is insanely loyal to his draft picks, and he never, ever admits mistakes.

IN an article (I think it was in sports illustrated) back last summer he talked about Paxton Lynch. He was STILL making excuses for why the Lynch pick didn't work.

He said: "Well, Gary was on board with the Paxton pick, but then after the 2016 season Gary left and the new coaching staff didn't like Paxton, and the fans and media got down on him. I just don't think it's possible for a young player to come back from that." [Actually this is nonsense since Gary refused to even play Paxton in the last game of his Denver coaching career. He was supposed to play a half but sat on the bench the entire game. Kubiak when asked about it said "I was trying to win the game."]

Every fan in the world can see that Paxton Lynch just sucked. Every fan and commentator in the world could see that Joe Flacco was definitely NOT "in his prime." Except John Elway.

He refuses to admit that he screwed up drafting his first round picks in both the 2016 and 2017 seasons, and that has set the team back for years.

If you really think Bolles is going to get fixed, then just wait and see. He's not suddenly going to get good in his fourth and last season with the team.

Personally, I hate having to bag the Broncos draft. I would much prefer to drink the cool-aid "it's going to be awesome!"

But, clearly, they still have not addressed the single biggest problem on the team for the last 5 years. It's still a giant gaping wound. Bolles isn't fixed and isn't going to be fixed. They still didn't even draft a T to challenge him or replace him if he's NOT "fixed".

Juwuan James still hasn't played a full season yet.

The OL is STILL a problem, just as it has been since Ryan Clady got hurt. That was a long-ass time ago now. Elway hasn't fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Hi DMac. Don't you have a wife and kids to get home to?
    Is DMac down on this draft? I actually haven't heard what he said about it. I heard Schlereth and Evans in the morning and Sandy Clough. And Orlando Franklin, and Shawn Drotar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What kool-aide? I already said he's not great or even above average.

Yeah the fact that Lock is more mobile helped, but that isn't only thing that helped, and no they did not slide protection Bolles way on every play. That means Denver threw the ball on every down and that didn't happen. Lindsay doesn't reach 1,000 rushing if were passing on every down.

So are you admitting that Denver has players that form a foundation?

Again no one said Bolles is above average or great I said like others he improved.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

With Munch's reputation it seems unlikely that if he said we need a new tackle Elway would have just blown him off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Bolles improving doesn’t fit Cugel’s narrative because it’s a false narrative, it doesn’t fit any narrative ... it’s bullshit.

When PFM was playing and mitigating the shitty OL play the OL was still shitty.

You guys need to pick an arguable stick with it, did Lock make the difference or did the light click on for Bolles? Because the chances of Lock solely mitigating shitty OL play for any extended period of time next season is slim/none ... and at THAT point the Denver Broncos need Taylor Lewan, not the mental midget that we’re used to.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Stink, Deebo ... Matt McChesney, there’s a reason former lineman don’t like Bolles.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Stink, Deebo ... Matt McChesney, there’s a reason former lineman don’t like Bolles.
    Jealousy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

I just wanna know Glue Factory's criteria for grading this draft as an "F"???

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Include me (4 year varsity starting RG) to that list as well.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    I just wanna know Glue Factory's criteria for grading this draft as an "F"???
    The only criteria in which I'd give this draft an F is pronounceable surnames.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information