Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elway philosophical shift back to run-and-gun Broncos: 'I think we're heading in right direction'

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Hi DMac. Don't you have a radio show to get ready for?
    Much easier to quote a hack of a TV "analyst" that seems to personally hate Bolles...and a radio guy that has NO room to talk about limiting penalties.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Much easier to quote a hack of a TV "analyst" that seems to personally hate Bolles...and a radio guy that has NO room to talk about limiting penalties.
    Funny thing is, Schlereth warmed up to Bolles toward the end of the season. Recognizing - just like you, and many others - that his play really improved once we had a competent QB that isn't a statue.

Honestly, I'd rather have Bolles hold someone than get the QB killed, but that's just me. Live to play another down.

DMac is a hack with terrible takes, which is why I think Cugel is him.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Funny thing is, Schlereth warmed up to Bolles toward the end of the season. Recognizing - just like you, and many others - that his play really improved once we had a competent QB that isn't a statue.

Honestly, I'd rather have Bolles hold someone than get the QB killed, but that's just me. Live to play another down.

DMac is a hack with terrible takes, which is why I think Cugel is him.
    that's why I'm curious when people say Lock won't have time to pass, or he'll get killed as long as Bolles is playing. I say it's hard for a rusher to hit Lock at all when he's laying n the ground underneath Bolles.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    These guys who have done it, know. Don't need to say anything more than this.
    Maybe QB was the biggest weakness on the team for the past 4 years?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    QB was a much more horrible position than LT.

Until now.

I hope.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So if starting Lock was the key why are we so eager to pump Bolles up?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They’re OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!

We should only listen to analysis from people who’ve never played ... as long as they kiss Garett Muńoz’s ass.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-28-2020 at 11:44 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

We should only listen to analysis from people who’ve never played ... as long as they kiss Garett Muńoz’s ass.
    Franklin was pretty bad though bro

Adopted Bronco:

Schlereth hasn't played the game in 20 years. Hasn't coached or scouted or been on the ground in any capacity since then. Do we pay much attention to Jaworski or Dilfer when they talk about QB's? No. So why does Stink's opinion matter more than any of ours at this point?

Franklin has NO room to talk about OL as it pertains to penalties. Unless of course he is trying to teach them how to do it. 39 penalties and 20 sacks allowed in 90 career games. I'd rather listen to Schlereth.

No one is saying Bolles is "great" by any means. At best, he is average and as an average LT, he's been asked to protect QB's who hold the ball forever like it's their security blanket or have the maneuverability of a sloth in a snow storm. But, when you combine the improvement he showed as the season went on (especially in a small sample size with what appears to be a quality QB), with greater needs at other positions...upgrading him was more of a luxury than a need. And a 7-9 team typically doesn't have room for early round luxuries.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So if starting Lock was the key why are we so eager to pump Bolles up?
    Who is pumping up Bolles? I haven't read any posts that say he's the next Gary Zimmerman or Ryan Clady.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-29-2020 at 03:05 PM.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I just watched the Lock games from last season (Gamepass is free until the end of May so anyone can, BTW) except the KC abortion and came away with some thoughts.

1) It will be potentially difficult to replace Will Parks. He was kind of our gadget guy on defense and STs. He made a lot of plays that didn’t get a lot of attention but were very important in that 4-1 streak. I don’t know who the next man up is, but I hope we find one.

2) Beck deserves to be on this roster over every TE not named Fant. The dude was a solid lead blocker and made some very crucial 3rd down catches once Lock was the QB. He also plays STs, something the other broken down always hurt stiffs don’t. I hope we keep him, Fant, Albert O and cut the rest of them. Even though Shurmur’s scheme doesn’t use a FB often you still need a lead blocker on goal-line sets.

3) I hope the staff isn’t too hasty replacing Hamilton. In watching those last couple games, the guy was ALWAYS open. Teams doubled Sutton, but Hamilton did his job. Lock targeted him more because he was the open man. On downs he wasn’t targeted, it wasn’t for lack of being open. He also didn’t have any drops during that time. He got a bad rap from that drop in the end zone early in the season and Fucco never looked his way again. I like what I saw from him in those games. I hope we don’t just give the job to Hamler just because. If Hamilton is going to go, I hope he at least gets a fair shot in camp (if there is camp).

4) The majority of the time the right side of the Oline was Schlottman and Rogers during those games and they seemed to do okay. Makes me feel a little better we didn’t reach on Oline.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    I'm not saying. I'm just saying.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I just watched the Lock games from last season (Gamepass is free until the end of May so anyone can, BTW) except the KC abortion and came away with some thoughts.

1) It will be potentially difficult to replace Will Parks. He was kind of our gadget guy on defense and STs. He made a lot of plays that didn’t get a lot of attention but were very important in that 4-1 streak. I don’t know who the next man up is, but I hope we find one.

2) Beck deserves to be on this roster over every TE not named Fant. The dude was a solid lead blocker and made some very crucial 3rd down catches once Lock was the QB. He also plays STs, something the other broken down always hurt stiffs don’t. I hope we keep him, Fant, Albert O and cut the rest of them. Even though Shurmur’s scheme doesn’t use a FB often you still need a lead blocker on goal-line sets.

3) I hope the staff isn’t too hasty replacing Hamilton. In watching those last couple games, the guy was ALWAYS open. Teams doubled Sutton, but Hamilton did his job. Lock targeted him more because he was the open man. On downs he wasn’t targeted, it wasn’t for lack of being open. He also didn’t have any drops during that time. He got a bad rap from that drop in the end zone early in the season and Fucco never looked his way again. I like what I saw from him in those games. I hope we don’t just give the job to Hamler just because. If Hamilton is going to go, I hope he at least gets a fair shot in camp (if there is camp).

4) The majority of the time the right side of the Oline was Schlottman and Rogers during those games and they seemed to do okay. Makes me feel a little better we didn’t reach on Oline.
    Hamilton's calling card has always been his route running...which is why he gets open all the time. I think he'll still have a role on the team because can play slot and outside and that versatility will play out in certain formations and is beneficial in the event of injury. Plus, he wouldn't be a bad guy to have around to help Hamler.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Hamilton's calling card has always been his route running...which is why he gets open all the time. I think he'll still have a role on the team because can play slot and outside and that versatility will play out in certain formations and is beneficial in the event of injury. Plus, he wouldn't be a bad guy to have around to help Hamler.
    3 WR 1 TE 1 RB as base means lots of different looks and requires depth at WR. This draft had Shurmur's prints all over it. Hamilton and Patrick will have huge roles as rotational guys, even when/if Jeudy and Hamler overtake them.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Schlereth hasn't played the game in 20 years. Hasn't coached or scouted or been on the ground in any capacity since then. Do we pay much attention to Jaworski or Dilfer when they talk about QB's? No. So why does Stink's opinion matter more than any of ours at this point?

Franklin has NO room to talk about OL as it pertains to penalties. Unless of course he is trying to teach them how to do it. 39 penalties and 20 sacks allowed in 90 career games. I'd rather listen to Schlereth.

No one is saying Bolles is "great" by any means. At best, he is average and as an average LT, he's been asked to protect QB's who hold the ball forever like it's their security blanket or have the maneuverability of a sloth in a snow storm. But, when you combine the improvement he showed as the season went on (especially in a small sample size with what appears to be a quality QB), with greater needs at other positions...upgrading him was more of a luxury than a need. And a 7-9 team typically doesn't have room for early round luxuries.
    Oh but whoever your source is just retired from the NFL last night. This is a lame attack on an analysts credibility.

What difference does it make if Deebo had panelties? Game recognizes game and Deebo knows penalties. Also lame.

As for Bolles, what improvement? Makes zero sense to give Bolles credit for Lock getting the ball out quicker, WHEN (yes, WHEN) Lock doesn’t get the ball out quick enough Bolles is still the same player he’s always been. I have been one of his biggest supporters but that was when I expected him to get better ... he hasn’t, same dude. If the Broncos QB is to blame for Bolles’ penalties why isn’t every Broncos OLmen getting a penalty per game? There’s 4 other OL on every play, yet ... it’s Bolles leading the league in penalties. They’re all getting beat, period, maybe the other OL give up sacks when Bolles takes a penalty ... but they’re all getting beat.

Edit, btw, yes I listen to Dilfer on QB’s.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-29-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information