Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2228

Thread: Denver Broncos 2020 Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I will say this though. other than running back we have completely upgraded our team speed and athleticism at the skill positions on the offensive side of the football during this draft.this kid may actually be a better athlete than Noah is. I'm not saying he's going to be a better player. But his athletic profile is through the roof. And you can't overstate his relationship with Drew 17 touchdown catches in 2 years is pretty significant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I will say this though. other than running back we have completely upgraded our team speed and athleticism at the skill positions on the offensive side of the football during this draft.this kid may actually be a better athlete than Noah is. I'm not saying he's going to be a better player. But his athletic profile is through the roof. And you can't overstate his relationship with Drew 17 touchdown catches in 2 years is pretty significant.
    Maybe but then again i agree with Coach that its just overkill at this point.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

If John is tired of his other TEs, okay. Now he has two fast-as-hell TEs in straight line speed who give indifferent effort in the blocking game and run sloppy routes and have injury concerns. They're still weapons with Lock's arm and both guys like to win the reception, which I like. I'm w Coach - I dunno how much they'll play together with all these new receiving targets too, but they should be covered a little better when all their TEs go down injured again by week 4.

That TE coach is out earning his money, which is fine. But I don't see this as a change for Elway. He drafts an athletic corner without instincts and an injury-prone TE every year. Hopefully this year's choices work out better than 2018 (Yiadom and Fumagalli), 2017 (Langley and Butt), 2015 (Heuerman and Doss)...

I guess we're taking 3 more DBs and a couple OL next year. Probly a TE too.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    ABC just said that Albert O was the second fastest guy 6'5" and 250lbs or more since 2003. Dude is crazy athletic for his size.
    Yeah...but needs work on his routes and separation

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

This dude is raw but insane ceiling

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah...but needs work on his routes and separation
    Haven't seen a TE under-utilize his speed abilities like Albert O in a while. Straight line is great but if he has to cut he's a lumberer. TE coach gonna need to get him to run real routes, put a foot in the ground and cut instead of stutter-stepping all over the place.
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Virgil Green was one of the most athletic tight end prospects ever. + 40 inch vertical ran into for 6 range and never could convert that on the field so your athleticism doesn't necessarily mean much. I do think that the relationship with Drew can't be overstated. And I'm in agreement with coach and north and money that this doesn't seem to be the right pick at this point in the draft because we're not going to have another pic for another round and a half at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I hate to say it but the Cowboys are nailing this draft. Them and the Ratbirds.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

4th Round

107. Bengals- Akeem Davis Gaither LB
    108. Redskins- Saadiq Charles OT
    109. Raiders- John Simpson G
    110. Giants- Darnay Holmes CB
    111. Dolphins- Solomon Kindley G
    112. Chargers- Joshua Kelly RB
    113. Panthers- Troy Pride CB
    114. Cardinals- Leki Fotu DT
    115. Browns- Harrison Byrant TE
    116. Jaguars- Ben Bartch OT
    117. Vikings- DJ Wonnum DE
    118. Broncos- Albert Okwuegbunam TE
    119. Falcons- Mykal Walker LB
    120. Jets- Lamical Perine RB
    121. Lions- Logan Stenberg G
    122. Colts- Jacob Eason QB
    123. Cowboys- Reggie Robinson CB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

And when you see guys like Reggie Robinson going off the board and Bryce Hall and Robertson are still there i struggle. Like I said I still like Troy dye, and Shaun Bradley, and Lamar Jackson, there's plenty of talent out there that could benefit this team.

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    This dude is raw but insane ceiling
    I do like how he goes up for the tough catches w those big mitts. Just seems weird to spend the pick making REALLY sure the Broncos always have one of those fast TEs available. Broncos are still a little under-talented in the rest of their roster to be taking duplicate players that the scheme won't fully utilize.
    -- James Dean

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I do like how he goes up for the tough catches w those big mitts. Just seems weird to spend the pick making REALLY sure the Broncos always.
    have one of those fast TEs available. Broncos are still a little under-talented in the rest of their roster to be taking duplicate players that the scheme won't fully utilize.
    I agree that was what I was excited about in this draft and with as much 11 personnel as we're going to see this year it becomes even less important.hopefully we figure out some way to get back into the 4th. I'm really disappointed that we didn't find a way to get another guard or tackle.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I hate to say it but the Cowboys are nailing this draft. Them and the Ratbirds.
    Yeah, I was just telling my Cowboys fan wife that Jerry should draft from the yacht every year

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

So, is Briskett going back to the Patriots now that the Colts have Rivers and Eason?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I agree that was what I was excited about in this draft and with as much 11 personnel as we're going to see this year it becomes even less important.hopefully we figure out some way to get back into the 4th. I'm really disappointed that we didn't find a way to get another guard or tackle.
    If the Broncos were gonna run more two TE sets, then adding another fast TE to the roster makes sense.

If they were only gonna use one TE at a time then it makes sense to add another slot WR, even if you did it in the 2nd because you think the guy is a 1st round talent.

Broncos did both, and we're still not set up to stop KC's offense yet. It's not bad, and John even having all these picks to take is somewhat of a surprise. They could have traded up for Jeudy and have two fewer of these guys so it's a luxury anyway because of the way the draft fell.

Just feels like they could have hit other needs. Denver's offense is still gonna be Everything-But-Tackles-Amazing, and now if they have to have TEs chip to keep pass rushers off Lock for this year they've got chippers who can catch and run.
    -- James Dean

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information