Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos 2020 Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    who's next?

trevon diggs, blacklock, aj epenesa, cushenberry, bryce hall, swift, raekwon davis, dantzler, malik harrison, robert hunt, biadiasz?, winfield?
    Bryce Hall
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes?
    no!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

who's next?

trevon diggs, blacklock, aj epenesa, cushenberry, bryce hall, swift, raekwon davis, dantzler, malik harrison, robert hunt, biadiasz?, winfield?
    If we get my boy 'Kwon and Hunt I will ******* drive to Denver and get someone pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

who's next?

Jaylon Johnson please

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Judy was a very good pick at 15, now we need to look at Center, OT, LB or hybrid safety and CB. With 4 picks we should get all 4 positions addressed
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

T Josh Jones, C Cushenberry, C Hennessy, T Peart would be great for the OL.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

I can't believe teams want to draft LT's that can't pass protect. It's boggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Coming to a stadium near you, soon.

"Lock drops back, he's got Jeudy at the 15, the ten, TD, Denver Broncos!"
    "There's a flag, looks like this is coming back. Yup. Holding #72."
    "Bolles again. He's leading the league in holding penalties again this year, and the fans are really letting him hear it."
    It's great to get an excellent route runner and true #1 WR in Jeudy . . . but Bolles starting at LT is going to negate much of the impact he could have. Tristan Wirfs should have been the pick, for a 4th or 3rd round trade. Nothing wrong with getting Jeudy, but. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Seems like in hindsight all those reports about "this will be the most unpredictable draft ever" were kinda bullshit. There were a few surprises, but overall it felt pretty chalky. There were a couple of reaches and the WRs slipped a bit, but for the most part, players went around where mocks had them going.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 04-24-2020 at 07:28 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

It's great to get an excellent route runner and true #1 WR in Jeudy . . . but Bolles starting at LT is going to negate much of the impact he could have. Tristan Wirfs should have been the pick, for a 4th or 3rd round trade. Nothing wrong with getting Jeudy, but. . .
    Just out of curiosity, how would Wirfs starting at right guard stop anything Bolles is going to do? Its baffling how people think he was going to come in and transition to a full time LT and immediately slow down the Bosa's and Ingrahm's of the world right off the bat

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    T Josh Jones, C Cushenberry, C Hennessy, T Peart would be great for the OL.....
    Not a big fan of Jones. I'd prefer Bartch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

How many holding calls did bolles have when lock was playing?

Why should we have drafted wirfs and burned a pick for a guy who is NOT BETTER AT LT THAN BOLLES?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

So let's say the Broncos trade up to 34. Basically have their pick of any player left on the board. Who are you taking?
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would Wirfs starting at right guard stop anything Bolles is going to do? Its baffling how people think he was going to come in and transition to a full time LT and immediately slow down the Bosa's and Ingrahm's of the world right off the bat
    What on earth makes you think that it's all about this year? Are the Broncos going to leap from 7-9 to supplant the Chiefs in the SB in 2020?

No. So, it's about the long term future.

The Broncos are not going to pick up Bolles' 5th year option for next year unless Elway suffers a major aneurysm. And James isn't owed any major money after this year either.

He's been a total waste of money so far and there's no real reason to expect him to suddenly stay healthy now. So, they're not going to keep him for next year either when he will be earning $14m to sit on the training table.

So, the Broncos need to start grooming TWO T prospects for 2021.

Instead Elway is screwing around drafting a WR in the first.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with Jeudy. Probably the best WR in the draft and a future all-pro if they groom him right.

But he won't be catching many balls while Drew Lock is lying flat on his back.

Wirfs wouldn't start at RG anyway. He would start at RT as soon as Jawuan James goes back on IR. Probably in training camp this time.

And then he would supplant Elijah Wilkinson at LT as soon as 2021 while the Broncos drafted a RT.

Meanwhile Bolles would be on his way to the CFL by now. Which will make you a lot happier than what will happen in game 1 when he gets another 2 or 3 holding calls or just lets his defender zoom right past him into the QB.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-24-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Watching videos of Jerry Jeudy's route running and WOW!!! This young man is a special talent in terms of running routes. It's exciting to see guys like Nate Burrelson, Mike Irvin and Shannon Sharpe say that Jeudy is one of the best route runners they've ever seen.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information