Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's 2020 Draft-eve-eve-eve Mock

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Assassin's 2020 Draft-eve-eve-eve Mock

Before I post this, there are a few points I wish to make.

1-I believe the top 4 OTs will be gone by 15...or I'd jump all over 1 of em.

2-Although I'm listing what I want, I'm considering what Elway and Fangio appear to value. Limited red flags and tackling by DBs.

3-There are 12 WRs that are projected by multiple outlets to go in round 1. There won't be 12, but the point is that the talent is there. Which leads to ...

4-I am breaking my rule of no trades in mocks. But our needs vs our position likely dictates a trade back mandate.

ROUND 1
    Trade back to early 20s
    Austin Jackson, OT, USC
    Jackson's biggest issue is strength which is a result of a bone marrow donation. Since we could realistically lose both OTs by 2021, OT is necessity. I like 6 OTs in this draft. They will all be gone in round 1.

ROUND 2A
    Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
    Explosive WR who will compliment what we have and open up the D.

ROUND 2B
    Return from moving back in round 1
    KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
    Another threat in space who has speed that defenses will have to respect. I'd gladly trade one of the"top 3" for a shot at having 2 like Hamler and Reagor.

ROUND 3A
    Cam Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
    Good skills. Plays faster than 40 time. Should be nice fit in our secondary.

ROUND 3B
    Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
    Stock has dropped, but he is still a damn solid choice at Center. This allows Glasnow to play Guard.

ROUND 3C
    Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming
    Well rounded. Above average in coverage. Athletic.

ROUND 4
    Davon Hamilton, DL, Ohio State
    Solid depth along the line. Harris is only signed for 1 year.

ROUND 5
    Julian Blackmon, S, Utah
    Former CB with good coverage skills for a Safety.

ROUND 6
    Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan
    An experienced interior lineman who was team captain. Elway loves that.

ROUND 7
    Daniel Bituli, ILB, Tennessee
    Tackling machine who could be amazing on special teams.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 04-20-2020 at 10:34 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I like it. I'd be very happy with that draft. I honestly believe that in four years Jackson is the best tackle out of this draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I've mocked every single one of those players except for b i t u l i.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like it except taking Hamler after taking the TCU boy. I would much rather take a more impactful LB there and then take another receiver down the road.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think we need a better corner earlier. JMO

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I like it. The question is whether those players will be there. I'd honestly grab a corner with that second second-rounder and add the WR in the third. Otherwise, good job.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

One thing you have to keep in mind when you look at trading back scenarios, is that you have to know who is trading up and why. The only thing that presents a real clear trade back scenario at 15 seems to be Tua Tagavailoa. If he slips to 15, then you have to wonder who will come up for him. Rumors out there suggest New Orleans or New England could both be interested. The other deep position in this draft, the position people are rumored to be going up to get is wide receiver, and if Denver doesn’t trade up to get receiver, and one of those top three receivers falls to 15 Denver is selecting him most likely. Otherwise, I actually don’t see a ton of trade down possibilities for Denver. Maybe someone wants C.J. Henderson if he slips, but again, Denver needs a corner and it’d be hard to pass him up at 15.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    4-I am breaking my rule of no trades in mocks. But our needs vs our position likely dictates a trade back mandate.
    The draft is a weird thing because you can always look back and realize your 4th and 5th round picks ended up being the real ballers...but I agree with this^. It feels like three picks between 20-50 would be so much better than two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I like it except taking Hamler after taking the TCU boy. I would much rather take a more impactful LB there and then take another receiver down the road.
    I'm down with any of the WR options likely to be there.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If by impactful LB, you mean one that can cover TE's, then you are at a loss after Simmons and Murray. Really aren't any that are very good in coverage after that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If by impactful LB, you mean one that can cover TE's, then you are at a loss after Simmons and Murray. Really aren't any that are very good in coverage after that.
    On the NFL Channel this morning the "pundits" were discussing potential candidates that the Broncos might trade up for. Simmons was square in the middle of the conversation, if somehow he dropped to the 8-10 range. The panel thought the Broncos had the draft pick ammo to and might (recommended it) trade up to select Simmons. I know this smacks the fans screaming for a WR in Round 1 right between the eyes with a sledgehammer. But this draft is deep at WR and the Broncos getting a WR2 later in the draft was entirely doable. Per the guys on the NFL Channel this morning. More speculation to discuss

17. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    On the NFL Channel this morning the "pundits" were discussing potential candidates that the Broncos might trade up for. Simmons was square in the middle of the conversation, if somehow he dropped to the 8-10 range. The panel thought the Broncos had the draft pick ammo to and might (recommended it) trade up to select Simmons. I know this smacks the fans screaming for a WR in Round 1 right between the eyes with a sledgehammer. But this draft is deep at WR and the Broncos getting a WR2 later in the draft was entirely doable. Per the guys on the NFL Channel this morning. More speculation to discuss
    I think, rightfully so, people look at Roquan Smith and are kind of waiting for Fangio’s new team to make a push for that guy in this defense. Simmons is that guy if they wanted to give up the capital to go get him.

Do it, John.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Plus, if the Broncos are mostly interested in a "stretch-the-field" WR to open up the secondary for Sutton and Fant, the Broncos could invest a mid-round pick for Marquise Goodwin of the 49ers. He's a former Olympic sprinter so his deep speed is top-rate but he is also an injury risk with questionable hands, sort of a Ted Ginn Jr. type. It wouldn't preclude Denver from drafting another WR for depth or saving their draft capital for a Round 1 wideout next year but it does fill a role short term.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think, rightfully so, people look at Roquan Smith and are kind of waiting for Fangio’s new team to make a push for that guy in this defense. Simmons is that guy if they wanted to give up the capital to go get him.

Do it, John.
    If we get Simmons we will have the most talented player in the draft. Yeah, even over Chase Young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Queen as well. Wilson is solid in coverage and guys like Davis-Gaither and Davion Taylor have lots of potential there

24. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information