Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading Up To 10?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Could be a smoke screen to get other teams to panic.
    It’s BS season, baby.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

More then likely we are just getting teams to panic so some guys we want drop. If any trades happen its us moving back in rd 1 or using and 2nd and 3rd to move back into rd 1 later.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Denver could get all the up to Carolina pick with their 1st and 2nd round pick, I say do it and don’t look back. Throw in Bolles to cover the 10 point deficit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    If its for Simmons great, if its to take ruggs at 10 cause of the jets rumors at 11 I'm gonna be pissed.....
    trading up for a WR. . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93481647_533816627530024_8601236905813606400_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	16611
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    trading up for a WR. . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93481647_533816627530024_8601236905813606400_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	16611
    Lolololololololololol

Uh oooooooh
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

You only go up to 10 in our position in a deep draft for 1 of 2 things:

1) a LT. If you’ve got a guy who looks to be a franchise LT, and you don’t have one, go get him.
    2) the best defensive player available. If you think Brown or Okudah or Simmons might slip to 10 then take your shot.

You DO NOT burn draft capital to trade up for a WR where the second tier guys are very close to the 1st tier. It almost guaranteed that at least one of Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs will bust and a guy like Mims, Aiyuk, or Jefferson, etc will be successful. There just isn’t that much difference this year. None of the top WRs are Megatron or Julio Jones. Did I mention we already have a true #1 in Sutton? We need a Robin to his Batman not another Batman.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Something to think about, especially as it relates to WRs:

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

I actually would not be surprised if this is the case. Because of the COVID thing it has made things a lot more different than before so scouts and GM's will have to rely on video tape the most when it comes to their player evaluations. GM's and such were not able to do a lot of one on one interviews with the players they are interested in so its going to make the draft very interesting this year. Dont be surprised if rumor or speculations about players when it comes to their attitudes/work ethics, etc plays a major role than in previous years.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

1) a LT. If you’ve got a guy who looks to be a franchise LT, and you don’t have one, go get him.
    2) the best defensive player available. If you think Brown or Okudah or Simmons might slip to 10 then take your shot.

You DO NOT burn draft capital to trade up for a WR where the second tier guys are very close to the 1st tier. It almost guaranteed that at least one of Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs will bust and a guy like Mims, Aiyuk, or Jefferson, etc will be successful. There just isn’t that much difference this year. None of the top WRs are Megatron or Julio Jones. Did I mention we already have a true #1 in Sutton? We need a Robin to his Batman not another Batman.
    I guess the first question is...so any of these tackle options look like bona fide franchise left tackles worthy of moving up for? I say no, but that's up to the team to decide.

Second question...and I'm sure homers will lynch me for this...but is Sutton a "true #1"? Or is he considered that due to lack of options? There are some things he's great at and could continue to develop, but there are also things that guys like Jeudy and Lamb are already better at. i think our QB situation the past 2 years, combined with a talent void at WR has pushed Sutton into a label. I'm not saying he isn't a WR1 or that he won't be for the next 8 years. But a half a season of being the only true threat on a team does not make one an elite talent.

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

This isn’t surprising. Was listening to a draft guy on the Pat Mayo podcast yesterday and he said it’s obviously an odd year, but also odd on the media side, because they aren’t having the off the record conversations with scouts and team personnel at various events and pro days, etc., etc., so there’s less information circling on their end too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I actually would not be surprised if this is the case. Because of the COVID thing it has made things a lot more different than before so scouts and GM's will have to rely on video tape the most when it comes to their player evaluations. GM's and such were not able to do a lot of one on one interviews with the players they are interested in so its going to make the draft very interesting this year. Dont be surprised if rumor or speculations about players when it comes to their attitudes/work ethics, etc plays a major role than in previous years.
    Usually, teams only get 30 meetings. This year, teams are able to conduct unlimited meetings (albeit virtually), but no more than 3 hours per week with 1 prospect. This is Walter Football's current accounting for each team: https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

The Broncos have visited with:
    Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State (COM)
    Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (COM)
    Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
    Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (SR)
    Dre Brown, RB, Illinois (PRO)
    Cameron Clark, OT, Charlotte (EW)
    Josiah Coatney, DT/3-4DE/NT, Ole Miss (COM)
    Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW)
    Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (VIR)
    Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton (EW)
    Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
    J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (COM)
    Leki Fotu, DT/3-4DE/NT, Utah (VIR)
    Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (VIR)
    Cordel Iwuagwu, G, TCU (EW)
    Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (COM)
    Josh Jones, OT, Houston (VIR)
    Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech (COM)
    CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (COM)
    Denzel Mims^, WR, Baylor (COM, VIR)
    Elijah Riley, CB, Army (EW)
    Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (COM)
    Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (COM)
    Stephen Sullivan, TE, LSU (SR)
    Robert Windsor, DT/3-4DE, Penn State (VIR)
    Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (COM)
    But, I look at some of these teams lists and I'm just like holy smokes.

For reference, here is who the Broncos visited last year: https://walterfootball.com/prospectmeetings/byteam/2019

19. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Absolutely. But the talent level between the first 4 OL and the next 4 is a lot closer than the talent level between the top 2 receivers and the next dozen or so.

Either way...it's a guessing game until next week
    Big facts. there's a reason why the other WR's in the draft aren't where the big three WR's are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I guess the first question is...so any of these tackle options look like bona fide franchise left tackles worthy of moving up for? I say no, but that's up to the team to decide.

Second question...and I'm sure homers will lynch me for this...but is Sutton a "true #1"? Or is he considered that due to lack of options? There are some things he's great at and could continue to develop, but there are also things that guys like Jeudy and Lamb are already better at. i think our QB situation the past 2 years, combined with a talent void at WR has pushed Sutton into a label. I'm not saying he isn't a WR1 or that he won't be for the next 8 years. But a half a season of being the only true threat on a team does not make one an elite talent.
    I dont think you can really make that determination as of yet. He hasnt had a real QB until Lock showed up and ive seen him make some pretty incredible plays but he is still young so i dont think the verdict can even be made yet one way or the other. And i dont think anyone can proclaim any player in the draft who has not even played a down in the NFL to be better or a bonafide superstar yet either. I think people get far to enamored by college numbers when praising some of these guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Big facts. there's a reason why the other WR's in the draft aren't where the big three WR's are.
    Yes, because you cant fit them all at #1. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

The second tier guys aren't close, though. I'm not hellbent on WR, and I don't think we're taking one, tbh. But you pick any one of your second round WR's and they don't really compare.

Moreover, the point of Robin is that he would one day take over for Batman, or be the number one. But let's be honest, having two talented monsters at WR isn't anything new. Denver wouldn't be breaking the mold there.

We already have one average LT, why draft another one in the first round? Why not sign the WR who completes the offense? You can't double Sutton now, which helps him out. Denver has the TE, the RB's, and now the WR's. As opposed to a LT in the first who isn't much more talented than a guy you can get in the second.

At least the WR's at the top have a lot of competition. We're in the worst era of LT football ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information