Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Comparing the 2020 WR draft class

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lets break into some highlight reels starting with my boy Joe Reed.

Ceedee Lamb

Tee Higgens

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Brandon Aiyuk

Jerry Jeudy

Lynn Bowden

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

KJ Hill

KJ Hamler

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson: A right ankle injury that required surgery last spring has left Higgins with a decreased range of motion. But he has been playing on it for some time and remained productive, posting career highs with 1,167 yards and 13 touchdowns on 59 catches as a junior last fall. Long-term concerns could factor into the equation for NFL teams, though it seems unlikely to have a major impact on Higgins' draft status
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...able-prospects

This is one of those flags. Medical issues are a real gamble this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...able-prospects

This is one of those flags. Medical issues are a real gamble this year.
    Indeed. Its one of the things that worries me about Hall. Hopefully both players can bounce back from those.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Indeed. Its one of the things that worries me about Hall. Hopefully both players can bounce back from those.
    Aiyuk as well.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I watched those highlights. I don't like highlights because so much of it is useless--blown coverage, blown tackles, great QB, great playcall. But from what I saw I'd say:

JJ4 impressed the most for reasons I can't explain
    Lamb benefitted from a lot of garbage defense that can't tackle, but he just looks and moves like the real deal--the athleticism
    Higgins just looks the part and I'd prefer taking him because of his ability to high-point and bully defenders
    Bowden would be a great pickup in 4 and justified in 3, seems like a high football IQ guy with a knack for making plays.

Nothing really jumped out from the rest of it, but those four I like.

Need to watch the TCU kid and Riggs.

I know that I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Considering our success with SMU receivers...I'd love to get Proche in a later round

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Considering our success with SMU receivers...I'd love to get Proche in a later round
    That kid had some crazy weeks. Was it up and down, though, because I seem to only remember the good ones?

Also ... SMU chucked the ball all over the place last year. Can’t think of the quarterback’s name ... was a Texas transfer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I watched those highlights. I don't like highlights because so much of it is useless--blown coverage, blown tackles, great QB, great playcall. But from what I saw I'd say:

JJ4 impressed the most for reasons I can't explain
    Lamb benefitted from a lot of garbage defense that can't tackle, but he just looks and moves like the real deal--the athleticism
    Higgins just looks the part and I'd prefer taking him because of his ability to high-point and bully defenders
    Bowden would be a great pickup in 4 and justified in 3, seems like a high football IQ guy with a knack for making plays.

Nothing really jumped out from the rest of it, but those four I like.

Need to watch the TCU kid and Riggs.

I know that I have no idea what I'm doing.
    I agree with you that highlight reels can be one dimensional, however if you approach them looking more at what they bring in terms of execution, speed, maneuverability, and physicality i think highlight reels can provide some of those.

Case in point, in the Joe Reed reel there were 2 things that stood out to me.

1) The boy isnt afraid of contact.
    2) In the Miami game there was a catch he made where he actually came back for the ball. It was only a 10-12 yd gain but the pass could have probably been intercepted had he not gone back for it.

I cant count how many times i have seen receivers just wait for passes instead of going after it. This doesnt mean i think Reed is a better prospect than the others but only pointing out that highlight reels can often show other things you may not be looking for initially.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I agree with you that highlight reels can be one dimensional, however if you approach them looking more at what they bring in terms of execution, speed, maneuverability, and physicality i think highlight reels can provide some of those.

Case in point, in the Joe Reed reel there were 2 things that stood out to me.

1) The boy isnt afraid of contact.
    2) In the Miami game there was a catch he made where he actually came back for the ball. It was only a 10-12 yd gain but the pass could have probably been intercepted had he not gone back for it.

I cant count how many times i have seen receivers just wait for passes instead of going after it. This doesnt mean i think Reed is a better prospect than the others but only pointing out that highlight reels can often show other things you may not be looking for initially.
    It might be the quickest way to form some semblence of an opinion in the shortest time--but I find myself skipping tons of it. I guess you have to know what you are looking for, and I generally don't know nearly enough to form the kind of opinion I want to hear from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That kid had some crazy weeks. Was it up and down, though, because I seem to only remember the good ones?

Also ... SMU chucked the ball all over the place last year. Can’t think of the quarterback’s name ... was a Texas transfer.
    Shane Beuchele. Got banged up and lost his job to Ehlinger. Son of Steve Beuchele

But Proche was fairly consistent all year. Well over 100 catches.

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Isn’t KJ Hill just Deasean Hamilton?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Isn’t KJ Hill just Deasean Hamilton?
    Nah - he plays like he actually cares about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Thanks North. And thanks for sharing Reed. He's a hoss

23. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information