Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thomas wants to reunite with the Broncos, finish career in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Thomas wants to reunite with the Broncos, finish career in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

To be fair, he would like to unite with any team. Of course he'd like to be here. Ain't happenin under JFE though. They basically sold him for pennies on the dollar to get him out of town for whatever reason.

It is weird how quickly his career disintegrated.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    To be fair, he would like to unite with any team. Of course he'd like to be here. Ain't happenin under JFE though. They basically sold him for pennies on the dollar to get him out of town for whatever reason.

Not every player recovers from an Achilles injury the way that Sanders did. Remember: DT got injured shortly after he was traded to Houston.

I'd rather he than Patrick
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Elway really bailed on him at the perfect time.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

It's good that this at least points to reconciliation at some point. At least if viewed in an optimistic light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He wants one last contract. Ain't happening here.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He wants one last contract. Ain't happening here.
    Thomas is a veteran minimum guy between injury history, old age, and DUI. Given the state of our WR corps, DT might not be a bad rotational guy. Problem is, you would want a player of his size to be a blocker, while DT doesn't have that kind of reputation. I don't think fans will ever forget him letting up on CJ Anderson's first down run that could have been a touchdown if he had blocked til the whistle.

13. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Thomas is a veteran minimum guy between injury history, old age, and DUI. Given the state of our WR corps, DT might not be a bad rotational guy. Problem is, you would want a player of his size to be a blocker, while DT doesn't have that kind of reputation. I don't think fans will ever forget him letting up on CJ Anderson's first down run that could have been a touchdown if he had blocked til the whistle.
    If that’s what you remember DT for, you’re an idiot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Would like to see this happen, would be cheap, we know what he can do, and i have no doubt he would perform to finish out his career. Also it would be really nice to see him finish here. Will not forget how hard he played early on in that god awful super bowl game.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If that’s what you remember DT for, you’re an idiot.
    In the run game? Yeah, unfortunately, it is. He certainly doesn't have a Hines Ward reputation for blocking, despite being a TE-sized WR.

Is he an above-average run-blocker at WR? Can he be used to chip LBs? Could you break down DT in the run game for me, because I'm an idiot?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Looked it up myself. Turns out missing that block for CJ was a wake up call, and he went on to have some pretty good run blocking grades. Plus, he pretty much spent all of college run blocking, because the coaches at Georgia Tech didn't know how to utilize him, or Calvin Johnson who came before him. He also spent 2011 run-blocking too for Tebow.

So yeah, I'd definitely re-sign DT for a minimum contract. Guy his size could be used to create mismatches in the run game, while serving as a red zone threat. DT doesn't have to be an every down starter anymore, but there's definitely places on the field for him. Even at this stage in his career, he's still a mismatch in situational football. I'd rather the Broncos wait until after the cutoff for compensatory picks though.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    In the run game? Yeah, unfortunately, it is. He certainly doesn't have a Hines Ward reputation for blocking, despite being a TE-sized WR.

Is he an above-average run-blocker at WR? Can he be used to chip LBs? Could you break down DT in the run game for me, because I'm an idiot?
    Well, there is this although it was when he was coming out of Tech. I dont have his stats in the NFL in terms of blocking so maybe someone else can find something. But, at Tech he had a great reputation as being one of the few WR's in that draft class at run blocking. Perhaps the incident your refer to is just a player not realizing the play was still going?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...st-kept-secret

The first asset Thomas has that not many receivers have coming out of college is his fantastic blocking ability. Coming out of the triple option offense, Thomas was asked to block a lot, and he's well versed in that regard already, and that's one less thing coaches have to worry about.

Instead of coaching blocking, the Broncos can focus on making him a better receiver.

Granted this was posted on Reddit but they seem to basing their numbers off of PFF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...eivers_in_the/

According to PFF, the top 10 blocking WR's last year were:

Reggie Wayne
    Joe Morgan
    Demaryius Thomas
    Brandon LaFell
    Doug Baldwin
    Brandon Lloyd
    Pierre Garcon
    Devin Aromashodu
    Brandon Marshall
    Jason Avant

followed by Smitty, AJ Green, Roddy, and Josh Morgan

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah...I'm a bit confused. Thomas was an excellent run blocker. Not sure where the assessment that he wasn't is coming from. I mean...Ward was on another level, but DT was pretty damn good.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah...I'm a bit confused. Thomas was an excellent run blocker. Not sure where the assessment that he wasn't is coming from. I mean...Ward was on another level, but DT was pretty damn good.

Some things are just hard to let go.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information