Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Which Broncos draft picks have you been most wrong about?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sly is a weird case study. People think he was a bust but was he really? He was productive during our SB year. It wasn't like he was completely terrible.
    Syl Wil was one of the top 1st round picks of that Abysmal draft, which isn’t saying much.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Broncos don't get to SB 50 without Brock. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I was pretty excited when we drafted Tebow.

He gave us a really fun year though.
    Totally. Except for the first 3.75 quarters of every game. But those last few min, he became really fun to watch

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Broncos don't get to SB 50 without Brock. Fact.
    Everyone who contributed that year gets a lifetime of appreciation from me. What Brock did that year made his pick 100% worth it.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I really thought Jewell would be somewhat impactful. I thought Roby was gonna be a badass. I thought we got it wrong on Torain and he would go elsewhere and tear it up. I thought Scheffler and Orange Julius were gonna be long term answers at te.
    Last edited by GEM; 04-25-2020 at 08:26 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Everyone who contributed that year gets a lifetime of appreciation from me. What Brock did that year made his pick 100% worth it.
    Yep. Consider the potential for a franchise Qb in the second round and that pick is actually underrated as hell. We all know Brock wasn't going to Canton, but what he was and turning into in Denver was NOT what that Texans dumpster fire season was...and even then I think he won a playoff game as a starter. Brocks' career is such a rollercoaster of extremely extreme extremes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Let’s be fair, BOB is a dysfunctional doucher.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Let’s be fair, BOB is a dysfunctional doucher.
    He’s the typical Bellicheat assistant turned HC. He is absolutely positive he’s the smartest guy in the room and that he’s never wrong, especially when everyone else is telling him he is. He walked into a team with a lot of talent and has done nothing but sabotage it so far. Supposedly, he didn’t want to draft Deshaun Watson and it became a bone of contention between him and the GM, who he got fired and now runs the whole show. He himself will be fired soon.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    He’s the typical Bellicheat assistant turned HC. He is absolutely positive he’s the smartest guy in the room and that he’s never wrong, especially when everyone else is telling him he is. He walked into a team with a lot of talent and has done nothing but sabotage it so far. Supposedly, he didn’t want to draft Deshaun Watson and it became a bone of contention between him and the GM, who he got fired and now runs the whole show. He himself will be fired soon.
    I hope he stays there long enough to trade Watt to Denver for a song.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Jaded is right that he's a complete raging moron.

But, Osweiler was simple. He only played 7 games and they tried to limit his exposure. He had one of the all time NFL great defenses led by two Hall of Fame players in Miller and Demarcus Ware, which limited the 15-1 Panthers offense that scored 500 points that season to 10 points and scored 14 points off turnovers.

So, Osweiler simply looked better than he was. Nobody was prepared for him. Nobody had any tape on him. Scouts hadn't seen him, and they had no idea about his tendencies. Practically no game film. That gave him a temporary advantage.

Plus, they weren't sending him out there to throw it all over the field very much, they were trying to simplify the play book and give him manageable situations by running the ball.

He managed to win 5 out of 7 games with that defense. Next year everybody in Texas expected him to be the man. And he instantly screwed the pooch by screwing up and turning the ball over a lot.

Things went down hill from there, because Osweiler is a hothead too. And two hot heads clashing together is just too volatile. In that situation of conflict between the coach and QB, the coach will probably win.

So, O'Brien stayed, and Osweiler left, and never got a full time starting position in the NFL again and finally retired.

18. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Jaded is right that he's a complete raging moron.

But, Osweiler was simple. He only played 7 games and they tried to limit his exposure. He had one of the all time NFL great defenses led by two Hall of Fame players in Miller and Demarcus Ware, which limited the 15-1 Panthers offense that scored 500 points that season to 10 points and scored 14 points off turnovers.

So, Osweiler simply looked better than he was. Nobody was prepared for him. Nobody had any tape on him. Scouts hadn't seen him, and they had no idea about his tendencies. Practically no game film. That gave him a temporary advantage.

Plus, they weren't sending him out there to throw it all over the field very much, they were trying to simplify the play book and give him manageable situations by running the ball.

He managed to win 5 out of 7 games with that defense. Next year everybody in Texas expected him to be the man. And he instantly screwed the pooch by screwing up and turning the ball over a lot.

Things went down hill from there, because Osweiler is a hothead too. And two hot heads clashing together is just too volatile. In that situation of conflict between the coach and QB, the coach will probably win.

So, O'Brien stayed, and Osweiler left, and never got a full time starting position in the NFL again and finally retired.
    What?

I'm sorry, what? Manning, NOT Brock, won games with defense. The only game Manning really looked like himself pre-injury was the Green Bay game. The defense was amazing, don't get me wrong, but you keep continuing this revisionist narrative. There's a reason Houston gave the guy $17.2 million, and Elway was willing to go $15-$16 million a year on him. Brock moved the ball effectively, and landed it in the hands of his 2 Pro Bowl receivers.

Brock's failures in Houston were he got used to how things were done here. Manning got to call all the shots, so when Brock got in the huddle, he was afforded much of the same freedoms so as to not undermine his leadership of the huddle. Manning on the sideline guiding Brock along was huge to that too. He goes to Houston? Bob calls the shots, and Brock basically gets told to shut up. Brock fails to develop chemistry with Hopkins. Houston fails to establish other receiving threats around him. Basically, a complete disaster.

I'm not saying Brock would have been Manning had he stayed here. But, he sure as hell wouldn't have been as bad as Trevor or Paxton. Most likely, a career closer to Jake Plummer's where he wins some games, but teams eventually key in on his weaknesses where the OLine and run game let up. Trevor and Paxton had no strengths from the get-go.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    What?

I'm sorry, what? Manning, NOT Brock, won games with defense. The only game Manning really looked like himself pre-injury was the Green Bay game. The defense was amazing, don't get me wrong, but you keep continuing this revisionist narrative. There's a reason Houston gave the guy $17.2 million, and Elway was willing to go $15-$16 million a year on him. Brock moved the ball effectively, and landed it in the hands of his 2 Pro Bowl receivers.

Brock's failures in Houston were he got used to how things were done here. Manning got to call all the shots, so when Brock got in the huddle, he was afforded much of the same freedoms so as to not undermine his leadership of the huddle. Manning on the sideline guiding Brock along was huge to that too. He goes to Houston? Bob calls the shots, and Brock basically gets told to shut up. Brock fails to develop chemistry with Hopkins. Houston fails to establish other receiving threats around him. Basically, a complete disaster.

I'm not saying Brock would have been Manning had he stayed here. But, he sure as hell wouldn't have been as bad as Trevor or Paxton. Most likely, a career closer to Jake Plummer's where he wins some games, but teams eventually key in on his weaknesses where the OLine and run game let up. Trevor and Paxton had no strengths from the get-go.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information