Thread: Report: MLB Considering Eliminating National, American Leagues For 2020, Going With Spring Training Divisions

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: MLB Considering Eliminating National, American Leagues For 2020, Going With Spring Training Divisions

(CBS Local)- Major League Baseball continues to consider all options as the league looks to put together a shortened 2020 season in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Earlier this week, reports indicated the league was considering having all 30 teams relocate to Arizona for the summer. Now, it is reportedly considering an even more radical change.

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports, MLB is considering realigning the league to match the Spring Training set up for all 30 teams. So, instead of the traditional National and American Leagues, it would become the Grapefruit (Florida) and Cactus (Phoenix) leagues.

“The plan would have all 30 teams returning to their spring-training sites in Florida and Arizona, playing regular-season games only in those two states and without fans in an effort to reduce travel and minimize risks in the midst of the COVD-19 pandemic.
    rest - https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/...actus-leagues/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Apparently there has been a lot of pushback from players on this because players don't want to be away from their families in one spot for that long.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Apparently there has been a lot of pushback from players on this because players don't want to be away from their families in one spot for that long.
    It seems like it would be really bad for those two areas. Sending that many people would make it pretty crowded and hard to social distance. Wouldn't everyone still need to go out and get food and stuff? And you know thousands of idiots would flock to the area hoping to meet players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

As desperately as I want baseball, I’m not sure how this can happen right now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Up to date numbers from the New York Times:

COVID cases in Arizona: 3,112. Per capita: 45 cases per 100,000 people. Deaths: 97
    COVID cases in Florida: 17,523. Per capita: 85 cases per 100,000 people. Deaths: 389.

Which state would YOU feel safer about your team playing in?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... tml#states

This idiot Nightengale (who lives in Phoenix) wrote an opinion column last week HATING on the idea of all the teams playing in Phoenix. Now he LOVES the idea of half playing in Arizona and half playing in Florida where the chances of catching the virus are twice as high! What a ******* tool!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 959941001/

I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information