Page 155 of 298 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And fwiw, Hinton had a higher air yards per attempt than Lock or teddy last year, so checkmate bitches!

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So I'm supposed to give Lock credit for throwing a bunch of bombs that land nowhere near a receiver? That's your argument?
    No, my argument is Lock is better, I never said anything about stats.

Here’s the problem with stat based arguments; 2 games, if Broncos receivers catch all those TD dimes in the Cheatriots game and if Lock doesn’t go full-retard in the Raiders game that changes the statistics landscape entirely. If 2 games can make that big of a difference that doesn’t mean Lock is any better/worse, we’re still concerned about his tendencies and going through progressions.

But hey, those stats look way better.

Check … and mate!

I have exercised the demons … this house is clear.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 07-27-2021 at 12:11 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I am no where near as down on Lock or Bridgewater as Buff - but no where near as high as the Judy poster

What I did think was crazy - out of that list of post manning QBs - I liked Trevor the best, which really shows how poor we have been at the position - other notables we brought in - Oz, Sanchez and that dude who wore 7 for the vikings for a few years

When Watson comes in, he is going to light it up and the massage parlours of Colorado will at least know what to expect when he calls!

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Lock has shit footwork. I think he knows that. He looked improved in those brief summer practice clips. Also Hopefully he learned a thing or 2 while spending time with Peyton. I actually think lock is going to have a good year.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Lock is going to continue to be what he has shown thus far, the 35th best QB in the NFL. TBW'ers high water mark is mid 20's, so we are sunk either way. It just amazes me that the same people talking themselves into Lock out of one side of their mouth bash TBW who is a demonstrably better QB by just about any measure (while still not being very good). There were about a dozen different things they could have done differently to have given this team a real shot at QB and took none of those paths. It was the wrong offseason to fire, I mean promote Elway and bring in a guy to 'evaluate'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangios Meatballs View Post
    Lock has shit footwork. I think he knows that. He looked improved in those brief summer practice clips. Also Hopefully he learned a thing or 2 while spending time with Peyton. I actually think lock is going to have a good year.
    Welcome bro, you can’t salute your own post though lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Lock is going to continue to be what he has shown thus far, the 35th best QB in the NFL. TBW'ers high water mark is mid 20's, so we are sunk either way. It just amazes me that the same people talking themselves into Lock out of one side of their mouth bash TBW who is a demonstrably better QB by just about any measure (while still not being very good). There were about a dozen different things they could have done differently to have given this team a real shot at QB and took none of those paths. It was the wrong offseason to fire, I mean promote Elway and bring in a guy to 'evaluate'.
    You can have that opinion and that’s cool, but I’ve seen both dudes play football. I’ve seen Lock come out and win 4 of his first 5 starts. I’ve seen Lock stink up the joint and play like a rookie last season, throwing off his back foot and missing open receivers while watching his catchable balls get dropped 24 times by 2 rookie receivers just about all of which either killed drives (were first downs if caught) or took points off the board (dropped in the end zone). I’ve seen Lock miss the easy completion over and over trying to push the ball downfield which was either incomplete or intercepted. I’ve seen Lock hold the ball too long and leave the pocket too early for no good reason leading to picks and sacks.

I’ve also seen Lock pitch nearly a perfect game vs Carolina. I’ve seen Lock lead one of the biggest comebacks in team history vs a division rival. I watched Lock and our young offense go toe to toe with a high powered division rival Faider offense in a shootout (the only one to beat KC in the regular season) and do enough to win only to be betrayed by a depleted defense and poor (or maybe just well calculated) game management. I saw Lock do enough to win the second Charger game only to have his #1 WR drop 5 catchable balls (2 of them TDs) in a 19-16 loss.

Of course, I’ve also seen a good deal of Teddy B. The guy people like to call steady Teddy. I’ve seen repeatedly TBW throw short of the sticks on 3rd down. As in he does it EVERY SINGLE GAME IN EVERY THIRD AND LONG. I’ve seen Teddy, even though he’s seen as “safe” with the football throw 10 and 9 picks in his two “best seasons” while only throwing 15 and 14 TD passes respectively. Those are terrible numbers anyway you slice it.

I guess what I look at is, in any universe, do you see Teddy leading that comeback vs LAC last year? Do you see Teddy winning a shootout with either the Raiders or Chiefs… EVER? If the answer is no, then having him start is a waste of time. We need to be able to compete with teams in our division. Lock may come with more risk of failure in trying to do that, but Teddy comes with much less likelihood of success.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    No, my argument is Lock is better, I never said anything about stats.

Here’s the problem with stat based arguments; 2 games, if Broncos receivers catch all those TD dimes in the Cheatriots game and if Lock doesn’t go full-retard in the Raiders game that changes the statistics landscape entirely. If 2 games can make that big of a difference that doesn’t mean Lock is any better/worse, we’re still concerned about his tendencies and going through progressions.

But hey, those stats look way better.

Check … and mate!

I have exercised the demons … this house is clear.
    Wait, you're saying if Lock had just played better he'd have better stats? What a revelation!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I almost feel bad for the hardcore Lock fanboys. When they actually realize he sucks this year it's going to be like a kid finding out Santa Claus isn't real.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    You can have that opinion and that’s cool, but I’ve seen both dudes play football. I’ve seen Lock come out and win 4 of his first 5 starts. I’ve seen Lock stink up the joint and play like a rookie last season, throwing off his back foot and missing open receivers while watching his catchable balls get dropped 24 times by 2 rookie receivers just about all of which either killed drives (were first downs if caught) or took points off the board (dropped in the end zone). I’ve seen Lock miss the easy completion over and over trying to push the ball downfield which was either incomplete or intercepted. I’ve seen Lock hold the ball too long and leave the pocket too early for no good reason leading to picks and sacks.

I’ve also seen Lock pitch nearly a perfect game vs Carolina. I’ve seen Lock lead one of the biggest comebacks in team history vs a division rival. I watched Lock and our young offense go toe to toe with a high powered division rival Faider offense in a shootout (the only one to beat KC in the regular season) and do enough to win only to be betrayed by a depleted defense and poor (or maybe just well calculated) game management. I saw Lock do enough to win the second Charger game only to have his #1 WR drop 5 catchable balls (2 of them TDs) in a 19-16 loss.

Of course, I’ve also seen a good deal of Teddy B. The guy people like to call steady Teddy. I’ve seen repeatedly TBW throw short of the sticks on 3rd down. As in he does it EVERY SINGLE GAME IN EVERY THIRD AND LONG. I’ve seen Teddy, even though he’s seen as “safe” with the football throw 10 and 9 picks in his two “best seasons” while only throwing 15 and 14 TD passes respectively. Those are terrible numbers anyway you slice it.

I guess what I look at is, in any universe, do you see Teddy leading that comeback vs LAC last year? Do you see Teddy winning a shootout with either the Raiders or Chiefs… EVER? If the answer is no, then having him start is a waste of time. We need to be able to compete with teams in our division. Lock may come with more risk of failure in trying to do that, but Teddy comes with much less likelihood of success.
    ^ This. We start Teddy and the season is sunk! Lock maybe...and maybe not.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    ^ This. We start Teddy and the season is sunk! Lock maybe...and maybe not.
    If Teddy starts, it means Lock wasn't even good enough to win that camp battle, which means we're screwed either way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

If Teddy starts, it means Lock wasn't even good enough to win that camp battle, which means we're screwed either way.
    There shouldn't be a camp battle. Teddy is the epitome of suck.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

You are kind of all over the place here so let me try and break this down a bit for you.

My second favorite team is the Vikings. There is probably nobody here that has watched Teddy B more than me. Loved the guy at Louisville and thought the Vikes finally had a franchise guy. Unfortunately that guy I loved in college played like David Carr when healthy. He had some bad breaks too, having had the Seahawks beat only to have Blair Walsh shank a gimme field goal to tank the season. Then the dude nearly lost his leg and it was time to move on. I am not championing 2021 Teddy B. I was hoping he would get another starting gig somewhere because he is a good guy and will probably win over the locker room if Lock leaves the door open, but I doubt he will ever live up to what he could have been.

Lock is a whole other matter. Just like Danny Kanell, he has had a few flashes but that is it. You literally posted all his career highlights in about two sentences. Everyone makes excuses for him, as if he just hasn't had enough time, when a guy that was a rookie in a bad situation last year, Herbert, came in and showed what a real franchise QB looks like out of the gate.

I am not arguing for either one of them. I am flatly saying Teddy B. is better, but that they are both garbage. They needed to actually address the position THIS offseason when there were multiple options (something that rarely happens in the NFL) and instead we are getting a Jimmy vs. Timmy battle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    There shouldn't be a camp battle. Teddy is the epitome of suck.
    Yes, there should. Lock was handed the job last year and did nothing with it. He has to show that he can actually face adversity and come out stronger. If he can't even win the job over the awful TB, he was never going to be a good starter anyway.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Yes, there should. Lock was handed the job last year and did nothing with it. He has to show that he can actually face adversity and come out stronger. If he can't even win the job over the awful TB, he was never going to be a good starter anyway.
    He won't prove to be a good starter and I am not sure the risk averse Fangio will take him anyway. This is the same guy that signed off on Flacco.

Teddy B. practices well. He is personable. He is talented. He just goes into a shell when the lights get bright, but all his good qualities are why I expect they will be itching to start him over Lock.

Both are BAD OPTIONS for this team. Lock needed to show more last year and has an extremely short leash, assuming he is even considered 1A. at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information