Page 161 of 298 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by mray View Post
    Please go away, you already ruined one Bronco board...GTFOOH!
    Ray Finkle?
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Ray Finkle?
    Laces out?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Laces out?
    Yep.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Gary

No one cared on the Mane, we don't care here either.
    Good grief I didn’t take the time to read any of that book he just wrote and the fact he’s a chief’s fan made me skip right over it even more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Good grief I didn’t take the time to read any of that book he just wrote and the fact he’s a chief’s fan made me skip right over it even more.
    It was worth the read imo.

But what do I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

But what do I know.
    I’d rather not, I wouldn’t read anything anyone posted that long let alone coming from a chief's fan. That’s just way too much invested into another team’s quarterback on another team’s forum.

Squares with what we see from Scangarello vs Shurmur too. No chance in hell Shurmur warps his offense to those traits. At least it will be interesting to see how it all plays out...

But I'm now almost 100% in the 'passing on Fields was a mistake' camp now. So thanks? Although maybe hearing the same things from Manning moved the needle enough to get a different result. Guess we'll see.

MO, do you agree with the take of this trusted analist?

Haha I see what you did there
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Ray Finkle?
    Finkle is Einhorn?

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

But what do I know.
    Gary is very upset that we have Drew Lock and wants to throw stupid shit out to make us hate him. It's very weird.

11. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    I'm new to this forum...came from the Orangemane. I am a Chiefs fan. I am also a MIZZOU fan.

Before I comment further on Drew Lock...let me establish my Drew Lock stance and evaluation from BEFORE he was ever drafted by Denver and then I will comment on him and the Broncos QB situation as it now stands.

....I wanted Denver to draft my hometown hero and MIZ QB. The O'mane folks can vouch for me that while I loved the kid as a Tigers QB, having watched him closely for 4 years, I pointed out some problems with Lock....along with many of his good qualities. Basically this is what I've had to say about him from pre draft:

Lock has a big arm that he confidently uses to make tight throws into space that a lot of QB's can't get away with. He moves reasonably well, but isn't as productive on his feet as a QB with his size and speed maybe should be because he lacks natural pocket presence. Very charismatic. Cocky. sometimes chooses poor times to exude these traits...I've specifically pointed out a bowl game VS the Texas Longhorns where the Tigers were basically playing almost all of the Longhorns second stringers becsuase many were injured or had opted out to prepare for the draft....down 14-0 and getting it handed to them...Lock tosses a TD pass and breaks out the upside down horns at the Texas sideline. Bad time to try and show up a team you are still trailing, who are killing you with their B squad. That game didn't go well and that gesture did not serve him or his team well.

Lock throws LINEAR routes well. Routes where the target runs in a straight line more or less....seams, go's....slants....and especially when those routes are run between the numbers. Lock does not do as well with those when they need to be thrown to the outside although he still does reasonably well at that.

Lock has an NFL QB body. And finally, Lock has been taking reps at a high level since he was kid, all through HS and through 4 seasons of SEC football games. There is a lot there to like.

Again...this is all PRE DRAFT...I said all this before I ever knew he'd be a Bronco. I pointed out that Lock SUCKS at and will avoid if he can....throwing timing routes....by that I mean a route where the target is asked to take X steps and cut in, out, curl, etc. The idea of that route is to create separation at the cut point, and with the target reading the maximum point of separation, the ball should be arriving. This happens when the QB throws BEFORE the target begins the cut. When executed properly, the target gets a clean catch and good opportunity for yards after catch. Good/Elite NFL QB's execute these regularly. Lock WILL not throw a football to a target running this type of route until AFTER he has watched the target cut and take a step. This negates the separation, allowing the defender to recover and either contest the pass or make a tackle before the reciever can make additional yardage running with the ball. This may not seem like much, these are exactly the kinds of things that cause incompletions or 3rd down, or instead of a big 30 yard chunk on a well run timing route from the YAC...the target is tackled after a gain of 7 because the defender recovered. That stuff adds up. Ive seen it for years. If the folks here at this forum would like video examples, let me know...I'll dig some up and try and post them here.

The other issue is the while Lock does posses an NFL arm and he is decent at some off script play and throwing on the move some....he's not that good in the pocket for a couple reasons. the more minor of the 2, is that again, as I said...Lock is not very naturally pocket savvy. Some guys can sense the pressure and know where to step and keep their eyes on targets downfield...and some guys just aren't that good at it. Lock isn't especially good at it....but if he escapes and gets rolling right he has enough arm to make things happen still. He has a predictable tendency to always roll right...doens't help.....but more than that....when Lock does stay in the pocket and decides to throw....he has crap for footwork. This isn't a secret or news to anyone. That in and of itself isn't the worst part....what IS bad about that....is that Lock has been playing, high level, organized football at QB since he was a kid..he's been getting professional tutoring and coaching since high school and all through college. There is an article from his time in HS talking about the footwork and the coaching they were trying to do even way back then. Lock has had a BAZILLION reps and tons of coaches in his ear telling him all about how to fix this problem. It's not fixed even now. And its not ever going to be. At some point with X bazillion reps, you have to start to think a guy is who he is going to be and that through all the reps and coaching, the guy has reached the potential of his abilities and the synapses in his brain can only fire so quickly on a football field. That was evident to me before draft day. I thought Lock was pretty much a finished product coming into the NFL...what you saw at MIZZOU was exactly what you were going to get.....and you are getting it.

That said..I do think Lock is talented enough to WIN in the NFL....lesser talented QB's have won superbowls when surrounded by enough other talent. Lock doesn't need the 2000 Ravens around him, but he would need a roster a lot like the 90's cowboys. Lock isn't the guy that lifts up the talent around him.....most of the time anyhow.....he does make a few big time plays here and there....the kind you need a QB to make in big moments to win....but those come too infrequently and aren't numerous enough to overcome his more frequent mistakes, and other issues brought about by his limitations.

As things stand currently.....Paton seems to be a man who when he lays out a plan or makes a statement about what he is going to do...he does it. He said the Broncos would be looking to add a QB to compete with Lock and who would be able to serve as a starter if Lock faltered or was injured, to keep the Broncos affloat and competitive. Bridgewater is exactly that guy.

Lock should be given every possible chance to start and see once and for all if he can be the man. We all know at this point Bridgwater is a serviceable vet with no elite upside. That type of player shouldn't keep the Broncos from getting a full evaluation on Lock to start this season.

Personally, I believe in my assessment. I think Lock is exactly the Daltonesque type QB the Broncos need to flirt with the wild card every year and lose in the playoffs. Not good enough to win a super bowl (without a ton of support) and too good to replace easily because you draft too high, and half your fan base truly loves and believes in him.

You guys need a good decade of MEH at QB. I think Lock is about as exciting as MEH can be.
    That was a very interesting and well thought out post. And is spot on. Cue the Drew Crew histrionics, get ready to call the waaambulance.

13. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

interesting that its Teddy B turning the ball over and not lock right now in camp....Perhaps Teddy got butt hurt Fangio called out captain checkdown a bit.....most in the press have it 2-2 even or 3-1 lock through 4 practices. Lots of comments about how lock is moving and getting to reads much better almost like he is being given time to learning and developing and was able to work on his craft in the off-season the right way....novel concept.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    interesting that its Teddy B turning the ball over and not lock right now in camp....Perhaps Teddy got butt hurt Fangio called out captain checkdown a bit.....most in the press have it 2-2 even or 3-1 lock through 4 practices. Lots of comments about how lock is moving and getting to reads much better almost like he is being given time to learning and developing and was able to work on his craft in the off-season the right way....novel concept.....
    Like Manning said :you’d be surprised what a guy can do if you just give him time to develop and consistency in a system:

This whole notion that lock or any talented quarterback need to show dominance within his first 18 game’s is absurd. Also the notion that lock hasn’t shown the flashes you look for in a young quarterback is absurd. The kid has 8tds and 0ints in 4 days compared to teddys 2tds and 3ints in 4 days….. that speaks volumes.

The kid is developing the way he should while teddy is being teddy a guy who turns the ball over, doesn’t score touchdowns but will go 9 for 9 with 8 of those completions being check downs to the running back or tightend sitting in the flats…..

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Like Manning said :you’d be surprised what a guy can do if you just give him time to develop and consistency in a system:

This whole notion that lock or any talented quarterback need to show dominance within his first 18 game’s is absurd. Also the notion that lock hasn’t shown the flashes you look for in a young quarterback is absurd. The kid has 8tds and 0ints in 4 days compared to teddys 2tds and 3ints in 4 days….. that speaks volumes.

The kid is developing the way he should while teddy is being teddy a guy who turns the ball over, doesn’t score touchdowns but will go 9 for 9 with 8 of those completions being check downs to the running back or tightend sitting in the flats…..
    He's still not gonna sleep with you man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Pro Football Focus has him 32. Which has 3 rookies and several second year players well above him. It’s unacceptable no matter how much people try to spin it.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarter...021-nfl-season

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Pro Football Focus has him 32. Which has 3 rookies and several second year players well above him. It’s unacceptable no matter how much people try to spin it.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarter...021-nfl-season
    That’s cool and that was last year. Aaron Rodgers was an average QB his first season as the starter and that was after sitting behind Favre for 3 years. Let’s see if Lock can develop enough to earn the starting job. If the Broncos hadn’t brought in QB competition and Lock was still stinking up the place as the undisputed starter, I could see there being concern, but Lock hasn’t thrown a meaningful pass in a real football game in 8 months. Let’s see what the kid has actually learned in a real offseason program before we damn him to hell, okay?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information