Page 1 of 298 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Drew Lock

Before I say what I’m going to say, know that I want Drew to succeed as our QBOTF. We’ve been waiting quite a while for someone to possibly fill Manning’s shoes.

Having said that, can we pump the brakes a little on the hype surrounding Drew? While the 5 games last season gave us a glimpse of what Drew can do as a starting QB, be mindful that with a new offense and OC, Drew will endure the growing pains as if this is his rookie year. It is great to see him putting in the work to get better, which always helps.

Awesome to see Elway & Company do their level best to surround him with the personnel needed to help him flourish. I just caution folks to not get too hyped just yet.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Where we’re going, we don’t need brakes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah, I think it’s better for Broncos fans if they get back to the mindset of he’s still just a 5-game starter with a lot to prove and progress.

This time next year we could be looking at 1st round QB’s again.

I’m also gonna remind people that, unless that QB is God’s QB with ordained future, few fan bases turn on a QB as quick as Broncos fans ... we had people calling for Kubiak when JFE was still a rookie. We’re a 2 Int game from “let’s see what Brent Rypien can do”.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-31-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Jaded is higher than giraffe puzzy as usual I see...

Look. Lots of us are stoked about the kid because 1. He has actual talent, 2. He isn't an idiot, 3. He showed the capacity to learn, quickly at that. #3 is the best part. Our new OC took Case ******* Keenum to an NFC champ game. Seriously, that happened. I think we are in fine shape.

Take your foot off the floor? Sure, that's common sense.

Pump the brakes? No way, least not yet, she's being designed to hug the road.....
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Pretty sure I read that during his 4 college years, he had at least 3 different coaching staffs.

NBD to Drew.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Jaded is higher than giraffe puzzy as usual I see...

Look. Lots of us are stoked about the kid because 1. He has actual talent, 2. He isn't an idiot, 3. He showed the capacity to learn, quickly at that. #3 is the best part. Our new OC took Case ******* Keenum to an NFC champ game. Seriously, that happened. I think we are in fine shape.

Take your foot off the floor? Sure, that's common sense.

Pump the brakes? No way, least not yet, she's being designed to hug the road.....
    Basically.

I think we will always have hesitation in terms of QB's until one actually becomes the franchise QB of this team. But, i really dont see any problem with being excited as Drew even in just 5 games showed he is very competent and that was with the Broncos struggling in many areas last year as a team. Most likely it wont be til year 3 that Drew truly breaks out but im excited to see what he does going forward and feel more confident right now in the team than i did behind Siemian, Keenum, etc. Sucks it took this long to find a guy to believe in but now that he's here im all on board.

Could Drew tank? Sure, and he will probably have some stinkers but even Elway had stinkers of games in his career. The difference was John also had a lot of games in which he showed he was a reason not to give up on as a player. Its not about Drew being perfect every game or every snap, its about him showing composure, leadership, and being consistent as a player and if he has that than i think we have our guy. If i gave guys like Trevor, Brock, and Case a chance and got behind them than its important for me to get behind Drew at least until he proves that he isnt the guy. IMO

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Denver finally finds a young QB and the world is stricken with a pandemic. Figures.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I still think Baker Mayfield can be a decent NFL starter... I think about how he had a similar end to his rookie season and expectations were sky high headed into last season -- then his play declined and he took a step back.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Lock, and he does have the look of a guy who belongs, but this league can humble you fast and a little negative momentum can snowball. So I understand the sentiment...

On the other hand, we've been QB starved for a while now, so if some fans would like to remove their pants at this stage, I ain't mad at them...

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I still think Baker Mayfield can be a decent NFL starter... I think about how he had a similar end to his rookie season and expectations were sky high headed into last season -- then his play declined and he took a step back.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Lock, and he does have the look of a guy who belongs, but this league can humble you fast and a little negative momentum can snowball. So I understand the sentiment...

On the other hand, we've been QB starved for a while now, so if some fans would like to remove their pants at this stage, I ain't mad at them...
    Pants off.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm just glad I dont have to hear about a sub par over 30 year old dumb, weak ass Qb in his so called prime being the guy again....F that....Go drew do your thing!
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

No. I need to get HYPED about SOMETHING! All aboard the Drew Drew Train! WOOOO!

19. The Following 12 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    No. I need to get HYPED about SOMETHING! All aboard the Drew Drew Train! WOOOO!
    RIP Elway and Peyton - it's nice they are looking down on our QBOTF though.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

F the brake. I'm pushing firmly on the gas pedal. A-la Mr. Buff.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Everyone needs to buy this shirt! WOOO!

25. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Having said that, can we pump the brakes a little on the hype surrounding Drew? While the 5 games last season gave us a glimpse of what Drew can do as a starting QB, be mindful that with a new offense and OC, Drew will endure the growing pains as if this is his rookie year. It is great to see him putting in the work to get better, which always helps.

Awesome to see Elway & Company do their level best to surround him with the personnel needed to help him flourish. I just caution folks to not get too hyped just yet.
    I think "pumping the brakes" on him is exactly what the front office has done this offseason. They upgraded the interior line by adding Glasgow, went out and made sure there is a 1A and 1B at running back, and made sure the defense can hold its own. This will be a team that features the running game and plays strong defense.

My main worry is whether or not Tim Patrick and DaeSean Hamilton can make plays at WR. Shurmur's offense relies heavily on 3 WR packages, so it is a given that even with a first or second rounder spent here, their productivity is going to be important across from Sutton. I think we are in much better shape than Shurmur's Giants were last year, but it will be interesting to see how this position group shapes out by the end of training camp.

Of course, there's also the whole Bolles situation. I fully expect him to be back next year, and I fully expect the team to pick up his 5th year option.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information