Page 22 of 298 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...-up-or-shut-up

"As it stands, the Broncos are more likely to land a top five pick in the 2021 NFL Draft than find themselves in the playoff race. If Lock continues to play as he has across his first seven games, Elway and Fangio will need to have an honest conversation about the quarterback position in the spring."

Thought this was a pretty interesting read.
    I think you have to have an honest conversation about the position every year unless you have about four or five guys on locked up contracts.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think you have to have an honest conversation about the position every year unless you have about four or five guys on locked up contracts.
    And, need more than a 7 game body of work, unless you are just convinced that his two injuries means he's physically not capable of playing QB in this league.

Based on Fangio's response today, Lock is "probable." He said that they took away the probably category (I think it was considered a 75% chance of playing), so the only choices are questionable or nothing. They are choosing questionable.

So, I read that as him saying under the old injury status reporting rules, he would be probably, and under the new, he's not good enough to remove from the injury report, so that leaves him at questionable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...-up-or-shut-up

"As it stands, the Broncos are more likely to land a top five pick in the 2021 NFL Draft than find themselves in the playoff race. If Lock continues to play as he has across his first seven games, Elway and Fangio will need to have an honest conversation about the quarterback position in the spring."

Thought this was a pretty interesting read.
    If he doesnt stay healthy and REALLY perform well and show maturation and growth they'll go in another direction IMO. This is truly his audition.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If he doesnt stay healthy and REALLY perform well and show maturation and growth they'll go in another direction IMO. This is truly his audition.
    that would be stupid, so hopefully that's not what they're thinking. . . and i doubt it is. . . unless they stink their way into a top 3-5 pick, in which case all bets are off. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that would be stupid, so hopefully that's not what they're thinking. . . and i doubt it is. . . unless they stink their way into a top 3-5 pick, in which case all bets are off. . .
    He's expected to perform and help them win games. If he can't...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Stinking their way into a top 5 pick was the impetus of the conversation.

That said, even if it gets to that point, Elway hasn’t seemed to want to draft quarterback that high.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

As long as Lock is given full opportunity and shows he can be a legit NFL starting QB I won’t hold the ‘20 record against him, you’re an ******* if you do.

“Top 3” isn’t going to get you a shot at Lawrence or Fields, so unless you’re like Shazam and secretly want Case Rypien to be the QBotF I suggest you give Lock the benefit of the doubt.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Stinking their way into a top 5 pick was the impetus of the conversation.

That said, even if it gets to that point, Elway hasn’t seemed to want to draft quarterback that high.
    fine, but context matters. . . how did they get there?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Lox’s audition starts this week. The timer is on. Sucks but he’s got to play better then his experience would warrant from this point on. No more injuries either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Injury Report: Drew Lock 'trending the right way' to start vs. Patriots, officially listed as questionable

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Quarterback Drew Lock is "trending the right way" to start on Sunday, Head Coach Vic Fangio said Friday.

Lock was a full participant again on Friday but was officially listed as questionable for this weekend's game against the Patriots.

"They took away the probable category, so the only choices are questionable … or nothing," Fangio said. "So we're choosing questionable."
    rest, and Fangio video with final injury report - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...s-officially-l

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    As long as Lock is given full opportunity and shows he can be a legit NFL starting QB I won’t hold the ‘20 record against him, you’re an ******* if you do.

“Top 3” isn’t going to get you a shot at Lawrence or Fields, so unless you’re like Shazam and secretly want Case Rypien to be the QBotF I suggest you give Lock the benefit of the doubt.
    I never said Rypien was the future or better than Lock even. So far, he's done exactly what I expected, a good backup. So please stop.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Drew Lock will bring the Denver Broncos an NFL Championship. There, I said it.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I never said Rypien was the future or better than Lock even. So far, he's done exactly what I expected, a good backup. So please stop.
    No.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Figured this is as good a thread as any to stick this in:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information