Page 77 of 298 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    People never gave him enough credit. He played strong for years in a very defensive division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. He had some tools but never a complete offensive roster. He's obviously not THE guy to bring a ring, but he has proven he can play in this league. Even last year. If you get past his first couple of games in Dallas where he was thrown in with limited practice on a new team, he played pretty well. Again. Not THE guy. But he is clearly an NFL QB
    It’s a complete waste of time man! Dalton is below average as a veteran he’s not going to win game’s so what is the point? You have a young gun with elite tools, has shown lots of flashes in his very small 18 game’s started and instead of rolling that guy out to see if things will click going into the year you’d rather sign Dalton and go 6-10 just because?

Dalton was a NFL quarterback all the way up to the point the bengals finally accepted that he was mediocre and moved on so he accepted a job as a BACK UP because that’s all he had out there and honestly that’s all he get was... was a back up starting for the bengals, this same guy who took a back up gig because that’s all he had out there comes to Denver and starts. I would be so pissed if a guy like Dalton found himself as the starter in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    It’s a complete waste of time man! Dalton is below average as a veteran he’s not going to win game’s so what is the point? You have a young gun with elite tools, has shown lots of flashes in his very small 18 game’s started and instead of rolling that guy out to see if things will click going into the year you’d rather sign Dalton and go 6-10 just because?

Dalton was a NFL quarterback all the way up to the point the bengals finally accepted that he was mediocre and moved on so he accepted a job as a BACK UP because that’s all he had out there and honestly that’s all he get was... was a back up starting for the bengals, this same guy who took a back up gig because that’s all he had out there comes to Denver and starts. I would be so pissed if a guy like Dalton found himself as the starter in Denver.
    Were you pissed when Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, Jeff Driskell, and Case Keenum were starting? Because that's basically what Andy Dalton is. And Drew Lock to this point. Jay Cutler had "elite tools", but could never pull his head out of his ass. I see a lot of Cutler in Lock. Unfortunately.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Were you pissed when Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, Jeff Driskell, and Case Keenum were starting? Because that's basically what Andy Dalton is. And Drew Lock to this point. Jay Cutler had "elite tools", but could never pull his head out of his ass. I see a lot of Cutler in Lock. Unfortunately.
    To be fair, yes I think 90% of us were pissed at most of the guys you had listed. I can think of maybe 2 people who were cool with guys like Flacco and Keesum being brought in. I think everyone knew what was gonna happen and it did. I see Dalton as no different than Flacco or Keesum. Most of us could tell almost immediately that “Trigga Trev” was no more than backup scrub material too, but he was another late draft pick fan favorite for some reason so he had a little more support. The second Osweiler left, he was pretty much dead to everyone. Packin’ Lunch was a never was.

To answer your question, I think most of us would always rather take a chance on a young, talented QB as the starter over a washed-up vet. I just don’t see the allure of a guy who was average at best his whole career and is now not good enough to start for anyone. I think “bridge” QBs are a waste of time and nothing more than rep stealers. Having a backup plan is okay, IF you have an established starter and are a playoff contender. Bringing a vet into a situation like the Broncos have this season where you still don’t know what you’ve got is a recipe for QB controversy. Fitzpatrick did nothing for Miami last year except stunt Tua’s growth as the future starter. That’s my opinion on the matter. Dalton/Fitz/etc would do nothing more than set Lock back or delay his replacement, IMO. It’s a vain attempt to try to keep us “competitive” without our most important piece. It won’t work. Maybe it buys us a win or two, but most likely, it won’t.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    To be fair, yes I think 90% of us were pissed at most of the guys you had listed. I can think of maybe 2 people who were cool with guys like Flacco and Keesum being brought in. I think everyone knew what was gonna happen and it did. I see Dalton as no different than Flacco or Keesum. Most of us could tell almost immediately that “Trigga Trev” was no more than backup scrub material too, but he was another late draft pick fan favorite for some reason so he had a little more support. The second Osweiler left, he was pretty much dead to everyone. Packin’ Lunch was a never was.

To answer your question, I think most of us would always rather take a chance on a young, talented QB as the starter over a washed-up vet. I just don’t see the allure of a guy who was average at best his whole career and is now not good enough to start for anyone. I think “bridge” QBs are a waste of time and nothing more than rep stealers. Having a backup plan is okay, IF you have an established starter and are a playoff contender. Bringing a vet into a situation like the Broncos have this season where you still don’t know what you’ve got is a recipe for QB controversy. Fitzpatrick did nothing for Miami last year except stunt Tua’s growth as the future starter. That’s my opinion on the matter. Dalton/Fitz/etc would do nothing more than set Lock back or delay his replacement, IMO. It’s a vain attempt to try to keep us “competitive” without our most important piece. It won’t work. Maybe it buys us a win or two, but most likely, it won’t.
    I was actually on board with Flacco. I thought, had he been healthy, he would've been good for where the team was at.

But I agree with you. At this point, with where this team is, you roll with Lock if you can't bring in a guy like Watson or Dak. But if you bring in a guy like Dak or Watson, you know that player is the long-term solution at QB and keeping Lock on the roster is just not possible at that point. I talk a lot of shit, but I don't really think Denver has a legitimate shot at trading for Watson and I see Dak staying in Dallas. Lock is the best bet, the surest bet, and I think it would be prudent for the Broncos front office to rally around him and use the cap space the team has available to bring in a key piece or three to do their best to field a competitive team that would have a chance at a wild card spot.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Give me a break, everyone you listed are weak quarterbacks with zero upside. None of them showed flashes of greatness.

Also I’m glad you see a lot of cutler in lock, that’s a good thing because Lock isn’t cutler mentally and he’ll work at it. Cutler didn’t care but he had elite physical tools yes but he didn’t care. Lock cares man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Give me a break, everyone you listed are weak quarterbacks with zero upside. None of them showed flashes of greatness.
    I think you missed the point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Also I’m glad you see a lot of cutler in lock, that’s a good thing because Lock isn’t cutler mentally and he’ll work at it. Cutler didn’t care but he had elite physical tools yes but he didn’t care. Lock cares man.
    Lock can care all he wants, but if that care doesn't equate to improvement, then however much he cares won't mean shit.

I like Lock and agree with you that he has the tools required to be an above average quarterback in the NFL. I hope that he proves the doubters wrong, comes out next season and leads this team to a winning record and puts to bed any speculation that he can't be successful. Will it happen? I'm not so sure, but I hope.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Dude why even waste time with a guy lien dalton whose going on his 3rd team in just a couple year’s now? A guy who did absolutely nothing as the guy in cincy? Did nothing in Dallas. Never really sniffed any playoffs never won anything lol under no circumstances should Dalton be suiting up as a starter for the Broncos. This is yet another example of desperation that makes zero sense. Lock is better than Dalton and has way more upside than Dalton. I’d rather go down swinging for the fences than dwell in 7-9 for year’s smh.
    Lock is not better than Dalton as I type this post. You may want him to be. You may love his Toy Story swag. You may love his youth. But on February 23, 2021 Dalton is the better of the two. There are a few on here who are mesmerized by athletic ability and arm talent. That's not all there is to being an NFL QB. Intelligence, situational awareness, leadership, scheme diversity. All things that matter. Total package...Dalton is currently beyond Lock.

And we're back to your reading comprehension, or lack thereof. I never advocated for Dalton. Just said he's the better QB right now. And the claims you make regarding his run in Cincy is also a bit shortsighted.

That said...I really hope Lock grows up, takes the playbook seriously and worries about winning over image. I hope he learns to throw the ball away. I hope he realizes a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 10 is OK in the 2nd quarter with a defense as good as ours. He hasn't shown that yet. I truly hope he does. I like the kid.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    So is Joe Flacco, in fact, Flacco has actually been “THE guy” ... yet, fans couldn’t wrap their tiny brains around starting him at QB for the Denver Broncos.
    Flacco's issue was character at that point. He fell out of favor with his team. He was arrogant and pointed fingers. Add declining play to that and we never should have gotten him. Oh...and he's a friggin statue and our line was historically bad.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Flacco's issue was character at that point. He fell out of favor with his team. He was arrogant and pointed fingers. Add declining play to that and we never should have gotten him. Oh...and he's a friggin statue and our line was historically bad.
    But he threw such a beautiful deep ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

But he threw such a beautiful deep ball.
    Dude was a total one trick pony but it was a nice trick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Dude was a total one trick pony but it was a nice trick.
    Don't forget about his sweet ass 'stache.

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Don't forget about his sweet ass 'stache.
    He was no Jake Plummer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

We would have seriously been better off with year 2 of Keemun. Flacco was a bum with a bad attitude.

It was just reported Watson will approve trades to the Jets, Panthers and Dolphins.

Guess we are riding with Lock. Excuse me, just threw up in the back of my mouth.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information