Page 204 of 298 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I’ll start the fire Paton parade. My second favourite team is the Vikings. Emulating their model will not bring another championship to the mile high city. The fact he wouldn’t go get a QB with THIS roster tells me all I need to know about him. Vikings west.
    Well, they did try to go after a QB it just didnt happen. They may attempt to do it again next year whether its in the draft or FA.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, they did try to go after a QB it just didnt happen. They may attempt to do it again next year whether its in the draft or FA.
    No North, clearly he just hates talent! I mean, haven't you ever played Madden? It's super easy to get a great QB!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He's our GM. Replaced Elway this offseason.
    Thanks. I knew Elway stepped down, but didn’t know who replaced him. I’m drawing a blank who Paton is. I’ll have to look him up.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Lol. Now we know why you had to start Hinton at QB for a game. Lock tried to pull a fast one with the contact tracing device. This also explains why Bridgewater is the QB.

Lol

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Turns out Roger Goodell handled that situation appropriately. I take back any criticism of uneven handling I directed his way over this.

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Worse yet, they listened to Bortles…..

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

No North, clearly he just hates talent! I mean, haven't you ever played Madden? It's super easy to get a great QB!
    Which is why you have to take your swings. Fields was the pick! If he hits, and all reports are he is looking pretty good, then it's absolutely unforgivable for a team in our position not to take a swing. They must have really believed we were getting Rogers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Which is why you have to take your swings. Fields was the pick! If he hits, and all reports are he is looking pretty good, then it's absolutely unforgivable for a team in our position not to take a swing. They must have really believed we were getting Rogers.
    I disagree with taking a swing just to take a swing if you don't like the player. Drafting QBs just to draft QBs is how bad teams stay bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I disagree with taking a swing just to take a swing if you don't like the player. Drafting QBs just to draft QBs is how bad teams stay bad.
    What was their not to like, as a prospect, for either Feilds or Mac? Seriously, we are not talking scrub prospects here. If, as a GM you can't see that (but thought Tavaris Jackson needed one more year) then you are hopeless. These were not REACH guys at all. Paxil was a reach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What was their not to like, as a prospect, for either Feilds or Mac? Seriously, we are not talking scrub prospects here. If, as a GM you can't see that (but that Tavaris Jackson needed one more year) then you are hopeless. These were not REACH guys at all. Paxil was a reach.
    If you want to disagree with their evaluation, that's totally fair. But if their evaluation was that they didn't like either guy at 9 and they thought Surtain was a hall of fame potential talent, then I'm fine with them not reaching for a QB they didn't like. Again, if you want to say their evaluation was bad, that's a fair criticism. But I think it's a bad take to say they should take a QB just to take a QB.

The entire thing is stupid because none of them had covid. None of them tested positive, which they had done, daily? Similar to Bmac. Our kicker had to miss a game even though he never got covid and never tested positive, not once. Really dumb.

As for the QB. It is not a miss nor hit. If we get Rodgers or Watson (I am sure we will) then Surtain was the right pick. If fields or mac turn out to be great. Fields will Im sure. If we land Rodgers or Watson or one of the top QBs next year then it wont matter. Surtain will be the right pick.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The entire thing is stupid because none of them had covid. None of them tested positive, which they had done, daily? Similar to Bmac. Our kicker had to miss a game even though he never got covid and never tested positive, not once. Really dumb.
    No?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...-for-covid-19/

Driskel's placement on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday was the result of a positive COVID-19 test, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com reports.

At the time Driskel was placed on the list, it wasn't immediately clear whether he tested positive himself or was considered a close contact of someone who did. After the Broncos confirmed Driskel was infected, fellow quarterbacks Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were added to the list Saturday, when all three were pulled off the practice field and told to self-isolate since they were discovered to have not worn masks at one point during contact with Driskel in recent days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post

Lol
    This just makes everything worse. If the decisionmakers already had it in for Lock for this reason and others - which was certainly the vibe I always got from Fangio - it makes the decision to pass on Fields/Mac even worse.

Also makes Lock fanbois look even more ridiculous than before, which didn’t seem possible - but there it is.

As far as the Commissioner action goes - wow. Causing a forced loss for a wholly irrelevant team is about as good as that could have gone with this new information.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 09-07-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

21. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lock for President
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information