Page 31 of 298 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I see some of the comments complaining about the gameday threads as if the reactions/emotions throughout any given game all of a sudden changed one day. I mean FFS the gameday threads are a roller coaster of ups and downs as we are all commenting in live time and has been that way for YEARS. If anyone is holding that particular thread as proof that people are turning on any given player than you really havent been paying attention since the inception of that particular thread. I mean i suppose those that tire of negative responses can go back to Carol's way of having a positive only thread but we all know no one actually sits in those threads because they cant help themselves wanting to argue with the rest of us who are celebrating and bitching and moaning at the same time in the main thread. Lol

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    LMAO
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What's wrong with being concerned with how he's played while also willing to give him more time to figure it out? That seems like a fairly reasonable position, no? You're acting like it's completely unreasonable to be uneasy with how he's played this year.
    No he had a bad game, and he has literally played 3 1/2 games this year in a brand new offense, with a brand new OC, with no off-season to gel. He lost good players to in juries including his top wideout, and has had dudes drop the most balls in the NFL. Many elite Qb's don't fare so well after those circumstances....expecting that from Lock with everything that's gone on is naïve. Add on the Injury and who cares he had a bad game it was bound to happen...but On to the next already.....I don't need to think about his replacement 9 starts in....

I said he looked a bit off against NE on some of his throws the injury might be in play. However he also had 3 Td's dropped. He didn't play well at all this Sunday, but watching and listening to fans talking about rypien, or some other option is just dumb....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-28-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No he had a bad game, and he has literally played 3 1/2 games this year in a brand new offense, with a brand new OC, with no off-season to gel. He lost good players to in juries including his top wideout, and has had dudes drop the most balls in the NFL. Many elite Qb's don't fare so well after those circumstances....expecting that from Lock with everything that's gone on is naïve. Add on the Injury and who cares he had a bad game. on top the next already.....I don't need to think about his replacement....

I said he looked a bit off against NE on some of his throws the injury might be in play. However he also had 3 Td's dropped. He didn't play well at all this Sunday, but watching and listening to fans talking about rypien, or some other option is just dumb....
    I don't disagree with any of those points, but I don't think those things should make him completely immune from criticism either. Herbert and Burrow are both rookies who faced a lot of the same issues as Lock this year and both look better than Lock already. Eventually Lock has to string together some good games. We're getting healthier now and have a softer upcoming schedule. Eventually the excuses will start running out and he'll need to play better.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If he considers to show regression... Should he be benched? idk benching him sends out the message he is not the guy
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If he considers to show regression... Should he be benched? idk benching him sends out the message he is not the guy
    Short of him getting the yips and literally being unable to throw a football, I see zero reason to bench him this year. He's gotta at least play out this year to give Elway as much info as possible on if he needs to address the position again this offseason.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, there’s zero reason to bench Lock.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Short of him getting the yips and literally being unable to throw a football, I see zero reason to bench him this year. He's gotta at least play out this year to give Elway as much info as possible on if he needs to address the position again this offseason.
    But if he continues to be awful the Defense will be practically on mutiny.

AND NO IM NOT SAYING PLAY RYPIEN OMG

Just sends a bad message if the guy keeps playing spotty and they keep losing

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rypien is the other option. So you are specifically saying play Rypien. I can’t possibly believe the locker room looks at these two guys and really revolts for Rypien. They might be unhappy, but this is the team they have and Lock is the quarterback. I doubt the locker room actually fractures over that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No, you still play him because we have no one better behind him. Take the lumps with him and then deal with it at the end of the year if that is what it comes to.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So riddle me this, if Pat Mahomes was drafted by the Jets instead of the Queefs, is he the guy he is now? Is it really the player or is it the circumstance or a little of both? Alex Smith went 12-4 with a Chiefs team that’s not as loaded as the one Mahomes has...

Just some food for thought. Is it Lock or the fact that he’s on a team surrounded by rookies and second year guys with a new OC? Or does he just suck?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So riddle me this, if Pat Mahomes was drafted by the Jets instead of the Queefs, is he the guy he is now? Is it really the player or is it the circumstance or a little of both? Alex Smith went 12-4 with a Chiefs team that’s not as loaded as the one Mahomes has...

Just some food for thought. Is it Lock or the fact that he’s on a team surrounded by rookies and second year guys with a new OC? Or does he just suck?
    Burrow looks really good on a dreadful Bengals team.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Bortles is on the practice squad. I'm just saying it sets a bad precedent to keep trotting out a guy... IF his okay doesn't improve. Like Wilkinson... He should have been benched really early.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

No, Mahomes is ten times the QB that Smith is. Sure, you can have QB's who can take you to a certain point but Mahomes has shown to elevate the team beyond what Smith could. Obviously Reid is one of the better coaches in the NFL vs whatever the Jets feel like trying on every year. However, if you are going to point the finger at Denver's coaching and player personnel as a way to excuse Lock's issues than maybe Siemian, Lynch, Anubis, etc werent the problem and it was everyone else. I know you are not trying to really separate it like that but that is how it comes across here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Burrow looks really good on a dreadful Bengals team.
    So has Minshew to a degree.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information