Page 168 of 298 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

It’s hard to take anybody serious when they make such broad lame remarks like MAN ANYBODY CAN DO THAT, MAN EVERYONE HAS THAT….. when they can’t produce a gram of proof. It’s skip bayless like.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Do you literally go into every year of your life expecting last year results to be the same the following year especially when your 23 and working to be great at something? All you people keep talking about is last year. A year where nothing went right for anybody, is Jerry Jeudy not about to be elite because he had a bad rookie year? He’s obviously pit in the work and about to be elite. You people act like Drew just doesn’t have all the ability in the world! Like he has no work ethic and is a dumb player. That’s horse shit!

Lock has shown tons of flashes and all he needed was time and consistency in a scheme. You go watch the 52 minute video of him and can’t come away with wow if he takes the next step forward it’s going to be scary. That goes for all our young Uber talented guy’s. And so far in camp Lock, Jeudy hamler fant have all appeared to Be taking the next steps! Which is some shit to be excited about but some people around here keep talking about last year dude, man last year…. Move the **** on already it’s a new year.

https://youtu.be/Dsgw-IbpqBM
    Last year? A year where a rookie QB came into the league and dominated, ala Herbert? Or a year where Lock, like every other player in the league faced the same exact adversity? Do you really expect me to take the comparison of Jeudy, a true rookie in comparison to Lock, a guy who had been in the league a year? Is anyone calling Jeudy elite right now? No. But you are acting like it's set in stone that Lock is/will be great.

Did I say he has no work ethic? Did I say he was dumb? No. Thus far you've spent your post making strawman.

Lock has not shown tons of flashes of talent. He simply hasn't. Some of what you're calling a flash of greatness is a routine play. If Lock was showing 'tons of flashes' they wouldn't be flashes of greatness, either. It'd be greatness. If he was showing tons of flashes, he wouldn't be amongst the worst QB's production wise. The last time Denver had a guy that low in overall production they were starting Siemian. It's deja vu: the overall production stat calculating modern day football being ignored. Good lord.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It’s hard to take anybody serious when they make such broad lame remarks like MAN ANYBODY CAN DO THAT, MAN EVERYONE HAS THAT….. when they can’t produce a gram of proof. It’s skip bayless like.
    You keep calling people Skip Bayless when others can document reasons/proof as to why they doubt him.

Let me be very clear: you don't get to call anyone Skip Bayless because you're the one making asinine arguments.

You don't get to call anyone Skip Bayless when your posts come across as total trolldom.

5. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The first play of that highlight reel is a basic bootleg and pass to a tight end.

Yeah man, the highlights are real!!!!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do you literally go into every year of your life expecting last year results to be the same the following year especially when your 23 and working to be great at something? All you people keep talking about is last year. A year where nothing went right for anybody, is Jerry Jeudy not about to be elite because he had a bad rookie year? He’s obviously pit in the work and about to be elite. You people act like Drew just doesn’t have all the ability in the world! Like he has no work ethic and is a dumb player. That’s horse shit!

Lock has shown tons of flashes and all he needed was time and consistency in a scheme. You go watch the 52 minute video of him and can’t come away with wow if he takes the next step forward it’s going to be scary. That goes for all our young Uber talented guy’s. And so far in camp Lock, Jeudy hamler fant have all appeared to Be taking the next steps! Which is some shit to be excited about but some people around here keep talking about last year dude, man last year…. Move the **** on already it’s a new year.

https://youtu.be/Dsgw-IbpqBM
    Wait. I’m confused. Are we supposed to look at last year, or not? Because in the same post, you tell me I’m supposed to look at his highlight reel and rejoice, but that I’m also not allowed to look at last year because it’s not this year. Which one is it?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wait. I’m confused. Are we supposed to look at last year, or not? Because in the same post, you tell me I’m supposed to look at his highlight reel and rejoice, but that I’m also not allowed to look at last year because it’s not this year. Which one is it?
    MO...don't confuse him.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You keep calling people Skip Bayless when others can document reasons/proof as to why they doubt him.

Let me be very clear: you don't get to call anyone Skip Bayless because you're the one making asinine arguments.

You don't get to call anyone Skip Bayless when your posts come across as total trolldom.
    Please hammer don’t hurt em!

12. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

https://youtu.be/o8KpdhhGY4M

The good in Drew lock. Welcome to the QB school. Lol kid showed no flashes of greatness though.

His highlight reel lines up with what he’s displaying in otas and camp thus far, you are hanging on bad habits from last year that’s non existent right now and you can’t see how that’s lame. But the main reason for the highlight reel is for to show he had great flashes that most fan bases would enjoy going into a season where he’s been looking great. But not fans like yourself stuck on the bad of last year. But not stuck on the bad of last year with other player’s and there was a ton of it! Why? Because your anti lock but it’s fine. , if he was the 3rd or 4th QB on the roster you’d love him.
    Last edited by Jeudy10Hamler1; 08-02-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

is Jerry Jeudy not about to be elite because he had a bad rookie year?
    I don't know if he's "about to be elite" or what. But he's not right now. Looks like he could be. "About to be" means "unicorns and ponies." Cut it out.

Drew looks like he could be solid.

They need to show it.

That simple.

King is right, gimme Teddy every time if Drew is going to demonstrate the worst of what he showed last year. I'll give him a pass because that was last year. I won't do it this year. No one will.

If he doesn't show that he's leveled up, let's just move on. All I get from you is a lot of hoping that he's leveled up.

Hey, I hope so too. He's really the only QB on this roster who can do things that will get defensive coordinators fired. MO nailed it, he really needs to run a tight system like the Perkins-Dale-Earnhardt or whatever Manning did. So he can focus purely on his defensive read. That's what will make or break Lock. I just worry he doesn't have the knack like Peyton of noticing the right details.

I bet if we had Peyton for a fireside chat we'd learn some stuff about how much of a sliver of information he would use to make a big play. How he'd notice linebacker balance on a hard-count, how he'd catch a DB's pre-snap eye movement, all sneaky-like. These dozens of iotas that built this mental picture and let him find advantage.

Lock needs to do that this year.

Man, wouldn't that be sick??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

The first play of that highlight reel is a basic bootleg and pass to a tight end.

Yeah man, the highlights are real!!!!!!!!!!
    Your stuck on the first play of a 52 minute video? You guys aren’t serious you just don’t study the film. I get it now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

His highlight reel lines up with what he’s displaying in otas and camp thus far, you are hanging on bad habits from last year that’s non existent right now and you can’t see how that’s lame. But the main reason for the highlight reel is for to show he had great flashes that most fan bases would enjoy going into a season where he’s been looking great. But not fans like yourself stuck on the bad of last year. But not stuck on the bad of last year with other player’s and there was a ton of it! Why? Because your anti good quarterback, if he was the 3rd or 4th QB on the roster you’d love him.
    So should I focus on last year, or not? I’m confused. He’s only going to do the good things, but not the bad things? How does that work, exactly?

Oh, trust me, I am not focused on Kendall Hinton.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Your stuck on the first play of a 52 minute video? You guys aren’t serious you just don’t study the film. I get it now.
    Hahahahahahaha.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hahahahahahaha.
    To be clear, this is absolutely hilarious because if you look at the film, he’s one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

Am I supposed to be looking at the film last year, or no?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Last year? A year where a rookie QB came into the league and dominated, ala Herbert? Or a year where Lock, like every other player in the league faced the same exact adversity? Do you really expect me to take the comparison of Jeudy, a true rookie in comparison to Lock, a guy who had been in the league a year? Is anyone calling Jeudy elite right now? No. But you are acting like it's set in stone that Lock is/will be great.

Did I say he has no work ethic? Did I say he was dumb? No. Thus far you've spent your post making strawman.

Lock has not shown tons of flashes of talent. He simply hasn't. Some of what you're calling a flash of greatness is a routine play. If Lock was showing 'tons of flashes' they wouldn't be flashes of greatness, either. It'd be greatness. If he was showing tons of flashes, he wouldn't be amongst the worst QB's production wise. The last time Denver had a guy that low in overall production they were starting Siemian. It's deja vu: the overall production stat calculating modern day football being ignored. Good lord.
    So Herbert is the standard huh? Come in as a rookie and dominate. You do know it just doesn’t click or happen right away for many great ones right?

Also it’s obvious Jeudy is about to be elite status starting this year. You just don’t project well at player development.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information