Page 167 of 298 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I was ecstatic about Lock when he was drafted. I had hope as a Broncos fan, excited about potential! And I gave him a pass his first year. Last year showed me everything I need to know. If he proves me wrong good. I’ll eat crow. What’s the big deal about calling it is I see it? Settle down beavis.
    Last year was his first year… and I’m not the one calling for Minshew…

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The board: A variety of people, operating in a spectrum - optimistic about Lock or wanting Lock to do well while being pessimistic, with a slight smattering of folks going "just give it to Teddy."- that is broad and nuanced.

J-Ham: everyone on here hates Lock and doesn't think he should ever touch a football again.
    Last edited by King87; 08-01-2021 at 09:13 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    Over at the "mane.....
    Wait a sec. It says trusted analyst, but you are a Chiefs fan. What is going on here? Are you KGB?

Something is fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Last year showed me everything I need to know.
    Yeah this is where you and I don't see eye to eye at all.

Even before the season I had written it off. Then so much garbage happened that it made it even easier to write it off--to *totally* disregard any of that data.

We're looking at it with different context and perspective.

When I think of being a badass QB with baller-ific results (like PFM!) I think of a machine. I just didn't see how the Broncos with Drew at QB had a chance to become a machine. And blame goes in many directions, Drew most of all.

I bring my own background into it, and you bring yours. I compare it to my experiences at a fighter pilot, I think about how hard it is even for me, and I'm like a prodigy at first-person shooters, to master complex things when they are new. I need reps and reps and reps and reps and need to grind. So I bring my own perspective into my assessment and just write off 2020. Write it off for a bunch of nuanced reasons, most of all lack of reps and reps and reps and reps in doing one machine-like thing.

You have your own experience, and it might be more relevant than mine, it might be more on point.

Gotta say it again--I'm just super stoked that no matter what, after this season, there will be ZERO damned excuses!!!

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

There are a bunch of kidlets on Fornite that will run your fade, Mr. Prodigy!

I think the fairest take possible is that Lock should get one last swing, but it's fair to point out he's been more of a disappointment than nothing else. Even if you parse out reasons as to why he's been a bummer.

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There are a bunch of kidlets on Fornite that will run your fade, Mr. Prodigy!

I think the fairest take possible is that Lock should get one last swing, but it's fair to point out he's been more of a disappointment than nothing else. Even if you parse out reasons as to why he's been a bummer.
    My FPS glory days are behind me, Kinger! Tis tragic! Used to run the SOCOM servers, but alas. And I won't even bring up my DOOM tyranny.

I just want to get to the dang games already. I'm a fan. I want to see my team in action and see what's up, and not spin wheels in these online silverback sessions.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

(as he brings up his DOOM tyranny)

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    (as he brings up his DOOM tyranny)
    There's some eighth grader prepping for more STEM classes that wants the smoke, the whole smoke, and nothing but the smoke, so help him God.

But I bet you were a monster back in the day.

The board: A variety of people, operating in a spectrum - optimistic about Lock or wanting Lock to do well while being pessimistic, with a slight smattering of folks going "just give it to Teddy."- that is broad and nuanced.

J-Ham: everyone on here hates Lock and doesn't think he should ever touch a football again.
    Everyone doesn’t hate lock, however there’s always been this section of Broncos fans whose view on the quarterback position is beyond flawed. I’ve been hearing it since guys like van pelt was the answer.

Under no circumstances does a team have championship aspirations when there quarterback is bridgewater in a division where we have 3 quarterbacks who can put up numbers! Our defense will be great but we’re going to have to be able to score points and teddy just doesn’t do that and he never will.

To not get behind your own young gunslinger is absurd. Drew Lock arm is as live as anybody in the league, and his work ethic is strong!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There's some eighth grader prepping for more STEM classes that wants the smoke, the whole smoke, and nothing but the smoke, so help him God.

But I bet you were a monster back in the day.
    Is it sad that one of the highpoints of my life was one round of a contested 8 v. 8 socom clan war when I had a wild hair to shake things up and went straight into the middle of the map and fragged each of the 8 opposing clan players, all at close range on the run in less than 30 seconds.

It is sad. But not then it wasn't. Oh no.

Sorry, thanks for indulging me this memory.
    It's the little things...

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Is it sad that one of the highpoints of my life was one round of a contested 8 v. 8 socom clan war when I had a wild hair to shake things up and went straight into the middle of the map and fragged each of the 8 opposing clan players, all at close range on the run in less than 30 seconds.

It is sad. But not then it wasn't. Oh no.

Sorry, thanks for indulging me this memory.
    It's the little things...
    I still remember top eighting for the first time playing MTG in a Saturday tournament. They said mercenaries and rising waters would be the decks to beat because Lin-Sivvi was banned. No sir. Not that day.

Sometimes you gotta style on hoes and then fondly recall it.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Everyone doesn’t hate lock, however there’s always been this section of Broncos fans whose view on the quarterback position is beyond flawed. I’ve been hearing it since guys like van pelt was the answer.

Under no circumstances does a team have championship aspirations when there quarterback is bridgewater in a division where we have 3 quarterbacks who can put up numbers! Our defense will be great but we’re going to have to be able to score points and teddy just doesn’t do that and he never will.

To not get behind your own young gunslinger is absurd. Drew Lock arm is as live as anybody in the league, and his work ethic is strong!
    Which team is closer to aspirations of a championship: the team with a game manager that makes the playoffs, or a team with a gunslinger QB who is bad?

Because in order for your argument to work, Lock would have to be putting up numbers and scoring the ball. He hasn't done that yet, he's never done it, and he was bad last year.

21. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Which team is closer to aspirations of a championship: the team with a game manager that makes the playoffs, or a team with a gunslinger QB who is bad?

Because in order for your argument to work, Lock would have to be putting up numbers and scoring the ball. He hasn't done that yet, he's never done it, and he was bad last year.
    Do you literally go into every year of your life expecting last year results to be the same the following year especially when your 23 and working to be great at something? All you people keep talking about is last year. A year where nothing went right for anybody, is Jerry Jeudy not about to be elite because he had a bad rookie year? He’s obviously pit in the work and about to be elite. You people act like Drew just doesn’t have all the ability in the world! Like he has no work ethic and is a dumb player. That’s horse shit!

Lock has shown tons of flashes and all he needed was time and consistency in a scheme. You go watch the 52 minute video of him and can’t come away with wow if he takes the next step forward it’s going to be scary. That goes for all our young Uber talented guy’s. And so far in camp Lock, Jeudy hamler fant have all appeared to Be taking the next steps! Which is some shit to be excited about but some people around here keep talking about last year dude, man last year…. Move the **** on already it’s a new year.

https://youtu.be/Dsgw-IbpqBM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Literally every player in the league looks great when you only watch their highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Literally every player in the league looks great when you only watch their highlights.
    Show me a terrible quarterback with 52 minutes of great throws……. I can guarantee teddy doesn’t have 50 minutes of great throws in 8 year’s let alone a single season.

I can’t even take you serious when it comes to the quarterback position. You have shown your hand and you are anti lock at heart.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information