Page 121 of 298 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    This is just wow man
    Jeudy hamler idk wtf are you in meth or something
    Yeah making snow angels IN meth…… the good life.
    Sounds about right
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

I was listening to Stokley and Zach on the way home from work today (I have to listen to the podcast version b/c I'm not local). Stoke was at practice today and said it wasn't really close between the two QBs. He said Lock should have had 4-5 pics and was lucky to only have had 2. BUT (for those of you who think anyone with a microphone wants Lock to fail), Stoke said he is really pulling for Drew and that these OTA's don't mean a whole lot. What really matters is what you do at training camp. Still, it's disconcerting to see the same old problems resurface on day 1 of OTAs.

The other interesting piece they discussed that I hadn't thought of is how much of a bummer this is for Vic Fangio. Usually if a QB is good, it doesn't matter who he plays under, he does well. If he stinks, same thing. It's very rare that a QB all of a sudden becomes good after a change of coaches and systems (Tannehill is the only one I can think of where this was the case). If Lock doesn't start or stinks it up this year, then Vic was dealt a pretty bad hand and could get fired because he had awful QB play.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I was listening to Stokley and Zach on the way home from work today (I have to listen to the podcast version b/c I'm not local). Stoke was at practice today and said it wasn't really close between the two QBs. He said Lock should have had 4-5 pics and was lucky to only have had 2. BUT (for those of you who think anyone with a microphone wants Lock to fail), Stoke said he is really pulling for Drew and that these OTA's don't mean a whole lot. What really matters is what you do at training camp. Still, it's disconcerting to see the same old problems resurface on day 1 of OTAs.

The other interesting piece they discussed that I hadn't thought of is how much of a bummer this is for Vic Fangio. Usually if a QB is good, it doesn't matter who he plays under, he does well. If he stinks, same thing. It's very rare that a QB all of a sudden becomes good after a change of coaches and systems (Tannehill is the only one I can think of where this was the case). If Lock doesn't start or stinks it up this year, then Vic was dealt a pretty bad hand and could get fired because he had awful QB play.
    No you don't understand, it's just a big media conspiracy to ruin Drew Lock, because....reasons.....

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    The other interesting piece they discussed that I hadn't thought of is how much of a bummer this is for Vic Fangio.
    Vic feels a bit like a Wade Phillips who uses a day planner...I'm happy with him in the org, man. I don't know about his HC chops, I woulda loved for him to be paired with a great offensive mind who saw eye to eye whether he's the HC or the DC. Actually I'd rather that he's HC with a brilliant OC and a long leash.

Oh yeah and Aaron Rodgers too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Vic feels a bit like a Wade Phillips who uses a day planner...I'm happy with him in the org, man. I don't know about his HC chops, I woulda loved for him to be paired with a great offensive mind who saw eye to eye.

Oh yeah and Aaron Rodgers too.
    I liked that he's an older fellow who believes in modern offense. It shows flexibility and awareness. What is stopping him -regarding things in his control- are those awful game management choices. Those are inexcusable and remind me of another vaunted defensive HC who was a stud DC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No you don't understand, it's just a big media conspiracy to ruin Drew Lock, because....reasons.....
    Because this one time … he made a face that fans didn’t like when he was on the sideline.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Reading Twitter sounds like Lock had a rough, pick-filled day of OTAs. Hopefully he works though that and gets it out of his system by the time real games start.
    Had two picks, one was taken right off his hand by Malik Reed.

What you’re omitting is that Bridgewater also threw two Int’s.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

As for Bridgewater looking better than Lock, I’m just going to assume that’s mostly because it’s easier to look better when you’re throwing bed wetter passes compared to big boy NFL throws.

It’s impossible to argue that Bridgewater isn’t better at Going through progression but if those progressions end up being straight to dump-offs as often as it does for TB what’s the point.

I look forward to watching Broncos fans remember how much we hate throwing to a 3 yard route on 3rd and 8.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt as a newbie here but it's clear you have no interest in fitting in here and instead just want to antagonize and be a dick anyone who doesn't share your exact views on things. You aren't here to actually have reasonable discussions. You're a terrible poster and no one here respects anything you have to say. Do better or kindly ****off.
    That’s my homie!

Fight me right now!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    As for Bridgewater looking better than Lock, I’m just going to assume that’s mostly because it’s easier to look better when you’re throwing bed wetter passes compared to big boy NFL throws.

It’s impossible to argue that Bridgewater isn’t better at Going through progression but if those progressions end up being straight to dump-offs as often as it does for TB what’s the point.

I look forward to watching Broncos fans remember how much we hate throwing to a 3 yard route on 3rd and 8.
    I’m not worried about the fans not loving it. I’m worried about the coaches getting their rocks off on “safe and accurate.” Bridgewater was inevitable the minute they traded for him. He’s going to make the safe, correct read and a defensive head coach is going to fall head over heels for that shit.

Lock is going to have to consistently make the correct read, not just the route but the coverage, on intermediate and deep throws before week 3 of the preseason to have a chance. We’ll see, but it’s not off on a good foot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Had two picks, one was taken right off his hand by Malik Reed.

What you’re omitting is that Bridgewater also threw two Int’s.
    Again, who cares what Bridgewater did? He's supposed to be mediocre. No one expects him to do anything impressive. I don't care if he threw 10 picks. I'm more concerned about Lock throwing two. If you Lock stans are going to be this invested in us also pointing out how bad Teddy is when we point out Lock's struggles this is going to be a long, sad year for you.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I really just have to laugh at the fact that it's day 1 of OTAs and the Lock fanboys are already all "Yeah but Teddy sucks too!!!". The excuse train this year will be quite entertaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m just going to add… I don’t know what the representative size sample of “first team” vs “second team” reps is right now, but every “highlight” video I see shows Lock throwing to 3rd string WRs vs guys like Simmons and the starting CBs and defense and TB throwing to starting WRs like Jeudy vs the scout team defense.

Like I said, I have no idea what the splits are, but It is something I’ve noticed.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m just going to add… I don’t know what the representative size sample of “first team” vs “second team” reps is right now, but every “highlight” video I see shows Lock throwing to 3rd string WRs vs guys like Simmons and the starting CBs and defense and TB throwing to starting WRs like Jeudy vs the scout team defense.

Like I said, I have no idea what the splits are, but It is something I’ve noticed.
    I thought I had read lock started with the 1s but they were probably rotating both guys through. They have said it will be a 50/50 split for starter reps through camp.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m not worried about the fans not loving it. I’m worried about the coaches getting their rocks off on “safe and accurate.” Bridgewater was inevitable the minute they traded for him. He’s going to make the safe, correct read and a defensive head coach is going to fall head over heels for that shit...
    This. Deck was stacked against Lock the minute Paton walked in.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information