Page 259 of 298 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

I still think Lock should start Thursday. If he gets all the reps, he should be good to go, if we go with Bridgewater, and lose to the browns, might as well leave that bum to finish out the season. Let the FO down to coaches die with decisions they all agreed upon...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I believe Shanny Jr. wanted to be here.

And I believe the Denver brass ****** up.
    Elway is beloved in Denver but passing on Shanny Jr. for VJ is a massive dent on his resume......

Side note probably time to get serious about who are coaching candidates are for next year
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Elway is beloved in Denver but passing on Shanny Jr. for VJ is a massive dent on his resume......

Side note probably time to get serious about who are coaching candidates are for next year
    Yeah it was time imo last year so it’s definitely time now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    moderated.
    Most of us aren't saying he's a sure thing. What we're saying is he's got a lot more upside than TB and we need to figure out what we've got with him.

If our philosophy is to draft talented projects in the second round then you better be willing to stay the course. Mike shanahan always said he didn't know what he had in the quarterback until their third year. Well guess what this quarterback started four games his rookie season switched offenses had no off season which anybody objectively would say would impact a quarterback and still played better according to Benjamin Albright and Tim Jenkins who I respect a lot more than the Mike Klis of the world.

Wanting to stay the course and see what you have in the toolsy Young gun who by the way while being one of the worst quarterbacks in the league and missing three games last year still outperformed Teddy bridgewater. Still threw for more touchdowns than Teddy Bridgewater ever has in his career. This wasn't about who played better. It is a lame duck coach and a lame duck staff playing it safe so they can save their jobs for another year. If this competition were year one or year two in fangios regime. I don't think there's any doubt who they would play.
    Last edited by GEM; 10-24-2021 at 11:49 AM.

5. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post

That little debacle had Joe Ellis's fingers all over it. Joseph was the guy that Joe Ellis loved for defensive coordinator 2 years prior.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    That little debacle had Joe Ellis's fingers all over it. Joseph was the guy that Joe Ellis loved for defensive coordinator 2 years prior.
    This. Ellis has a personal grudge against the Shanahan's. Shanny jr. was never getting hired on his watch. The thing that has done the most damage to the Denver Broncos since SB50 is our pretend owner Joe Ellis.

9. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Lock was mishandled from day 1. He has no future with the Broncos. Best case scenario right now is to ride with Bridgewater starting games for a few weeks, but Lock taking starters reps in practice, then make the switch to Lock before the Eagles game or after the bye week. Gives Lock a chance to generate a bit of trade value if he plays well or at the very least gives the team a chance at a top 3 draft pick. Either way, Teddy and Lock should both be gone by the draft next year.

11. The Following User High Fived Gyldenlove For This Post:

The weird thing about Shanny Jr is 49ers fans want him gone as the HC. They aren’t feeling him at all. Talking to them they feel like he’s a terrible HC whose better suited to be a OC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldenlove View Post
    Lock was mishandled from day 1. He has no future with the Broncos. Best case scenario right now is to ride with Bridgewater starting games for a few weeks, but Lock taking starters reps in practice, then make the switch to Lock before the Eagles game or after the bye week. Gives Lock a chance to generate a bit of trade value if he plays well or at the very least gives the team a chance at a top 3 draft pick. Either way, Teddy and Lock should both be gone by the draft next year.
    I don't know if 'mishandled' is the word I would use. But going back to back defensive coordinators/1st time coaches and a 1st time OC is just a terrible idea in the current age of the NFL. How did they ever expect this to work? I guess the plan was to have Kubiak as OC, but when that fizzled this had no chance of ever working.

But in the todays game development is on the player. The Bills don't have a QB whisperer. It is well known how much time Allen put in during and the offseason to improve. Does Lock work like that? No idea. Most guys don't, they never had to and often times this is the first time what they have always done is no longer good enough.

I am more bothered by the fact we passed on so many potential guys thinking we will have out pick next year.

In any event, barring injury it's hard to project when Lock would get another chance. After Thursday i'd expect us to beat the WFT, lose to the Cowboys, then beat the Eagles leaving us 5-5 at the bye. I can't see them making that move with jobs on the line. though if we lose to the WFT or Eagles, then they may have no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I don't know if 'mishandled' is the word I would use. But going back to back defensive coordinators/1st time coaches and a 1st time OC is just a terrible idea in the current age of the NFL. How did they ever expect this to work? I guess the plan was to have Kubiak as OC, but when that fizzled this had no chance of ever working.

But in the todays game development is on the player. The Bills don't have a QB whisperer. It is well known how much time Allen put in during and the offseason to improve. Does Lock work like that? No idea. Most guys don't, they never had to and often times this is the first time what they have always done is no longer good enough.

I am more bothered by the fact we passed on so many potential guys thinking we will have out pick next year.

In any event, barring injury it's hard to project when Lock would get another chance. After Thursday i'd expect us to beat the WFT, lose to the Cowboys, then beat the Eagles leaving us 5-5 at the bye. I can't see them making that move with jobs on the line. though if we lose to the WFT or Eagles, then they may have no other choice.
    I don't want to get into a Josh Allen vs. Drew Lock debate, it is pointless. Allen is a great QB, but took time to get there.

Lock was thrown in at the end of a season as a rookie on a bad team with a massively limited playbook. He wasn't great, but it gave the team a shot in the arm and they won 3 out of 4 games against not good opposition, with the unicorn Texans game mixed in. Then we switched offensive coordinator to a guy who has demonstrably been bad for a long time. That is not a great move for a QB coming into his 2nd year with higher than justified expectations on a bad team.

Then we have the entire QB competition debacle during the last offseason, which wasted a LOT of reps on a QB who is riding the pine.

At any rate, Lock wasn't given any real chance to develop and he needed it. The only good thing is that we only wasted a 2nd round pick on him, we get to see with the Jags and Jets what happens when you waste a top 2 draft pick on a QB who is not given the opportunity to develop.

It doesn't matter at this point if Lock starts or not. We need to either prepare to go aggressively after a quality veteran option or go for a transition veteran and draft a QB high, either way Lock has no place with the team.

15. The Following User High Fived Gyldenlove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldenlove View Post
    I don't want to get into a Josh Allen vs. Drew Lock debate, it is pointless. Allen is a great QB, but took time to get there.

Lock was thrown in at the end of a season as a rookie on a bad team with a massively limited playbook. He wasn't great, but it gave the team a shot in the arm and they won 3 out of 4 games against not good opposition, with the unicorn Texans game mixed in. Then we switched offensive coordinator to a guy who has demonstrably been bad for a long time. That is not a great move for a QB coming into his 2nd year with higher than justified expectations on a bad team.

Then we have the entire QB competition debacle during the last offseason, which wasted a LOT of reps on a QB who is riding the pine.

At any rate, Lock wasn't given any real chance to develop and he needed it. The only good thing is that we only wasted a 2nd round pick on him, we get to see with the Jags and Jets what happens when you waste a top 2 draft pick on a QB who is not given the opportunity to develop.

It doesn't matter at this point if Lock starts or not. We need to either prepare to go aggressively after a quality veteran option or go for a transition veteran and draft a QB high, either way Lock has no place with the team.
    I'd agree with you there. Darnold looks light years better this year in Carolina. We simply don't have the coaching to ever expect anything different unless we get a ready made guy, ala Rogers or Watson. Lock simply wont succeed here and neither would most QB's with this coaching staff. I still don't think Lock is very good, but the coaches are terrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Shurmur Decided

But who wants Shurmur? Other than Vic Fangio I mean.
    They did decide, they are the coaches. Again, doesnt mean it was the right move but at the same time they see these players day in and day out. Far more than you or I that is for sure.

Lock and TB are same.. there is no harm in switching the QB. Thursday being short week , coaches will go with TB.
    If TB fails, then lock will start against Washington.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    But again... You're banking on Shurmur's judgement.

Do you want to keep Shurmur?
    I dont want him or Fangio and have said that going back to the end of last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I fully expect a QB change soon and it will be nothing more than a desperate attempt to save Vic's job. But honestly, I'm all for it. Let him prove how bad he is too so we can move on from both guys.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information