Page 129 of 298 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If they don't want to be here, then you have to ask yourself why one of the most attractive HC jobs in football no longer is
    That really doesnt answer the question though because at the end of the day you still have to field a football team and play the games. Even if Denver doesnt get the best candidate out there you still have to try and win games.

Also, very few QB's become great QB's as it is. Im not sure i would hook my wagon up to Drew as a HOF'r just yet. Its very possible he may have already hit his ceiling no matter who is coaching him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Old Shanahan was the guy who admitted on live television that after RG3's injury, he (old Shan) fought with RG3 because he (RG3) wanted to be more of a pocket passer

Dude is washed up. One of the ten best HC's of all-time, easy. But he's washed up.

Young Shanahazzle is the man.

Denver missed the boat on Reich, too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    But that all stems from the franchise culture and the rotating door at the head coach.

I wanted Shanny Jr or old Shanny. Either would have developed Lock and been given the time to do it. But joe ellis gunna joe ellis. Now we get Fangio coaching for his job and basically just wasted the past 2 years.
    Shanny Jr didnt want to be here otherwise he would be. So you still have to move on in some capacity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Agreed - I think when they're youngsters you're hoping to see growth and flashes of talent

1 - Hire an offensive coach, because the league is geared towards offense. The SB this year was two godly offensive teams - the one team that lost was the one who routinely styled on great defenses, until they lost half their starting line - the trend of offense continues and has been that way for awhile- so the premium is there.

2 - Pull out all the stops for the offensive head coach.

3 - My logic is simple - if you're going to take a young QB and put the franchise on his shoulders, help him. I don't think saying "go get him a real offensive head coach and a strong OC," translates into the notion that Denver can go get anyone, or that everyone is readily available. I'm not saying Denver can get Julio Jones at WR, Henry at RB, Ertz/Kelce at TE. I don't get the criticism because I'm just saying what I said when Fangio was hired. If wanting a strong offense HC means I'm demanding everything, then so be it, but that's off to me
    I trade Denvers picks for Shanny Jr.

Its been done before.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That really doesnt answer the question though because at the end of the day you still have to field a football team and play the games. Even if Denver doesnt get the best candidate out there you still have to try and win games.

Also, very few QB's become great QB's as it is. Im not sure i would hook my wagon up to Drew as a HOF'r just yet. Its very possible he may have already hit his ceiling no matter who is coaching him.
    You absolutely do have to do that. But if you can't get your guy and you're not going all out, you settle for leftovers. Fangio was league leftovers - it is what it is. One of the reasons why I still have some hope for DL s because of (some) of the reasons SF is saying. The difference between SF and I is that I don't think those reasons translate into "it's not on DL," because Denver, while saddling him with a defensive head coach and Scangs, they also gave him infinite weapons. There's a reason why Rodgers and Watson want to be in Denver: Denver, aside from the HC, is a stylish place with weapons

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I trade Denvers picks for Shanny Jr.

Its been done before.
    you can't trade HC's anymore, unfortunately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Shanny Jr didnt want to be here otherwise he would be. So you still have to move on in some capacity.
    Thats not what i heard

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you can't trade HC's anymore, unfortunately.
    What really? Damn we are screwed then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

What really? Damn we are screwed then.
    Nah, because I'm the next hire!

10. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Old Shanahan was the guy who admitted on live television that after RG3's injury, he (old Shan) fought with RG3 because he (RG3) wanted to be more of a pocket passer

Dude is washed up. One of the ten best HC's of all-time, easy. But he's washed up.

Young Shanahazzle is the man.

Denver missed the boat on Reich, too.
    id still prefer him over fangio and shurmur for qb development

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You absolutely do have to do that. But if you can't get your guy and you're not going all out, you settle for leftovers. Fangio was league leftovers - it is what it is. One of the reasons why I still have some hope for DL s because of (some) of the reasons SF is saying. The difference between SF and I is that I don't think those reasons translate into "it's not on DL," because Denver, while saddling him with a defensive head coach and Scangs, they also gave him infinite weapons. There's a reason why Rodgers and Watson want to be in Denver: Denver, aside from the HC, is a stylish place with weapons
    And there are reasons why Denver is interested in other QB's like Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, and so on. Its easy for all of us to sit here at home on our computers and act like we know exactly what is going on with the team in more finer detail but he reality is we dont. The organization and staff there have a much better grasp on what is going on with Drew and how far his progress is coming along. If they were that confident in him they wouldnt be seeking to find a replacement. People say that teams do this all the time but that just isnt the case because other teams with young Qb's arent doing the same. But like i said, if Drew cant even beat out Teddy Bridgewater than its more than just coaching with him. He will get his chance this year to prove whether he is the guy or not so good luck to him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

id still prefer him over fangio and shurmur for qb development
    Old Shan, when he talks, makes me think he's mentally ill.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats not what i heard
    Yea, but i dont trust your judgement. You still think Tebow is a great QB and thats a major flaw for you. Lol

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

And there are reasons why Denver is interested in other QB's like Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, and so on. Its easy for all of us to sit here at home on our computers and act like we know exactly what is going on with the team in more finer detail but he reality is we dont. The organization and staff there have a much better grasp on what is going on with Drew and how far his progress is coming along. If they were that confident in him they wouldnt be seeking to find a replacement. People say that teams do this all the time but that just isnt the case because other teams with young Qb's arent doing the same. But like i said, if Drew cant even beat out Teddy Bridgewater than its more than just coaching with him. He will get his chance this year to prove whether he is the guy or not so good luck to him.
    Eh, after literally calling out, years in advance how wrong Elway was on Flacco, TS, Keesum, refusing to rebuild, obvious roster management blunders, and whiffing on coaches, I don't think it means I'm smarter. But common sense is common sense: I'm in the middle on Lock. I thought Denver should get an established beast if they could, or even draft a more talented guy this year around, but I also didn't think that running Lock out there was a bad move as one last hurrah.

I also am saying if DL can't beat out TB then it's over for him in Denver: I just think there are reasons to believe in him like SF/Joe does, and reasons to be skeptical, too. But, that doesn't mean I won't look at the past and say 'yeah that was wrong and could have helped DL more if they did this or that'

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Yea, but i dont trust your judgement. You still think Tebow is a great QB and thats a major flaw for you. Lol
    Disrespect Teebs once more and you'll catch my fade!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information