Page 197 of 298 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Lock was fine. People are too stupid to understand and digest what he's done during the off season and appreciate where he's at right now. He's ready, a lot more than Bridgewater will ever be to take this team to elite status...
    Worst rated passer in the NFL check. 3 fumbles last two weeks check. Your litmus test for smarts doesn’t seem very conclusive.

2. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Worst rated passer in the NFL check. 3 fumbles last two weeks check. Your litmus test for smarts doesn’t seem very conclusive.
    But you don’t understand and appreciate the greatness that is Drew Lock!!!

Have you checked his final quarterback ratings for preseason?
    That and a 2-0 record is what matters...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Have you checked his final quarterback ratings for preseason?
    That and a 2-0 record is what matters...
    You had me for a while but I have to respect the brilliance that is this troll account. Well done!

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So you can win with Lock in the NFL, but you need to really manage him on the field and limit his mistakes. Think Jake Plummer. You need to get moving outside the pocket, giving easy half field reads and make sure he knows he can run a couple yards if the pass isn't there. Problem is that not what this coaching staff want to do.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    So you can win with Lock in the NFL, but you need to really manage him on the field and limit his mistakes. Think Jake Plummer. You need to get moving outside the pocket, giving easy half field reads and make sure he knows he can run a couple yards if the pass isn't there. Problem is that not what this coaching staff want to do.
    The other problem is that style of play has a ceiling. It can get you regular season wins and maybe even a win or two in the playoffs if everything breaks perfectly, but eventually you run into a talented, well prepared defense like the Steelers and it all falls apart.

I loved Jake, thought he was fun to watch, but it's just too hard to sustain long term success playing that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

To put it more succinctly, the second you tell me that the offense most suited for a QB is one that only requires him to read half the field, you're telling me we don't have a real QB.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Lock is still developing as a quarterback and I believe he just needed a full season under his belt to be where I think he needed to be and that is, finish this season with great accomplishments beyond we could hope for. His upside and potential outweighs any flaws he may have. I’m sure he can work those out with playing time. The last thing you’d want to do is keeping him on a short leash.
    Bridgewater is not the answer, we all know that, and I highly doubt Bridgewater would have a better record as a starter than Lock would have if he was the starter. We’re talking Lock 2021 not Lock 2020 that went into the season with no training camp, no preseason and for a young guy like him that did him no favors last year.
    Last edited by Strafen; 09-01-2021 at 12:01 PM.

12. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The other problem is that style of play has a ceiling. It can get you regular season wins and maybe even a win or two in the playoffs if everything breaks perfectly, but eventually you run into a talented, well prepared defense like the Steelers and it all falls apart.

I loved Jake, thought he was fun to watch, but it's just too hard to sustain long term success playing that way.
    You really have to have very strong running game to make that style of play to work.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

14. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

You really have to have very strong running game to make that style of play to work.
    Yup…if the field is never stretched, the opponents crowd the line…stifle the run, and crush our dreams of TBW bringing us to the promised land of the post season.

16. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

just wait till Ds start jumping the checkdowns

1-6 will be the best teddy stans can hope for.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

All excellent points. You also have to be able to not just read a defense, but exploit the weakness (and sometimes there are very few for a great defense). If you can’t do that, you won’t move the ball. It’s not college anymore where you can just out scheme and outmaneuver the other team or just beat them by having better athletes. If your QB can’t make tight-window throws that close quickly to exploit the time when guys are “NFL open” vice wide open, then you’re not going to have the success, either. There’s a reason a defense normally gives you a check down, because it plays into their hands. They are dictating to you that they’ll give up 4 yards to prevent a first down.

Sometimes, taking what the defense gives you means taking those higher risk throws because the “safe throws” net you absolutely nothing. I’m not a huge fan of the term, “taking what the defense gives you” because that’s not what truly good offenses do. The offense should be dictating to the defense and forcing the defense to react not just trying to be safe and hope they get lucky enough to perfectly execute a play to get first downs. The whole, “be safe, punting is okay, we’ll get em next time, let’s lean on the defense”, only works for so long and only for a little while each game.

Even the best defenses wear down, or blow a coverage, or miss a tackle from time to time allowing the other team to score. In this day and age, 3 and out should be seen as abject failure. Teams can’t win this way. I don’t think the defense or locker room sees a whole lotta difference or feels better that an offense had 6 3 and out drives, scored zero points, and kept sending the defense back out there than they would if the offense scored 2 TDs in those 6 drives but also turned the ball over once. I’m not excusing turnovers, but I’d rather have a QB who throws 2 TDs and 1-2 INTs every game than the one who throws 1 TD or 1 INT every other game. Like I’ve said before, I’d rather have Wintson’s 30 TDs and 30 INTs than 15 and 11. At least we scored 30 TDs. Not every turnover is a guaranteed score or takes points off the board.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 08-29-2021 at 03:47 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I come to the conclusion that Lock is not a system fit at QB for what Shumar wants to do. Lock would be successfully in system Scag was trying to put in = PA, QB roll outs, half fields reads and other staples of Shanahan style offense.
    Which prompts the question once again, why did we fire Scangerello after one season? Ce la vie.

21. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Which prompts the question once again, why did we fire Scangerello after one season? Ce la vie.
    Someone needed fired!!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It is good form to not use such a word, but I am guilty of using it myself from time to time. So I cannot judge you if you do.
    and just who in the, you know what, have you ever used this word on?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information