Page 126 of 298 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    To highlight this - the rules are so QB friendly now
    Yep, between these QB friendly spread schemes and rules favoring the offense, it's easier than ever for QBs to succeed. That's why you see even average to below average guys put up numbers that would have put them in the hall of fame 30 years ago. If you have a QB who is to year 3 and still sucks despite all those advantages, he probably just sucks.

Allen was already showing flashes of brilliance in his second year and he clearly improved from year 1 to 2, so I'm not listening to that comparison. Tannehill is about the only example in recent years of a guy who sucked for 4-5 years then figured it out, but even he's probably not much more than above average at best.

This year is make or break for Lock. If it doesn't click, it's never going to. And that's on him. Not his coaches or anyone else.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yep, between these QB friendly spread schemes and rules favoring the offense, it's easier than ever for QBs to succeed. That's why you see even average to below average guys put up numbers that would have put them in the hall of fame 30 years ago. If you have a QB who is to year 3 and still sucks despite all those advantages, he probably just sucks.

Allen was already showing flashes of brilliance in his second year and he clearly improved from year 1 to 2, so I'm not listening to that comparison. Tannehill is about the only example in recent years of a guy who sucked for 4-5 years then figured it out, but even he's probably not much more than above average at best.

This year is make or break for Lock. If it doesn't click, it's never going to. And that's on him. Not his coaches or anyone else.
    Paragraph One - completion percentage definitely comes to mind! Good lord the game manager stans love % and QBR.

Allen flashed his talent and he was always horrifyingly gifted with his legs.

Lock would maybe be able to journeyman his way in the league/be a backup. Let's also be fair - DL was a second round pick. Denver isn't married to him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah the second round pick thing is important, and in my opinion makes his leash even shorter. There's a reason 32 teams, including the Broncos, passed on the guy. They saw obvious flaws in his game. That's not to say non-first rounders can't be successful, you have guys like Dak and Wilson who did it. But for those guys, you have to show it immediately. A team isn't going to, and shouldn't, wait that long for a non first round QB they took a flier on to hopefully figure it out.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

18 games.

Going into year three, Allen had 28 games under his belt, 27 starting. Nearly a full season more than lock at this point. 2nd year stats were 58.8% completion, 49.4 QBR. He didn't throw as many INT's but his numbers didn't jump off the page either.

I know you all think I'm a Lock apologist, and maybe I am, but I want to see him in a full year with the same offense for the 2nd year.

If he sucks, he sucks and I'll forget about him. But I do think he needs this year to prove himself. One way or another.

Also, I understand all teams went through the COVID crap. I don't know if any of the other rookies (yes, I consider last year his rookie season because he was on IR for 2/3 of 2019 and couldn't practice) with no preseason, virtually no training camp, had a new OC, rookie players at critical positions, a RB that was new to the team, injuries rivaled by only a couple other teams, etc., etc.

He flashed brilliance in a few games, and stunk it up in others. I think he's worth another year to figure out.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    18 games.

Going into year three, Allen had 28 games under his belt, 27 starting. Nearly a full season more than lock at this point.

I know you all think I'm a Lock apologist, and maybe I am, but I want to see him in a full year with the same offense for the 2nd year.

If he sucks, he sucks and I'll forget about him. But I do think he needs this year to prove himself. One way or another.

Also, I understand all teams went through the COVID crap. I don't know if any of the other rookies (yes, I consider last year his rookie season because he was on IR for 2/3 of 2019 and couldn't practice) with no preseason, virtually no training camp, had a new OC, rookie players at critical positions, a RB that was new to the team, injuries rivaled by only a couple other teams, etc., etc.

He flashed brilliance in a few games, and stunk it up in others. I think he's worth another year to figure out.
    I agree at this point we might as well see what he can do this year since we don't have a better option, saving for a Rodgers miracle. But I don't think he should be handed the job just to see what he can do. If Teddy beats him fair and square in camp, Teddy should start. The best way to lose a locker room is starting the clearly worse player because you drafted him high. Lock has to win the competition and earn it. If he can't even do that, that probably gives you the answer to how good he is.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

A though experiment I like to perform to avoid homerism is to imagine one of our guys plays for the Raiders. Would he be a guy we fear and dread playing twice a year, or would he be a guy we'd laugh at and call another failed Raiders pick? If Lock played for the Raiders, I think we'd all be laughing at them for what a bust he is. Much like the rest of the league currently mocks Lock. Usually everyone isn't wrong. It happens, and maybe this is one of those cases, but I'm going to play the odds and probably be right more than I'm wrong.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    18 games.

Going into year three, Allen had 28 games under his belt, 27 starting. Nearly a full season more than lock at this point. 2nd year stats were 58.8% completion, 49.4 QBR. He didn't throw as many INT's but his numbers didn't jump off the page either.

I don't think you're an apologist. I think you're leaning into factors that favor him: he was raw, he wasn't done any favors in his first two seasons -Flacco, the IR situations, injuries to the team, covid- and you're viewing him in that light. That's fine and that's grounded in reality; that's within a spectrum of reasonableness.

If he can't beat out BridgeQB, and can't win down the job in this scenario then it is what it is.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Has anyone started a Teddy Bridgewater appreciation thread yet?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

15. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If he can't beat out BridgeQB, and can't win down the job in this scenario then it is what it is.
    ^This is all that matters here. It doenst matter if you are a Lock apologist or not, if he cant beat out Teddy for the starting job than he isnt the guy. It really is that simple.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Can you name a QB who went from awful to good after changing coaches? I can only think of one--like Wave said, good QB's always end up figuring it out. The bad ones jump from team to team, system to system, coach to coach, and it never matters...they are either good or bad
    Rich Gannon, Steve young, and tannehill off the top of my head. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Rich Gannon, Steve young, and tannehill off the top of my head. . .
    So two guys 30 years ago and one current player. Shows just how much the odds are stacked against it happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    No one was calling for anyone other than Peyton after his first year. At this point, in year 3, you know who someone is
    um the broncos fanbase was calling for Osweiler over Manning here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    I’m sitting here watching the video breakdown on db.com and there clearly saying Drew regarding those two ints one where the ball flipped off his hand and went backwards to Malik and the other was by the elite Justin Simmons. Outside of those TWO plays Drew was alright! This is the shit I be talking about! Your only getting honest and fair reporting from these guy’s. Everything else is oh Drew makes a mistake and he had a horrible whole day which is bullshit.

On the same day literally nobody mentioned bridgewater two ints lol. It’s total horse shit honestly.

The games will tell the story though, not bias fans going ofr bias reporting.
    This is what i watched with Case Keenum and Chad Kelly. Case Keenum was awful. I went to the training camp and watched. Case Keenum lost the starting job in preseason to me. But was still given the starting job. He was lauded by the media during all of TC. It was absurd what i heard on the radio compared to what i saw. All of it was garbage 5 yd throws. Then you had Chad Kelly throwing deep balls for tds. Im still mystified by what i saw happen that year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Allen turned into a star after 32 games of starting. But yet Drew a second round prospect is suppose to make the jump after 18 starts. It’s crazy you people can’t see how ridiculous you are.
    If anything it should be more time. Otherwise why draft Drew? This is what i said when he was taken. I watched him all the time at mizzou. i knew he needed 3-4 years. And people are like "that not the NFL anymore". Says who? And why even draft the kid if you were going to do a disservice to him.

When i saw we had Fangio and Shurmur to develop a raw, talented qb prospect, for the modern NFL game "that makes it easy for qbs". How easy is it when your coaches dont have a clue about this modern NFL game?

i knew it was going to be trouble.

24. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It’s stamped that shurmer is not a good coach or even an average coach. Worst hire in a long time by the broncos. Should have just stuck with scangerello honestly.
    ive been record saying replacing Scang with him was a massive mistake. Scang protected lock from qb hits. Lower scoring, but didnt want to destroy the kids confidence. Its night and day compared to Shurmur.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information