Page 285 of 298 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Another loss, another Lock bashing by teddy’s fanatics...
    Who gives af?

There are way bigger issues than Drew Lock. He's a ripple in the vast ocean of this Broncos malaise. Good kid, might have had success in better circumstances.

Reality is that this franchise has been in a horrific tailspin since Manning left, and only now do we see the ground rushing up. Massive, massive changes are needed.

Could Paton find a coach?

Hopefully. But why didn't he do it right away? Are these gestures toward dynasty meaningful, or just gestures?

When you step back and look, it's bleak. The mediocrity without Manning, minus 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Captain’s log: Year three, week 9, maybe Drew Lock will be able to recognize a disguised cover 2 and work the progressions for the deep cross.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Who gives af?

There are way bigger issues than Drew Lock. He's a ripple in the vast ocean of this Broncos malaise. Good kid, might have had success in better circumstances.

Reality is that this franchise has been in a horrific tailspin since Manning left, and only now do we see the ground rushing up. Massive, massive changes are needed.

Hopefully. But why didn't he do it right away? Are these gestures toward dynasty meaningful, or just gestures?

When you step back and look, it's bleak. The mediocrity without Manning, minus 2005.
    I think you mean since 2015. Though how good was that coaching job by Kubiak to get 9-7 and Trevor Siemien a pro-bowl invite in 2016? We were a blown call against KC away from being back in the playoffs.

This team has been in a free-fall ever since. Radio never should have been hired. Vic should have never been hired. This is how you destroy a franchise.

Is Paton the guy to figure it out?

It's probably better for Drew Lock's career if he doesn't play for these clowns.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Captain’s log: Year three, week 9, maybe Drew Lock will be able to recognize a disguised cover 2 and work the progressions for the deep cross.
    Captains log: Year 8, week 9. Maybe teddy can start doing this as well since the last 2 weeks he has failed to not turn the ball over by specifically ignoring coverages in front of him, better yet since he was sold as the answer it would be nice for him to not be a bottom dwelling QB at the moment from a statistical standpoint. We get it Teddy leads good, just doesn't play so good. I mean he currently has a worse QBR rating then he did his whole year in Carolina, what a upgrade we got. Guess if he plays the giants every game he might be onto something. Hopefully year 8 week 10, he can red those coverages a bit better and play better as well.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He seems to be a pretty significant upgrade over what we have now. If we are looking to make an improvement on the QB position without selling the farm, and without relying on the apparently garbage 22 draft class to save us, Jimmy G or somebody like him is our best bet.

The key will be finding a HC/OC combo that can make him look good.
    No don't get enamoured with pretty good. He's the Andy Dalton of those generation

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Joe is a major douche who is obsessed with metrics that don't matter. No other writers in the Denver market have any respect for him. I wouldn't quote him to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I think you mean since 2015. Though how good was that coaching job by Kubiak to get 9-7 and Trevor Siemien a pro-bowl invite in 2016? We were a blown call against KC away from being back in the playoffs.

This team has been in a free-fall ever since. Radio never should have been hired. Vic should have never been hired. This is how you destroy a franchise.

Is Paton the guy to figure it out?

It's probably better for Drew Lock's career if he doesn't play for these clowns.
    Lock absolutely shouldn't start. I don't want to risk winning a few meaningless games down the stretch. I am still worried about the Lions game, they are even worse than us.

12. The Following User High Fived Gyldenlove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Funny that the same coaches that we all want fired for incompetence and the inability to coach to their players’ strengths are the exact same ones we believe made the right decision playing Bridgewater over Lock because he’s “better”. So what is it? Does Lock suck because Shurmur says so or does Shurmur suck because he can’t develop a young QB and can’t even call an offense for his tailor made system guy in Bridgewater?

I realize they’re not mutually exclusive, but the fact that the coaching staff chose Teddy because he’s “better” and “won the competition” rings more and more hollow with each failure and incompetent game plan. At this point, if Shurmur or Fangio made a decision, I’d be more inclined to do the opposite… it’s not like they’re right very often these days.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Funny that the same coaches that we all want fired for incompetence and the inability to coach to their players’ strengths are the exact same ones we believe made the right decision playing Bridgewater over Lock because he’s “better”. So what is it? Does Lock suck because Shurmur says so or does Shurmur suck because he can’t develop a young QB and can’t even call an offense for his tailor made system guy in Bridgewater?

I realize they’re not mutually exclusive, but the fact that the coaching staff chose Teddy because he’s “better” and “won the competition” rings more and more hollow with each failure and incompetent game plan. At this point, if Shurmur or Fangio made a decision, I’d be more inclined to do the opposite… it’s not like they’re right very often these days.
    Chances are both QB's suck ass but there are question marks which a lot of us have pointed out when it comes to who should have started the year. I would have liked for Lock to play the entire year and would have liked him to come into the offseason blowing the doors off Teddy. Even if the competition was close it would have been nice to see Drew get the nod since he was the guy we invested in. And as bad as the coaching is im not sure its really about player evaluation and more so to do with on the field calls and game planning. As you said, its not mutually exclusive but certainly coaching isnt even helping Teddy at this point so the real question becomes how do we fix that part and if we do will it then fix Teddy and Drew when it comes to development/progression.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Who gives af?

It’s been reported that part of the agreement when Paton was hired was that he leave the coaching staff intact this year.

And yes, this organization has major problems beyond QB. But having a good QB helps cover up a lot of deficiencies.

I’ve always been optimistic about Paton but now I’m starting to worry he’s not going to be the savior we need. His FA acquisitions have all been mediocre or worse this year. Not off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Joe is a major douche who is obsessed with metrics that don't matter. No other writers in the Denver market have any respect for him. I wouldn't quote him to make a point.
    That’s all well and good, but that doesn’t change the fact that he made a very good point. A coaching staff with their jobs on the line played a very banged up Teddy Bridgewater over Drew Lock. Doesn’t speak well for what the organization thinks of the latter.

19. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That’s all well and good, but that doesn’t change the fact that he made a very good point. A coaching staff with their jobs on the line played a very banged up Teddy Bridgewater over Drew Lock. Doesn’t speak well for what the organization thinks of the latter.
    Not only that, Fangio said he never even considered going to Lock at halftime when Teddy was clearly hobbled and limited and we had 0 points. That couldn't send a louder message how little they think of Lock.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It is pretty scary that they didnt even consider going to Lock after halftime.

Old man also said he's not making any coaching changes no matter what. Period. The End.

Which points to the Ring of Stubborn being the one to rule them all in Dove Valley. You see it in his interviews too. Doesn't take true ownership. Threw Scang under busses repeatedly. Now can't be bothered to address that with Shurmur, he's made it all so much worse

Tou know damned well Lock is not that bad. Bullshit dude, you’ve seen him play and you have to post a twit from a douche to make your point?
    Last edited by GEM; 10-22-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information