Page 139 of 298 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What about that statement confuses you?
    The fact that you expect lock to be Peyton Manning

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTech View Post
    There's no mulligans in football. I've seen enough of the back foot throws that might have worked in college but never works in the pros. Spraying the field with inaccuracy and throwing 10 yard passes with 60 yard velocity. Our quarterback room is a mess and when it's time for clean up we won't get an offer on any of these guys, even as a backup. We'll end up cutting them and not getting a damn thing for them.
    NFL QB’s throw off their back foot regularly now.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Drew is going into his third year. I’ll give him a mulligan on last year. We use to all agree, it takes 3 to 4 yrs for a QB to develop. Perhaps, Manning will help him this off season. I haven’t given up on the kid. This year, he really needs to show improvement.
    Yep. This. Unless we land Rodgers or Watson, we roll with Lock. He needs to show some live fire action. If not, we move forward in a new direction. I'm starting to really doubt his ability and that makes me feel unlike myself. So I hope he has the goods and gets it done. We get to watch.

How is it that I feel he might be terrible and might be great?

I would put money on this team not being very good offensively.

Which is flat wrong if you look at the roster.

Man. I don't have the words for exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Denver needed both, but Plummer wasn't the answer, and Cutler could have been, had Shanatan not shown how washed up he was, and had Cutler not been a pouty ho
    The Shanahan Cutler story deserves a full length documentary if you ask me. With Plummer as the central figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The Shanahan Cutler story deserves a full length documentary if you ask me. With Plummer as the central figure.
    In a world where one NFL Franchise has three ********, what happens when an ******* starter flusters an ******* HC who just drafted a big pouty ho?

The Answer is Tebow! That's what happens!

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There was nothing wrong with Shanatan at the time he was fired, save for one fatal flaw … Slowik.

He had turned it around on draft day and was drafting talent over faded dogma, Clady, Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Kuper, Schefler. He needed only to concentrate on defensive side of the ball for a draft or three, unfortunately he was given an ultimatum and he made the (2nd) worst decision of his career.

But I still believe he would have won more SB’s and would retire as the Broncos version of Don Shula had it not been for Slowik.

I enjoyed the ‘08 season the way you freaks enjoyed the Tebow debacle, except ‘08 team was actually fun to watch.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 06-20-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Shanatan at the time he was fired, save for one fatal flaw … Slowik.

He had turned it around on draft day and was drafting talent over faded dogma, Clady, Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Kuper, Schefler. He needed only to concentrate on defensive side of the ball for a draft or three, unfortunately he was given an ultimatum and he made the (2nd) worst decision of his career.

But I still believe he would have won more SB’s and would retire as the Broncos version of Don Shula had it not been for Slowik.

I enjoyed the ‘08 season the way you freaks enjoyed the Tebow debacle, except ‘08 team was actually fun to watch.
    When your team collapses the way they did, you're washed

And then he went to Washington and was still washed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    When your team collapses the way they did, you're washed

And then he went to Washington and was still washed
    I still have nightmares about that collapse. It was legit one of the worst times of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoTech View Post
    There's no mulligans in football. I've seen enough of the back foot throws that might have worked in college but never works in the pros. Spraying the field with inaccuracy and throwing 10 yard passes with 60 yard velocity. Our quarterback room is a mess and when it's time for clean up we won't get an offer on any of these guys, even as a backup. We'll end up cutting them and not getting a damn thing for them.
    Mahomes throws off his back foot and many other off balance ways. It’s all about if your good at it. Or not. Drew needs to just do it less, because sometimes it works but it’s not something you can drop back and do every attempt.

I don’t know why your even thinking of a trade, teddy is on a new year, lock will likely be here the duration of his rookie contract regardless of how this year unfolds. If the broncos are smart they roll with lock theee next two years and then draft Manning. I’d seriously tank and trade whatever it takes get the number one pick that year.

12. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Not only not been good at drafting a QB, they've always avoided it going to develop a young QB. It's frustrating.
    If only Chad Kelly never botched his shot. That guy really had the talent to be something great.

But until Denver drafts a talented prospect and tells the fans to sthu we’re developing this guy for 4 year’s we’ll never have a guy long enough to see.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    denver's HC IS on a short leash. . . where you been?

I don’t think so, the only reason people are saying this is because we have a new GM. Fangio will live out the rest of his contract. And then we’ll see where we are after that season. If things have been turned around he’ll extend, if not he’ll likely walk. But I’d seriously try and convince him to stay as the DC. Fangio defensive mind, his system and his ability to get guys coached up is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I worry about both to a degree. The Teddy B thing wreaks of Flacco 2.0.......Drew ended up being the answer the last 5 games that year, and I'm sure something similar will show its face this year if Teddy B is the so called answer into the season and were staring at a losing record after 8 games of avg boring Qb play. Drew will be the guy again until the and the entire coaching staff can be replaced going into next year unless they make a magical playoff run, and to be fair they all would have deserved it at that point.

Only way this year ends up good is if Drew gets it and dominates TC and pre-season heading into the season and has a good year or we pull Rodgers out of our ass. Those are the only 2 scenarios where Denver and its fanbase wins. Every other scenario means mediocre play, middle of the road Draft pick in rd 1, a new regime and Qb and a start over from scratch yet again. All of that is wasted year for Denver and its fanbase but I'm sure the calls for Case Rypien to get his shot will grow louder to coincide.....
    Your absolutely correct that’s what exactly how the season would unfold if teddy starts, he’d be he guy all the way until week 7-8 where it’s just unbearable to watch any longer and they’d inject lock into QB1 but it would be too late to make a playoff run since we’re like 2-6 through 8 game’s but lock plays good and then demands a trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Not only not been good at drafting a QB, they've always avoided it going to develop a young QB. It's frustrating.
    If only Chad Kelly never botched his shot. That guy really had the talent to be something great.

But until Denver drafts a talented prospect and tells the fans to sthu we’re developing this guy for 4 year’s we’ll never have a guy long enough to see.
    They need to draft a true prospect for years high and they refuse to. Cutty was the last legit prospect.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I wish Trevor was better protected - he was outplaying his ceiling, and could have essentially made a career as a Teddy B - in the end, he just saw too many ghosts and got a bad injury in NY - not saying he would have been Tom Brady, but he would have been dependable in my opinion.

Every other qb since Manning was signed (10 years ago) has been dreadful - I think Lock (potential) and Teddy (safety first) is probably the best qb combo we have had since - well, a long ******* time

I still think the Denver starter is not on the roster though

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

It was Slowik, and a stupid 54-yard FG attempt (in the cold with a slumping Prater) with 2:00 left in the first half against Buffalo in Week 16 (with Denver up 13-3) that sealed his fate.

If Shanny just punts the ball, they probably stop the Bills, and they don't get momentum going for the second half like they did in reality with their TD drive (that cut it to 13-10 before the half).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information