Page 97 of 298 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm was replying to the point that the reason the Stafford trade fell through is that we didn't want to put Lock in the deal. If we were actively trying to trade for Stafford, it makes no sense to me that Lock would be untouchable.
    Maybe this is why you're not a GM?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Maybe this is why you're not a GM?
    Yeah no shit neither myself nor you nor anyone in this thread are qualified to be an NFL GM. Now that we have that very obvious point out of the way, shall we go back to discussing the actual topic?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Why did Bolles sign a extension when all people like you did was bash him? Sorry but everyone don’t take shit personal and react on emotion like you think buddy. Which is the only reason your saying what you’re saying. Lock feels disrespected so he won’t sign a extension here because he had to learn behind a veteran a couple years.
    Bolles was the starter. Ridiculous comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Paton didn’t trade Lock because he believes in Lock! He can feel it way down in his plums!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So...the plan is to have Lock take over right after his contract expires? Yeah...that makes sense.
    That’s tits! Not sure why it doesn’t make sense to you, Lock would presumably be taking over on a reasonable “Prove it” contract after developing for 4 years.

This goes along with your hesitation to draft Lance because the Broncos “can’t wait” for him to develop, they wouldn’t be wasting 9 on a QB that won’t be playing soon.

OTOH, Lock isn’t a game manager “fits the system” scrub so I can see why you hate the idea. Why wait for Lock/Lance when you can have Case Keeesum now?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    That’s tits! Not sure why it doesn’t make sense to you, Lock would presumably be taking over on a reasonable “Prove it” contract after developing for 4 years.

This goes along with your hesitation to draft Lance because the Broncos “can’t wait” for him to develop, they wouldn’t be wasting 9 on a QB that won’t be playing soon.

OTOH, Lock isn’t a game manager “fits the system” scrub so I can see why you hate the idea. Why wait for Lock/Lance when you can have Case Keeesum now?
    Let's see if I can ONCE AGAIN put your insane interpretations of my opinions to rest.

1. I...along with many others...have simply made the comment that if the choice is to stick with Lock and simply bring in competition, that Minshew would not be a bad idea. Not me or anyone else has said he should come in and replace Lock...UNLESS Lock chokes. Period. So you can stop your bitchy crusade about how me and others have a preference for mediocre QB's.

2. My concerns about Lance are three-fold. A. He is a project B. he has one year of experience and C. he has never faced any decent competition. Yes, I will concede that if you have a top 10 pick, the players you draft early should be drafted to come in and fix your situation much soon than later. Especially, if you've made enough improvements to be "a QB away" from playoff contention. Over the past few days, I've heard people argue that Paxton Lynch had "all the tools" to be a great QB...how Jamie Newman has "all the tools" to be developed. And I'm supposed to assume that the 3rd or 4th or 5th best QB in this draft is worthy of a top 10 pick because he has "all the tools"? I just don't gamble that way. If a team wants to do the Green Bay thing with him and draft him later while they wait it out...that makes more sense. Top 10 doesn't. Just MY opinion.

3. And as far as Lock waiting around and signing a "prove it" extension...good luck with that. I believe the word you used was "presumably". As in, we presumed that Osweiler would re-sign with us at the end of his contract after he developed under Manning for 4 years. How did that work out again?

If you're going to talk shit...at least use the things I said in the proper context. If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong...but I can't be wrong if you don't quote me properly.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Your third point was really my entire point on the hypothetical Stafford trade. Seems ridiculous to me that Lock would be a dealbreaker considering he only has two years left on his deal and there is no guarantee he'd even resign. Brock is a great example. If you're gonna take a swing at a big time QB on the trade market, Lock just has to be on the table.

Image if the Watson legal drama was gone and it was announced that we had a trade offer for him but backed out because the Texans wanted Lock. This place would go nuclear. Now I know Watson is younger and better than Stafford, so that isn't the fairest comparison, but I think Stafford is a good enough talent to warrant shipping out Lock to bring in. I still feel like the rest of what Detroit asked for in that deal is probably what made Paton say no.

But for the sake of not alienating the guy you already have, it makes total sense that Paton would leak that Lock was the dealbreaker in the trade.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

5 bold predictions for Denver Broncos in 2021

1. Drew Lock will win 10+ games as Denver’s starter

The majority of fans around the league seem to be waiting around for Lock to fall flat on his face. Admittedly, his play for the Broncos to date hasn’t been good enough to merit all that much optimism.

However, the offensive ecosystem waiting for him in 2021 is tailor-made for him to succeed. The presence of guys like Gordon, Fant, and Jeudy gives him more than enough skill players to thrive. Add that to what should be an improved offensive line and it’s easy to build some optimism for Lock’s short-term future.

Lock doesn’t need to be great to put up good numbers in 2021. He’s got the arm talent required to make the throws Fangio asks of him. If he improves his accuracy with the football he can become a quality starter.
    https://fansided.com/2021/04/11/5-bo...roncos-2021/5/

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If he improves his accuracy with the football he can become a quality
    Well, duh... lol

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, duh... lol
    I'm banking on his last 4 games (including one stinker) to be who he is in 2021.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'm banking on his last 4 games (including one stinker) to be who he is in 2021.
    For the sake of the Broncos i hope so. If not, back to the drawing board.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

For me, it's almost a deja vu thing. A year ago we were banking on the last 5 games Bolles played in 2019 to build on success for 2020. We saw improvements in technique and footwork and fortunately...it played out.

It's a bit similar for Lock. His mechanics and footwork improved at the end of the season and as a result...so did his accuracy. I think more direct and consistent work with Shula and Shurmur will lead to more success on the field. I also think veteran competition (Bridgewater, etc.) will help...and it can't hurt learning a thing or two from Manning. I have a lot of hope for Lock next year.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

For me, it's almost a deja vu thing. A year ago we were banking on the last 5 games Bolles played in 2019 to build on success for 2020. We saw improvements in technique and footwork and fortunately...it played out.

It's a bit similar for Lock. His mechanics and footwork improved at the end of the season and as a result...so did his accuracy. I think more direct and consistent work with Shula and Shurmur will lead to more success on the field. I also think veteran competition (Bridgewater, etc.) will help...and it can't hurt learning a thing or two from Manning. I have a lot of hope for Lock next year.
    It'd be nice if he got into a rhythm with his receivers too, and they actually caught the ball. I think I read somewhere we were in the top 10 in dropped passes.

Having a full offseason will really help all of them - mostly Lock.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

My thing is what lock said. He said that he spent most of the year trying to get the offense down and was not really able to learn reading the defenses. He said towards the end of the year he was able to get that down a little bit. He also said this offseason would be his best ever. I think with him finally having an offense down and mastered and not having to learn another new one again- he can focus on reading defenses. That will help immensly. Hearing he is also working with Peyton on how to read defenses is just another added bonus. So him fixing footwork and other things, yes, but for me, what held him back the most was just not being able to read a defense.

Now that he can (Im hoping) I suspect that will help a lot.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information