Page 96 of 298 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't think that's accurate. Maybe he "inquired" or even put offers on the table, but clearly he didn't TRY to trade for every QB on the market.
    I don't think teams who are happy with their QB situation are "inquiring" about every QB who comes available.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quotes from Paton:

“Very talented, was inconsistent at times, has a lot to work on,” Paton said during his Thursday press conference. “But I’ve spoken with Drew, I see him every day. He’s here early. He’s working. He really wants to be great. And we’re always going to try to bring in competition at every position, and quarterback as well. But I like the track that Drew’s on.”
    “You like to see them in critical situations. You like to see the accuracy. How is he with his teammates? What’s the leadership like?” Paton said. “There’s so much involved when evaluating the quarterback. So I look forward to evaluating Drew further in person. But he does have all the traits you look for in a quarterback.”
    As GM, Paton is already on record as saying that he plans to be "aggressive but not reckless" while striving to be "involved in every deal" out there. There's some hyperbole to that last comment but it conveys the new GM's philosophy of being engaged with the free-agent and trade market without promising to close every deal he gets "involved" in.
    "I liked Drew coming out of the draft -- big arm, athletic, playmaker," Paton said. "I haven't studied him. I haven't gotten into a lot of tape. I've only been here four days. I've watched enough tape to know he's talented and he can develop."
    "I’ve said before, we’re going to be aggressive and we’re going to be in every deal," Paton said. "It doesn’t mean we’re going to make that deal but we’re going to look into everything whether it is a quarterback or a defensive lineman. Anything that helps our football team we’re going to pursue.”
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 04-12-2021 at 04:02 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just can't pin our record last year on Lock solely.

Not to sound like J10H13, but Deshawn Watson (while having better numbers) had a worse W/L record.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quotes from Paton:
    Exactly! Paton absolutely likes drew lock. And he said fortunately for us we have a quarterback!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quotes from Paton:
    What else is he going to say? You think he's going to shit on Lock and torpedo his trade value? Sorry but I put zero stock in quotes like that. Of course he's going to say he likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So...the plan is to have Lock take over right after his contract expires? Yeah...that makes sense.
    Ever heard of a contract extension? Maybe you haven’t.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What else is he going to say? You think he's going to shit on Lock and torpedo his trade value? Sorry but I put zero stock in quotes like that. Of course he's going to say he likes him.
    I think his actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words.

Yeah okay well just believe you over the actual guy who hasn’t bring in a single quarterback..... the actions speak louder than words. Regardless of what YOU think

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So...the plan is to have Lock take over right after his contract expires? Yeah...that makes sense.
    Yeah if you're trading for Stafford, Lock is never gonna be your guy. The idea that Lock was the dealbreaker in that trade is preposterous to me. If you can get a pro bowl QB, you aren't saying no because of your backup QB who probably won't even still be on your roster by the time Stafford is done.

I think his actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words.
    Some people just don’t get it lol. Paton literally hasn’t brung in a single QB. Hasn’t pulled the trigger on anything! Just kicking tires. It’s beyond obvious that he likes lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Ever heard of a contract extension? Maybe you haven’t.
    Why would Lock sign a contract extension for a team that he has no path to starting for for at least 3 years? Especially after being the starter and being replaced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yeah if you're trading for Stafford, Lock is never gonna be your guy. The idea that Lock was the dealbreaker in that trade is preposterous to me. If you can get a pro bowl QB, you aren't saying no because of your backup QB who probably won't even still be on your roster by the time Stafford is done.
    He didn't trade for Stafford.

Kind of an important qualification to your statement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This. For the umpteenth time, Paton said the Broncos would be, “in on every deal”.

I’d be willing to bet Paton has inquired about more players than just QBs, they just aren’t reported and discussed ad nauseum like QB. At some point, the absolute vast majority of both affiliated and unaffiliated NFL pundits have decided that Drew Lock is the worst QB in the league who needs to be replaced ASAP. If the Broncos don’t either sign some shitty second-rate vet who is a never was and won’t actually improve this team AT ALL (Dalton, Fitz, Teddy B, Alex Smith, etc) to “compete” (take the job) or draft one of the surmised top 5 QBs, then they’ve somehow failed. It has gotten tiresome.
    I'm just going to bump this.

Emphasis mine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He didn't trade for Stafford.

Kind of an important qualification to your statement.
    I'm was replying to the point that the reason the Stafford trade fell through is that we didn't want to put Lock in the deal. If we were actively trying to trade for Stafford, it makes no sense to me that Lock would be untouchable.

Why would Lock sign a contract extension for a team that he has no path to starting for for at least 3 years? Especially after being the starter and being replaced.
    Why did Bolles sign a extension when all people like you did was bash him? Sorry but everyone don’t take shit personal and react on emotion like you think buddy. Which is the only reason your saying what you’re saying. Lock feels disrespected so he won’t sign a extension here because he had to learn behind a veteran a couple years.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information