Page 82 of 298 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I’d rather him make you all look dumb instead of the broncos by saying a draft pick on a player we don’t need because our current quarterback proves he’s a legit franchise QB.
    My point is if Lock really is that franchise QB, who cares who else we bring in? He'll win the job and be fine. The people so worried that a competition will ruin him are kinda telling on themselves that they don't think Lock is good enough to win a competition.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If a washed up vet would beat Lock in camp who is entering his third year, then sorry, Lock isn't the guy and was never gonna be. That's just a fact. The fact that you think it's so inevitable Lock would lose that battle kinda tells me you agree Lock isn't really that good?
    Mentally? No Lock isn’t that good. That’s the problem. He’s had a new system every goddamned year! Last year he didn’t even have a real TC and no preseason. The offseason is a dress rehearsal. No real bullets are fired. No hits are taken by the QB. This isn’t rocket science. I don’t know your career field, but do you honestly think someone with over a decade more experience than you couldn’t run circles around you in an interview/classroom setting doing routine things?

The more we stunt his growth by making him have to learn a new system or give him just another dude that everyone knows isn’t the future to compete with (that says he’s there to help Lock but is really there to take his job) is going to somehow help Lock reach his potential? It’s going to drive him? I’d give that about a 10% chance of actually reaching that result. I’ve got an idea, why don’t bring in a “seasoned vet” WR like Robinson to mentor Jeudy and Hamler? They both had problems with drops last year. What, you don’t think Jeudy or Hamler would be cool with riding the bench while Robinson gets the starting reps? Go figure. Probably won’t help their hands get better sitting there watching Robinson catch passes. Bringing in a “vet” to “mentor” is a mistake for this team. It might be safer for Fangio and co to get an extra year if we get to 8-8 or 9-7 but it’s not going to solve the long term problem.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-02-2021 at 05:24 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Mentally? No Lock isn’t that good. That’s the problem. He’s had a new system every goddamned year! Last year he didn’t even have a real TC and no preseason. The offseason is a dress rehearsal. No real bullets are fired. No hits are taken by the QB. This isn’t rocket science. I don’t know your career field, but do you honestly think someone with over a decade more experience than you couldn’t run circles around you in an interview/classroom setting doing routine things?
    He's in this third year. This isn't a Tua situation where he's a rookie going against a vet. Lock is a vet now too. We don't have time to wait for him to mentally figure it out. If he can't beat Alex freaking Smith who has one functional leg, he's ****ed. I get that the older vet can look better in practice and the classroom, but Lock is the guy we just invested a high pick in and he'll get every chance to start. If it's Lock plus random old scrub vet we bring in, the team is going to want Lock to win and give him every chance to do so. If he doesn't...bye.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Remember when Tebow was “basically a rookie” for his entire career?

What a difference “It” makes.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Who should our backup be if we strike out on all the big QBs this offseason?
    Jacob Eason.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    His original screen name was Shanefalco, and he got banned indefinitely because he literally ask the mods to do so when they were chastising him for violating the site's P/R code of conduct.
    Hi, BFF, how’s it going today? Good to see you.

You smell terrific.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'd be cool with Smith as a backup

He's in this third year. This isn't a Tua situation where he's a rookie going against a vet. Lock is a vet now too. We don't have time to wait for him to mentally figure it out. If he can't beat Alex freaking Smith who has one functional leg, he's ****ed. I get that the older vet can look better in practice and the classroom, but Lock is the guy we just invested a high pick in and he'll get every chance to start. If it's Lock plus random old scrub vet we bring in, the team is going to want Lock to win and give him every chance to do so. If he doesn't...bye.
    You people keep talking about he’s in his 3rd year but he’s literally only started 17 games.... barely over a season amount of game’s. Please stop acting like he’s a true 32 game starter going into his 3rd year. It’s very deceptive on your part to keep saying that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Remember when Tebow was “basically a rookie” for his entire career?

What a difference “It” makes.
    Yeah but even though we loved that Tebow magic in the 4th quarters of game’s we all knew Tebow wasn’t a quarterback. And you couldn’t win that wait over the course of year’s. But it was fun to watcheven though it was slop for 3 quarters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You people keep talking about he’s in his 3rd year but he’s literally only started 17 games.... barely over a season amount of game’s. Please stop acting like he’s a true 32 game starter going into his 3rd year. It’s very deceptive on your part to keep saying that nonsense.
    He's still been in an NFL building for 2 years. I'm not talking about in terms of playing experience. Just in terms of he's not some skiddish rookie who doesn't understand how the NFL works who will shy away from a vet pushing him. We have people saying us bringing in a vet would result in that vet winning the job like with Miami this year. Tua was a rookie. If we're saying Lock is going to fold to a vet like he's a rookie, that's giving him less credit than even I think he deserves.

It's just absolute insanity to me the complete resistance from this fanbase to bring in any QB with actual NFL experience just to have on the roster. Anyone who actually believes in Lock shouldn't be concerned that freaking Alex Smith will come in and take his job.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Well, considering his regression last season I think that it is important to consider that this IS his third season in the NFL.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

alright boys, let's put this smith / dalton / vet backup thing to bed. . . because i at least think we're mostly on the same page here. . . i've said quite a few times that i'm fine with bringing in that type of guy as a backup, but have zero interest in adding one to compete with lock for the starting job. . . so what's the difference in those two scenarios? the difference is the plan. . . if we can't get watson or wilson, i just want denver to have a plan-- a solid blueprint for building this team into a legit contender, and that requires a quality, long-term solution at the most important position. . . i'm on record with my preference for giving lock another year to develop, but have also said that i can live with a highly drafted rookie like fields , wilson, or lance, if that's truly what they think is best. . .

but what i can't handle is any more half-assed short-term fixes, and that's exactly what a QB competition is. . . what it really comes down to is reps. . . if you have a solid starter going into camp, that guy is going to get probably somewhere in the range of 90% of the first team reps. . . if you're going to have a truly open competition, then it may not be an even 50-50 split, but QB2 will need to take at least 35-40% of those first team reps-- to get him up to speed in the offense, and to give the coaches an apples to apples comparison on which to base their decision. . . granted, i don't even think we're likely to have a pre-season, but in the past we've seen situations where QB1 would play with the ones the first week, QB2 would play with the ones the second week, etc. . . for me, that would be the ultimate worst-case scenario. . . if you're going to give lock another chance, make it a legitimate opportunity-- don't hamstring him by wasting the reps that are absolutely critical to a young QB's development on some no-upside journeyman. . .

now, if you want to increase the depth and talent at the critical QB spot, i'm 100% in favor of that. . . for the people saying that veteran mentoring doesn't have value, please look at the impact demarcus ware had on von miller's career, and re-asses your position. . . mahomes had the best offensive coaching staff in the league, yet has spoken repeatedly and in glowing terms of the value of having alex smith in the QB room. . . sometimes, it's just easier to feel comfortable talking to a co-worker than it is talking to your boss. . . i'm absolutely in favor of giving a young QB that support-- it just has to be done the right way. . . lock's not a total moron-- i'm sure he is instinctively aware of the difference between having ultra scrubs behind him on the depth chart vs. an established NFL vet with dozens of starts under his belt. . .

the other area where you can get in trouble is when the front office and the coaching staff aren't on the same page. . . paton is in the first year of a six year contract-- he has a bare minimum of 3-4 years job security, so this definitely isn't a do or die year for him. . . fangio's working under very different circumstances-- he most certainly IS under a lot of pressure to win right now. . . the likelihood of him surviving a third losing season is pretty slim. . . if i'm george paton, and i'm considering bringing in a guy like smith or dalton, i'm sitting down with my coaching staff first, and making sure that we're all rowing in the same direction. . . doing everything we can to develop our QBOTF takes precedent over winning 1-2 more games this year at any cost. . . if i have any suspicion that vic is going to bench my young QB at halftime in week three because he threw two picks, then i'm simply going to remove the temptation by not giving him a vet to turn to. . .

with all that said, is anyone here seriously advocating for bringing in alex or andy, and having that actual competition where they're getting half the first team reps in camp and the pre-season?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Your last sentence is key. I don't think a single person is saying "Let's bring in Smith or Dalton and have an all out competition!" If we're bringing in a guy like that, it's pretty clearly to me as a backup.

I guess people's worry is that a guy like Smith would come in and impress the coaches in the offseason enough to tempt them, but my point is that if Lock hasn't progressed to the point where he's clearly the alpha on the team and unquestionably the starter, then we have way bigger problems than who the backup is.

It's put up or shut up this year for Lock and if someone like Smith causes him to unravel, then we have our answer on Lock.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    but what i can't handle is any more half-assed short-term fixes, and that's exactly what a QB competition is. . . what it really comes down to is reps. . .
    Reps... and the team 'vision'...cuts the clutter so that everyone knows the deal. Everyone knows the plan, who the guy is, how's it's going down.

When it's uncertain, then you get receivers unsure of which QB they need to spend their extra cycles gelling with. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Well, considering his regression last season I think that it is important to consider that this IS his third season in the NFL.
    Fair enough. But.... how many in the same system? And no training camp last season.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information