Page 75 of 298 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    A bit testy today?
    Nah, but if people are gonna come at me with stupid comments than i just treat it as such. Ive said from the beginning that Drew isnt going anywhere but there is a reason that Denver is looking at upgrading there compared to many other teams in the league. Its not just "kicking the tires" as HP says. You dont kick the tires unless you feel the guy there isnt convincing enough to get the job done. But Elway and company are certainly aware that if they cant upgrade that they roll with Drew.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    What I mean is, they won’t go out of their way to say, trade for Darnold, or Garopollo, or sign Trubisky or any of that mess. I don’t think they are looking to replace Lock as a priority, they, like everyone else is interested in the idea of getting Watson. I don’t, like you and others, see this as an indictment of Lock or that Paton is actively looking to replace him. That’s the point.
    I disagree.

If Lock has a solid campaign last year do you still think Denver is looking to boot him out the door? I certainly dont.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He's still wrong and here is why.

Denver certainly believes that Drew can get better, the problem is how long and when which is why they went and looked at Stafford and are looking at Watson. Duh (as he liked to put it)

The issue is you didnt see teams like Arizona, Cincy, the Chargers, etc looking to replace their young QB's. There is a reason for that and its because Drew still needs a lot of work and is still a huge question mark. Of course Denver is going to stick with him if they dont get Watson, they have no one else at this point. And if Drew goes into next year playing up and down Denver will be right back at it looking for another guy. DUH.
    Arizona, Cincy, and LAC just spent a high 1st round pick on their QBs. Of course they aren’t gonna move on after 1 season. It’s unlikely Miami moves on from Tua, either. It’s possible, but I highly doubt it.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What I mean is, they won’t go out of their way to say, trade for Darnold, or Garopollo, or sign Trubisky or any of that mess. I don’t think they are looking to replace Lock as a priority, they, like everyone else is interested in the idea of getting Watson. I don’t, like you and others, see this as an indictment of Lock or that Paton is actively looking to replace him. That’s the point.
    We were actively trying to get Stafford too. And it's been reported that we almost had a trade in place for a mystery QB last week before the other team pulled out. Assuming all this reporting is true, this tells me Paton is actively trying to replace Lock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

He's still wrong and here is why.

Denver certainly believes that Drew can get better, the problem is how long and when which is why they went and looked at Stafford and are looking at Watson. Duh (as he liked to put it)

The issue is you didnt see teams like Arizona, Cincy, the Chargers, etc looking to replace their young QB's. There is a reason for that and its because Drew still needs a lot of work and is still a huge question mark. Of course Denver is going to stick with him if they dont get Watson, they have no one else at this point. And if Drew goes into next year playing up and down Denver will be right back at it looking for another guy. DUH.
    The other thing that needs to be taken in to account is that Paton didn't draft Drew Lock and he's got his vision of what he wants this team to be. It's possible that Drew Lock doesn't fit what Paton wants to do, hence him kicking the tires on Stafford, Goff, and potentially Watson.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I will laugh when we trade for Cousins

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I disagree.

If Lock has a solid campaign last year do you still think Denver is looking to boot him out the door? I certainly dont.
    Lock isn’t top 5. Even if he was “solid” they’d still kick the tires on Watson. There are tons of teams right now looking at how to get Watson if he becomes available. Denver is one of the few teams not in cap hell right now with it going down who can actually afford to trade for Watson without completely dismantling their team. Like I said, it’s my opinion. If I’m wrong, we’ll know by the draft. If Denver doesn’t sign a FA to start over Lock or draft a guy (which I don’t think they will) then obviously it will prove my point.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    And then Lock beats him out in camp...

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lock isn’t top 5. Even if he was “solid” they’d still kick the tires on Watson. There are tons of teams right now looking at how to get Watson if he becomes available. Denver is one of the few teams not in cap hell right now with it going down who can actually afford to trade for Watson without completely dismantling their team. Like I said, it’s my opinion. If I’m wrong, we’ll know by the draft. If Denver doesn’t sign a FA to start over Lock or draft a guy (which I don’t think they will) then obviously it will prove my point.
    I actually don't think that would prove your point. Both things could be true that Paton wants to move on from Lock but can't find the right fit in either the draft or FA this offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The other thing that needs to be taken in to account is that Paton didn't draft Drew Lock and he's got his vision of what he wants this team to be. It's possible that Drew Lock doesn't fit what Paton wants to do, hence him kicking the tires on Stafford, Goff, and potentially Watson.
    Maybe but ive always hated that approach no matter who is the GM or HC. At least in terms of seeing what you can at least do with the guy in place. This was always my biggest issue with the McD and Cutler situation. In Paton's case im not sure why he would be so eager to shoo Drew out the door without seeing how he is going to do. Granted, Watson is a total game changer but if you are looking at guys like Stafford to than i think it means a little more something than just testing the waters for testing the waters sake.

If i was a Gm and believed that Drew was going to be THE GUY than i would spend more time trying to build around him, not replace him. But clearly (to me) there seems to be a bigger concern that they have with Drew even though they all know they will probably have to roll with Drew anyway. But the real question is to guys like Joe and HP will be is it still kicking the tires if Denver drafts a first round QB? Not saying its going to happen but what if it does? That wouldnt really tell me they are satisfied with the QB position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And then Lock beats him out in camp...
    U say silly things

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Doesnt he have a big contract though?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I actually don't think that would prove your point. Both things could be true that Paton wants to move on from Lock but can't find the right fit in either the draft or FA this offseason.
    If Paton can’t find a guy he likes in the roughly 18 starting QBs that might be available, then replacing Lock obviously is t a priority. If Lock is so bad and we’re so willing to be done with him then within the first week of FA, we’ll sign another shitty “bridge” QB like Dalton or Fitz or Tyrod Taylor or Brissett and then spend #9 overall (or trade up) for a QB this year.

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Yep

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If Paton can’t find a guy he likes in the roughly 18 starting QBs that might be available, then replacing Lock obviously is t a priority. If Lock is so bad and we’re so willing to be done with him then within the first week of FA, we’ll sign another shitty “bridge” QB like Dalton or Fitz or Tyrod Taylor or Brissett and then spend #9 overall (or trade up) for a QB this year.
    Dalton is more stable than Lock right now. Obviously long term we would hope for Lock to evolve and I know he needs to play to improve...but in a vacuum I'd take Dalton over Lock for 2021

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information