Page 72 of 298 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Sounds like a guy I don't want "competing" with Lock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think he was broken by the fact that Foles won a SB with his team. Really hasn't been the same guy since. And now just seems like Cutler 2.0. Yeah, I'm good.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So here’s the source of the Wentz distrust ... and look, I’m not keen on the QB competition that would come with a Lock-Wentz QB room, but ... these people suck. If Wentz pushed back, good on him.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/cars...-20210116.html

Pederson didn’t have to be the bad cop because he had DeFillipo and Reich. When he promoted Mike Groh to offensive coordinator after Reich left to become the Colts head coach, he had someone who would play the role, although with a softer touch.

Wentz would at times fight back and Groh, who had never previously been an NFL coordinator, eventually learned when to pick his battles. But they struggled to see eye to eye, with Wentz focused more on playing to his strengths, and Groh scheming plays to counter a defense, the divide a prominent reason why the latter was fired last offseason.

Taylor was an offensive quality control coach when Wentz was drafted. He was a holdover from the Chip Kelly regime and would become an assistant Pederson would mentor. Taylor worked primarily with the quarterbacks from 2016-17, and in game-planning specialized in gadget plays.
    He has been credited with digging up the design for “Philly Special” in Super Bowl 52. When DeFillipo left to become the Vikings offensive coordinator, Taylor was seen as a natural replacement. Reich said that he would have taken him to Indianapolis if possible.

But there was internal concern that Wentz’s friendship with Taylor could cause a conflict of interest and that his inexperience could allow for the quarterback to overpower him. His nurturing style of coaching was also antithetical to DeFilippo.

Pederson knew Taylor needed time, which is one reason why he didn’t promote him to offensive coordinator after Groh left. He made him pass game coordinator instead, on top of quarterbacks coach, and hired Rich Scangarello and Marty Mornhinweg as senior offensive assistants.

Scangarello would be more directly involved with scheme and Wentz, while Mornhinweg was brought in to consult Pederson and help train Taylor. But the coronavirus pandemic made it difficult for relationship-building and when advice was offered from various outlets, Taylor would often resist.
    Imagine getting coached and mentored by Frank Reich and then listening to Scangarello and Mornhinweg...lol. I woulda been a dick too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mornhinweg’s last two OC gigs were Joe Flacco’s worst two seasons of his career and Geno Smith. Just for some context.

He did get to coach under Andy Reid with Donovan McNabb, but at this point, I’m attributing any genius incorporated into Andy Reid teams to Andy Reid. We’re now in the third coach cycle where Bienemy won’t get a job, and there are other things involved there, but Mornhinwheg’s experience with Reid might be a warning sign for Bienemy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If the stuff about Wentz is true, and I have no reason to believe it’s not, and the stuff about Philly wanting McDaniels as HC is true, and I suspect it is, that’s gonna be a disaster. There’s only room for one overconfident a-hole in a franchise and McDouche will be that guy. There’s no way they coexist.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Eagles reportedly want to keep Wentz anyway...which means Hurts is open for trade?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Eagles reportedly want to keep Wentz anyway...which means Hurts is open for trade?
    Haaaaaaard pass on Hurts. He wasn't even seen as a first half of the draft prospect until a season in Oklahoma's offense inflated his stats for a year. He looked decent with Philly this year, but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a career backup.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Haaaaaaard pass on Hurts. He wasn't even seen as a first half of the draft prospect until a season in Oklahoma's offense inflated his stats for a year. He looked decent with Philly this year, but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a career backup.
    In terms of competing with Lock - which seems like what the FO will want - he seems like a good option then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

In terms of competing with Lock - which seems like what the FO will want - he seems like a good option then.
    I feel like he and Lock are basically the same guy. If we're going to go the "competition" route, I'd rather it be someone a little more established, if not someone we draft ourselves this year.

I doubt it. He’s cheap on his rookie contract. I think they give him some time. If anyone is gone it’s gonna be Wentz.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If the stuff about Wentz is true, and I have no reason to believe it’s not, and the stuff about Philly wanting McDaniels as HC is true, and I suspect it is, that’s gonna be a disaster. There’s only room for one overconfident a-hole in a franchise and McDouche will be that guy. There’s no way they coexist.
    He will financially F that franchise by cutting Wentz and any team taking on that contract without Wentz be willing to restructure way down to a more team friendly will also be f'ed financially. Wentz is staying in Philly. This isn't jay cutler who had a tradeable contract at the time. The tape on Wentz the last 2 years is also of a Broken QB. No team would be smart trading for him at that contract at the moment, MCD may have a big enough ego he thinks he can fix Wentz as well. Plus I think Philly's issues were coach related more then just Wentz related last couple years.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

IF we do go the vet FA route were going to be looking at Guys like McCarron, Fitzpatrick, Dalton all who would and could push Lock this summer, provide some mentorship and be a obvious upgrade over Jeff Driskell and Case Rypien. Hell I wouldn't even be upset about seeing if we can get Bortles back if he gets released. If not lock and a backup vet then you go Get Watson. The Stafford, Wentz trades just aren't realistic from a cap perspective especially with a GM who believes in building through the draft.

Fields and Lawrence are gone by 9. Huge chance NE and Carolina look at Wilson and Lance both of who will need 2 year development windows at a min. Questions surround Carr in Oakland, and Trubisky in Chicago. Lots of options to convince a team to move up for a QB while we continue to build the draft capital necessary to be a contender consistently again. If your telling me a top 20 pick still and a couple extra picks in rd. 2 and 3 isn't good for this team long term with a new GM who has shown a good eye for talent in those rounds. I'm in some disagreement there.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Questions surround Carr in Oakland, and Trubisky in Chicago. Lots of options to convince a team to move up for a QB while we continue to build the draft capital necessary to be a contender consistently again. If your telling me a top 20 pick still and a couple extra picks in rd. 2 and 3 isn't good for this team long term with a new GM who has shown a good eye for talent in those rounds. I'm in some disagreement there.
    Word on the street is that the Trubisky era is over in Chicago. Nobody expects him to be back. As for Carr, he’s not the problem in LV. If the Raiders decide to move on from him, they’re idiots. He’s not a top 5 QB, but he’s probably top 10 right now. Their defense is bad. I hope they’re dumb enough to move on from Carr and draft some project like Lance or Jones. They’d be right back in the divisional toilet.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Video unavailableThis video contains content from NFL, who has blocked it from display on this website or application.

Watch on YouTube

Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information