Page 41 of 298 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You also couldn't be more wrong that Broncos fans were more patient with Lynch. That's just objectively false. He only ever started 4 games here and pretty much everyone turned on him after 2. It was clear immediately that he was a dud.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No one said that he is trash. No one said he doesn't have ability. Some are just not convinced he is The Answer.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I just don't get why some of you are getting your panties so twisted over people looking at Lock with a critical eye. We're all rooting for him. We all want him to be the guy so that we don't have to worry about QB for the next 15 years. I don't think you'll find a single real Broncos fan who doesn't want that to be the case. There are varying degrees to how convinced people are that will actually happen, but I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel yet other than a few loud loonies on the social medias.
    My panties are fine, not sure what your trying to imply

Also I was a bit critical on his throws and turnovers in the NE game and the KC game, but I'm not ready to start talking about Case Rypien or the number 1 pick or TREVOR Lawrence or the 5 options if Drew isn't the guy based off his huge sample of 10 starts lol, those things have literally been stated on this board in various threads to include the gameday thread which whether its volatile or not still has evidence of these comments being made.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    No one said that he is trash. No one said he doesn't have ability. Some are just not convinced he is The Answer.
    No this is wrong

Some think that 10 starts isn't a good sample with all the variables and he may be the answer while some ignore those variables and small sample and think he isn't the answer.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You also couldn't be more wrong that Broncos fans were more patient with Lynch. That's just objectively false. He only ever started 4 games here and pretty much everyone turned on him after 2. It was clear immediately that he was a dud.
    No there were plenty of Denver fans wanting to see it out......maybe not on this board because people on this board turn on Qb's in a second lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No this is wrong

Some think that 10 starts isn't a good sample with all the variables and he may be the answer while some ignore those variables and small sample and think he isn't the answer.....
    So basically a difference of opinion so truthfully no one is wrong or right here. Well said.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So basically a difference of opinion so truthfully no one is wrong or right here. Well said.
    I concur with that assessment I don't think either side is really panties in a bunch personally.....I Alluded to a underlying rhetoric creeping in, not a freak out of the other side lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don’t know what he’s talking about, Lock isn’t trying to be cool, he’s a geek and a goob.

It’s ok to be different.
    Cowherd is a world class douchecanoe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Cowherd is a world class douchecanoe
    I can’t believe Lamar Jackson is trying to be cool, too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I just don't get why some of you are getting your panties so twisted over people looking at Lock with a critical eye. We're all rooting for him. We all want him to be the guy so that we don't have to worry about QB for the next 15 years. I don't think you'll find a single real Broncos fan who doesn't want that to be the case. There are varying degrees to how convinced people are that will actually happen, but I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel yet other than a few loud loonies on the social medias.
    Some former Broncos players in the media are convinced he's not the guy. Orlando Franklin this week "Drew Lock is not the guy." Based on analysis of bad footwork, failure to read obvious throws. Pat Shurmur dumbing down the offense to 10 plays and Lock still not looking comfortable reading defenses. A lot of stuff.

I don't know what to think really. It's certainly not time to panic or jettison Lock and the Broncos aren't going to do that. But, right now the Broncos are 14th in the draft with 8 teams having 2 or fewer wins, so they're not getting a top 5 pick.

So, they're not going to be in a position to draft one of the top 2 QBs even if they wanted to. After that point, any QB they might take is more of a crap shoot. Just like Lock.

We have to admit that few QBs taken in the 2nd round ever turn out to be long term franchise QBs, but it's not impossible.

Since it is obvious that Elway does not really want to keep breaking-in rookie QBs I expect them to stick with Lock and work with him for another season, unless he keeps getting worse rather than better, and just becomes shell shocked like Paxton did.

We have to admit that is at least possible. He does not look very confident out there right now. But, that is right now, not forever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Some former Broncos players in the media are convinced he's not the guy. Orlando Franklin this week "Drew Lock is not the guy." Based on analysis of bad footwork, failure to read obvious throws. Pat Shurmur dumbing down the offense to 10 plays and Lock still not looking comfortable reading defenses. A lot of stuff.

I don't know what to think really. It's certainly not time to panic or jettison Lock and the Broncos aren't going to do that. But, right now the Broncos are 14th in the draft with 8 teams having 2 or fewer wins, so they're not getting a top 5 pick.

So, they're not going to be in a position to draft one of the top 2 QBs even if they wanted to. After that point, any QB they might take is more of a crap shoot. Just like Lock.

We have to admit that few QBs taken in the 2nd round ever turn out to be long term franchise QBs, but it's not impossible.

Since it is obvious that Elway does not really want to keep breaking-in rookie QBs I expect them to stick with Lock and work with him for another season, unless he keeps getting worse rather than better, and just becomes shell shocked like Paxton did.

We have to admit that is at least possible. He does not look very confident out there right now. But, that is right now, not forever.
    There are options IF they think he's not the guy. Lions are probably grabbing a young QB and would trade Stafford (who I think is great). If they believe Darnold is salvageable, he can be an option as the NYJ are certain to grab Lawrence (who I think is Fools Gold). But I doubt it.

I'm not against Lock but A- He needs to play better B- The Staff hasn't put Him in the best positions. Shurmurs Playcalling hasn't been good.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And his entire cast is young as he//. Aside from Gordon, who has more than 2 years of experience?

Kid just needs time. That’s it, familiarity in the offense and with his weapons. I’m not at all worried about Drew lock the kid is a hard worker with elite talent and believes in himself, That’s really all you need IMO.

Also Shurmer needs to speed things up a bit, no huddle up tempo stuff that we see on these come backs need to be implemented for the start of games as well. We have way too much talent and speed at the skill positions to be playing so slow! Come on Pat get it together my guy.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Well, the good thing is that we will get to see another 1/2 season with Lock so there should be a much better idea what they've got by season's end and going into the off-season.

The injuries have thwarted any playoff push, but this team was far too inexperienced to make a run in the playoffs anyway. So, it was always about seeing what they have in Lock.

But, Pat Shurmur is going to have to find a system that fits Lock rather than trying to get Lock to fit into his genius system." If it doesn't work, the first person likely to be fired is Pat Shurmur.

Elway is not going to take the rap for drafting Lock and they are unlikely to want to start all over from scratch with another rookie QB. That would take another 2 years even if it were possible to find a Qb in the draft.

This is the worst possible year to try that with a bunch of teams tanking like crazy ahead of them in the draft. In addition to the Jets, the Jagwads have only 1 win, while the woeful Giants and Cowboys have 2. No NFC East team is likely to win a game -- except when they play each other. Then there's Washington, Chargers, Texans and Bengals in that order all with 2 wins.

I doubt the Broncos wind up with a top 10 pick this year despite having a losing record.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t think anyone is getting fired after this year and if they do, frankly, it’s retarded. We are one of if not the most injured team the league. The team doesn’t quit and plays with heart for 60 minutes. They make bad mistakes in coaching and execution sometimes but everyone is growing together. Lock is fine. He’s having to learn a big boy offense and not just getting to run the same gimmick bullshit he ran in college that is unsustainable at the NFL level like Jackson and Murray. Sure they look great now (well the shine is already starting to fall off Jackson if he has to actually pass), give it a season or two and they’ll look like Cam Newton.

Lock gets a new offense to learn it seems like every year. He doesn’t pout and blame others when he has a bad game. He seems like he wants to improve and the guys in the locker room seem to like him and will play hard for him. That’s important. This is an offense loaded with rookies and second year players that had no offseason. I don’t know how people keep overlooking these important facts. Every single ex-player who has an opinion as important as mine can pound sand. None of them played in the COVID era. Especially guys like Orlando Franklin who can suck the juice outta my butt. Dude was so “good” that he wasn’t even offered a second contract in Denver and is now outta the league. He was so awesome that he lost his job at RT due to suckage then moved to guard where he was actually worse! Why should anyone care what that dude thinks about anything? I’m sure his what, 5 or 6 years in the league made him some QB expert? He’s one to talk about footwork! LOL! Franklin...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information