Page 30 of 298 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but throwing shoulder AC separations aren't the type of injury that plays nice. ACL just needs to bear tremendous load. AC is part of an incredibly complex process of levers that must deliver 1) a ~410 gram object 2) at ~55mph, 3) with great accuracy 4) and split second timing.

Lock hasn't looked the same since the injury.
    My memory is a bit fuzzy is this the same injury that Brian Griese had way back when? I think the same thing kind of happened to him in terms of play after his injury if i recall.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Btw--AC separation sufferers unite!
    Done it twice... left shoulder in high school football, right shoulder in motorcycle wreck. Both shoulders suck now. Both were relatively minor and didn’t require surgery but they are weaker than they could be and somewhat arthritic now.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    My memory is a bit fuzzy is this the same injury that Brian Griese had way back when? I think the same thing kind of happened to him in terms of play after his injury if i recall.
    Griese was selected to the pro bowl in 2000, the year of his AC separation (19/4 TD/INT in 10 games, 102 QB rating). It would be four years until he posted a similar QB rating (97 in 2004).

It's natural to wonder at the relationship between these events. Has Griese ever talked about it?

There is a range of severity with AC separations, and it sounds like Lock's wasn't that severe. He did not have surgery. That's encouraging. My understanding is that a complete tear of a ligament or tendon in a QB's throwing-shoulder is something that needs surgery in order to stabilize the joint. Siemian had surgery. Griese had surgery. Pennington had surgery.

The surgery is basically taking some other connective tissue in the same cut and using it as a bungee cord to hold the joint together. It's not a 'fix', if that makes sense--not in the same way ACL surgery is a kind of replacement of what's been torn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	norm.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	17995

Name:	norm2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	17996

I know I'm going off a bit on this...there have been a bazillion AC strains for NFL QBs through the decades. He'll probably be fine if he rubs some dirt on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will affect his mechanics in the short term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Perspective....

Drew has missed 2 1/2 games this year. In the titans game he didn't play that bad. In fact his stats would have looked even better without all the drops in Game 1. In game 2 he was going against a tough Pitt team who owned our OL straight up, and he got knocked out with a AC injury which not good for QB's. It happened to be his throwing shoulder to. Driskel looked very Blah against Tampa. Rypien came in the following week and got lucky after turning the ball over a lot against the Jets (the worst team in football)...Then lock comes back off his injury and he is throwing some dimes, and has 3 Td's dropped. I thought he had some rust from the AC injury showing on some throws but its not a easy injury to deal with. Then he has his first true bad game against the top team in the NFL in the snow on the year......

Relax people....Qb's can have bad games even elite ones.....People need to get a grip.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Griese was selected to the pro bowl in 2000, the year of his AC separation (19/4 TD/INT in 10 games, 102 QB rating). It would be four years until he posted a similar QB rating (97 in 2004).

It's natural to wonder at the relationship between these events. Has Griese ever talked about it?

There is a range of severity with AC separations, and it sounds like Lock's wasn't that severe. He did not have surgery. That's encouraging. My understanding is that a complete tear of a ligament or tendon in a QB's throwing-shoulder is something that needs surgery in order to stabilize the joint. Siemian had surgery. Griese had surgery. Pennington had surgery.

The surgery is basically taking some other connective tissue in the same cut and using it as a bungee cord to hold the joint together. It's not a 'fix', if that makes sense--not in the same way ACL surgery is a kind of replacement of what's been torn.

Name:	norm.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	17995

Name:	norm2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	17996

I know I'm going off a bit on this...there have been a bazillion AC strains for NFL QBs through the decades. He'll probably be fine if he rubs some dirt on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will affect his mechanics in the short term.

I personally think it has affected his accuracy on some throws these last 2 games, but he seems to be fighting through it. He really just needs to be smart and go through his reads on first and second if we are throwing, make 3rd manageable and it will help from having to throw the big play all game, putting more stress on his AC joint.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lol when Lock reaches the success Mahomes has he can get more of a pass for a bad game.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Lol when Lock reaches the success Mahomes has he can get more of a pass for a bad game.
    Yeah how dare we give time and consideration to a guy with 9 starts......how dare he have a bad game this early in his career......the nerve of him.....The point is all Qb's have bad games and patches....most fanbases don't go all fickle and want to cut the cord after 9 games though....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Yeah how dare we give time and consideration to a guy with 9 starts......how dare he have a bad game this early in his career......the nerve of him.....
    Are you just being intentionally thick right now? I fully agree that Lock needs more time before we fully judge him. Pretty much everyone is saying the same thing. I'm also not going to put him in the same sentence as Mahomes quite yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Are you just being intentionally thick right now? I fully agree that Lock needs more time before we fully judge him. Pretty much everyone is saying the same thing. I'm also not going to put him in the same sentence as Mahomes quite yet.
    No I'm being objective and have the perception enough to realize some fans are being dumb as rocks (Not you) with the freak out over lock's performance cause they cant be objective about why it might have happened in the first place lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No I'm being objective and have the perception enough to realize some fans are being dumb as rocks with the freak out over lock's performance cause they cant be objective about why it might have happened in the first place lol
    I think this "fan freakout over Lock's performance" is an invented narrative that isn't happening, at least on this board. I think there is definitely concern over his play, but I also think we pretty much all agree that it's not time to bail yet.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think this "fan freakout over Lock's performance" is an invented narrative that isn't happening, at least on this board. I think there is definitely concern over his play, but I also think we pretty much all agree that it's not time to bail yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This all could've been avoided if we drafted Mahommes!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

no its a underlying tone here at this board, and mass panic in the Denver fan base as a whole.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

no its a underlying tone here at this board, and mass panic in the Denver fan base as a whole.....

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What's wrong with being concerned with how he's played while also willing to give him more time to figure it out? That seems like a fairly reasonable position, no? You're acting like it's completely unreasonable to be uneasy with how he's played this year.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information