Page 26 of 298 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    John Elway had 10 starts in his first season. He had a 47.5% completion percentage, 14 int's, 28 sacks and had a 54.9 quarterback rating. Payton Manning started all 16 games his rookie year completing 56.7% of his passes with 28 int's, 22 sacks and a 71.2 quarterback rating. Drew Lock has 8 complete games under his belt, has dealt with two offensive coordinators in that time, and had a screwed up off season with no pre season games this year. Development takes time and lots of repetition, maybe a little patience is in order.
    And people wanted john canned too.

Drew isnt Elway or Manning. To say "im not sure Drew is the guy or not" is okay.

To say, start someone else is okay. They are opinions and they are okay too.

2. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Lock needs to play better I agree, but...

His targets need to catch the ball with better effort. Several balls were catchable, especially one to Fant that he should have caught

Shurmur needs to call a better game. They have no identity. They're effective at running the ball and the OLine appears somehow steadier.

Kudos to Bolles...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    People use Elway and Manning as examples every time a young QB struggles. That's two examples over almost 40 years. Those are outliers. 99.9% of QBs who struggle early ain't turning into Elway and Manning. Can we please retire bringing up these two examples every time a young QB sucks?
    It doesn't matter what quarterback you compare him to. Josh Allen completed 52.8% of the passes he attempted in his first 11 starts as a rookie with more int's then touchdowns. Year three he is passing at a 67.6% completion rate with 16 touchdowns and 4 int's and looks like the future for Buffalo. Carson Wentz looked like the future in Philly early on in his career as did Darnold with the Jets, how do they look now? There is no way to accurately assess a QB after his first eight games in the league, especially after the adversity Lock has gone through in his first season +. He may be the future, and he may crash and burn, at this point in time nobody has a clue what he is going to be, and the only way to find out is to give him time to develop

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    It doesn't matter what quarterback you compare him to. Josh Allen completed 52.8% of the passes he attempted in his first 11 starts as a rookie with more int's then touchdowns. Year three he is passing at a 67.6% completion rate with 16 touchdowns and 4 int's and looks like the future for Buffalo. Carson Wentz looked like the future in Philly early on in his career as did Darnold with the Jets, how do they look now? There is no way to accurately assess a QB after his first eight games in the league, especially after the adversity Lock has gone through in his first season +. He may be the future, and he may crash and burn, at this point in time nobody has a clue what he is going to be, and the only way to find out is to give him time to develop
    I agree, I just wish people would stop bringing up Elway and Manning every time a young QB struggles. Those were two #1 overall picks and two of the 3 or 4 highest rated draft prospects ever. If Trevor Lawrence, who is that level of a prospect, sucks next year, he will be a good comp for Elway and Manning's career trajectory. Lock was a second round pick. I still have a lot of hope for him and think he could be really good, but objectively he's far more likely to just be another guy than he is to be Elway or Manning.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I agree, I just wish people would stop bringing up Elway and Manning every time a young QB struggles. Those were two #1 overall picks and two of the 3 or 4 highest rated draft prospects ever. If Trevor Lawrence, who is that level of a prospect, sucks next year, he will be a good comp for Elway and Manning's career trajectory. Lock was a second round pick. I still have a lot of hope for him and think he could be really good, but objectively he's far more likely to just be another guy than he is to be Elway or Manning.
    That is actually the reason I use the Elway and Manning comparison, aside from familiarity for Bronco fans. Elway and Manning were #1 overall picks and two of the best to ever play the game, and they still struggled early on. Most QB's will with very few exceptions. Lock, being a 2nd round QB, may or may not pan out, but it is way too early to make that assessment now.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Its not controversial to mention it, thats my point. I dont know why you all get so triggered whenever people criticize a player.
    It wasn’t your criticism that “triggered” me, it was you (and tons of other Broncos fans) already running for the exits after 9 games (3 bad games).

This is petulant, this is how Broncos fans are with QB’s ... I’m anticipating the “put in Rypien“ post from you any given Sunday.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It wasn’t your criticism that “triggered” me, it was you (and tons of other Broncos fans) already running for the exits after 9 games (3 bad games).

This is petulant, this is how Broncos fans are with QB’s ... I’m anticipating the “put in Rypien“ post from you any given Sunday.
    Let the record state that not one single person on the board has called for Rypien to replace Lock. This is such a dumb narrative. Even the people here down on Lock are wanting him to play out this year at least to see if he can improve.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Let the record state that not one single person on the board has called for Rypien to replace Lock. This is such a dumb narrative. Even the people here down on Lock are wanting him to play out this year at least to see if he can improve.
    Same question to you, if you don’t see it happening it must not be happening?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Same question to you, if you don’t see it happening it must not be happening?
    Like I said, I don't care what the mouth breathers on Twitter and Facebook are saying. All 32 teams have total morons all over those platforms. There are probably people on Twitter calling for green bay to replace Rodgers with that rookie. Who cares?

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Like I said, I don't care what the mouth breathers on Twitter and Facebook are saying. All 32 teams have total morons all over those platforms. There are probably people on Twitter calling for green bay to replace Rodgers with that rookie. Who cares?
    You’re the one taking issue with me mentioning it, if you don’t care what they think this discussion shouldn’t bother you.

I, am merely pointing out that I’ve been 100% right so far, and it’s only taking 9 games for that to prove out, it’s going to happen here too.

We’re also calling for coaching staff changes, every year, we complain that the Broncos “don’t have an identity” ... we’re 6 games into a new offensive system in a pandemic year with zero off-season/pre-season. Fangio is a defensive rockstar who made a common mistake with a TO. It’s us fans that lack vision, tunnel vision focused on meaningless wins with absolutely no tolerance for how to build something long term.

My phone is blowing up every week from friends; “fire Elway” ... “blow it up” ... “sell the team” ... “Lock sucks, see what we got with Rypien”. These aren’t mouth-breathers, I assure you.

It’s also fascinating to me that NFL organizations are the same way, as hard as it’s been for Denver to find a QB post-PFM they can’t afford to expect Justin Herbert/Myhomie instant success, hopefully they’re more patient with Lock (and/or his replacement) than Washington was with Haskins.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

pre-emptive butthurt. . . it's a solid defensive posture!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You’re the one taking issue with me mentioning it, if you don’t care what they think this discussion shouldn’t bother you.

I, am merely pointing out that I’ve been 100% right so far, and it’s only taking 9 games for that to prove out, it’s going to happen here too.

We’re also calling for coaching staff changes, every year, we complain that the Broncos “don’t have an identity” ... we’re 6 games into a new offensive system in a pandemic year with zero off-season/pre-season. Fangio is a defensive rockstar who made a common mistake with a TO. It’s us fans that lack vision, tunnel vision focused on meaningless wins with absolutely no tolerance for how to build something long term.

My phone is blowing up every week from friends; “fire Elway” ... “blow it up” ... “sell the team” ... “Lock sucks, see what we got with Rypien”. These aren’t mouth-breathers, I assure you.

It’s also fascinating to me that NFL organizations are the same way, as hard as it’s been for Denver to find a QB post-PFM they can’t afford to expect Justin Herbert/Myhomie instant success, hopefully they’re more patient with Lock (and/or his replacement) than Washington was with Haskins.
    Does it make you feel better about yourself to come on this board and dunk on Facebook and Twitter commenters?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Does it make you feel better about yourself to come on this board and dunk on Facebook and Twitter commenters?
    What kind of question is that? Just put me on ignore, because I do rather enjoy dunking on Broncos fans ... we’re ridiculous.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What kind of question is that? Just put me on ignore, because I do rather enjoy dunking on Broncos fans ... we’re ridiculous.
    Every sports team in existence has dumb fans. We aren't special.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think the issue here is that you're acting like you're the smart one and everyone else is dumb, when in reality you're talking about a small vocal minority of the fanbase. Most of us agree with you that Lock needs time. Relax.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information