Page 267 of 298 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well Brock was a 2nd round pick has sat for like 2-3 years. Maybe Drew just needs more clipboard time.
    Then it just wasn’t meant to be for Brock.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This just strikes me as one of those things where the entire NFL probably isn't wrong. I think fans vastly underrate just how much the average NFL coach knows about football. Many of these guys have been playing and coaching this game for decades and have played with/coached/scouted thousands of players over those decades. It probably doesn't take these guys 3-4 years to figure out if a player has what it takes or not.

Coaches see these guys for hours and hours every single day. I think they have a pretty good idea if the flaws any given player has are coachable/fixable or not. I just don't buy that the entire NFL is and always has been wrong not to give these non first round QBs insanely long leashes.
    No I think the entire NFL is wrong which is why about ten teams get it with good Qb's.....You either go get your guy in the draft and hit and develop him or you get another teams top FA off a weird reason he is a FA in the first place. We drafted Drew in rd 2. most scouts and team sources said he needed 2-3 years of consistency and development but could turn into a pretty good pro. We would all take a pretty good pro at this point. Various reasons for why he hasn't some his own fault maybe as well. He certainly made strides this off-season, Covid was a massive wildcard as was system changes. Also these current coaches in Denver said drew was big time improved so are we saying they are lying?
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was thinking that I wouldn't mind if we made the move to Lock in what is increasingly looking like another lost season - if he plays great then hallelujah, and if not then all the Lock truthers would finally have to come to terms with him not being the guy and we could all find peace.

But then I realized that the Lock crowd will just move the goal posts again -- it'll be about how this coaching staff never gave him a fair shot, and ruined his confidence, and the o-line is bad, etc. etc. His multiple years of production won't accurately represent his potential, they will say, he deserves a shot with a new staff... This will just keep going as long as he's around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well Brock didn't exactly pan out either lol.
    Oh i know, just saying. It wasnt like we havent had 2nd round picks or later who had time to sit and learn whether they became something or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No I think the entire NFL is wrong which is why about ten teams get it with good Qb's.....You either go get your guy in the draft and hit and develop him or you get another teams top FA off a weird reason he is a FA in the first place. We drafted Drew in rd 2. most scouts and team sources said he needed 2-3 years of consistency and development but could turn into a pretty good pro. We would all take a pretty good pro at this point. Various reasons for why he hasn't some his own fault maybe as well. He certainly made strides this off-season, Covid was a massive wildcard as was system changes. Also these current coaches in Denver said drew was big time improved so are we saying they are lying?
    I think coaches are usually lying when they talk to the media, yes. What are they gonna say? No, this kid sucks and has regressed. That kills his confidence and his trade value. Their actual actions of starting TB speak louder than their words about Lock.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

To be honest i think its a rarity for a late round pick QB to become something and by that i mean guys like Cousins, Brady, Wilson, etc. Its rare enough to find a QB with a first round grade to become a franchise QB, its even rarer for it to happen with a later round QB pick.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was thinking that I wouldn't mind if we made the move to Lock in what is increasingly looking like another lost season - if he plays great then hallelujah, and if not then all the Lock truthers would finally have to come to terms with him not being the guy and we could all find peace.

But then I realized that the Lock crowd will just move the goal posts again -- it'll be about how this coaching staff never gave him a fair shot, and ruined his confidence, and the o-line is bad, etc. etc. His multiple years of production won't accurately represent his potential, they will say, he deserves a shot with a new staff... This will just keep going as long as he's around.
    Ah yes the world of assumptions ......Also the staff is bad, the OL does suck still, and the confidence thing is a dumb narrative for sure. I think it was close all summer and Fangio went with who he though the better leader and safe play would be....turns out he could be wrong it happens.....we wont know unless drew plays, don't think it even matters at this point though. With or without him i think the season is toast with this staff at the helm.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thing is the guys i mention all showed they can be leaders and great QB's once given the chance. Wilson as a late round pick literally outplayed the QB they had just signed from GB in the offseason. The competition wasnt even close.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

To be honest i think its a rarity for a late round pick QB to become something and by that i mean guys like Cousins, Brady, Wilson, etc. Its rare enough to find a QB with a first round grade to become a franchise QB, its even rarer for it to happen with a later round QB pick.
    Which then makes it even more confounding we drafted a TE first then QB. Makes it even more confounding we drafted a pass rusher instead of a Qb, and we drafted a CB instead of a QB. If its uch a rare thing were just making it 100 times harder on ourselves......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Thing is the guys i mention all showed they can be leaders and great QB's once given the chance. Wilson as a late round pick literally outplayed the QB they had just signed from GB in the offseason. The competition wasnt even close.
    Lol it was Flynn that was like a Matt Cassel, Matt Schaub signing, that was inevitable Wilson beat him out dude was a scrub like Teddy, and Flacco and Orton living of a good stretch of lucky play.......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yep, this is the key when people point to guys like Wilson and Dak that later picked QBs can be good. They were both great from their first game. It didn't take them 3 years to figure it out.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Based on his college tape, Wilson should’ve easily been a 1st round pick. He fell because of his height, the NFL had a strange obsession with tall QBs, a perception Wilson helped change for guys like Baker and Kyler

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think coaches are usually lying when they talk to the media, yes. What are they gonna say? No, this kid sucks and has regressed. That kills his confidence and his trade value. Their actual actions of starting TB speak louder than their words about Lock.
    No I disagree Fangio has no problem calling a player out in the media even Von and Mack weren't spared. I get what your saying but that's not Fangio, Shurmur...okay maybe he touted Jones as good despite Jones not looking very good under him, surprising to now that when he leaves NY though jones starts playing better.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

You’re just madly obsessed with Bridgewater

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Which then makes it even more confounding we drafted a TE first then QB. Makes it even more confounding we drafted a pass rusher instead of a Qb, and we drafted a CB instead of a QB. If its uch a rare thing were just making it 100 times harder on ourselves......
    Well if we are talking about Denver's draft choices being bad than we are in agreement. I have pretty much hated a lot of Denver's choices in the first round aside from Von. I like Surtain but would have gone with Parsons personally.

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information