Page 148 of 298 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Has training camp started?
    No, but up until today I had a tiny shred of hope that we'd pull a Rodgers out of a hat. So I'm just letting it be known - I'm out on Lock. I hope he proves me wrong. But if I'm Fangio/Shurmur Teddy is the de facto starter unless Lock overwhelms. Don't give me the upside argument - it doesn't exist.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Toughness is only helpful if you have enough awareness to be useful.

If he was a 4th round pick we wouldn't have to go through this whole charade again, but I guess it's good we didn't take him in the 1st?
    I'm not going to make the argument that he technically has an intangible if it's in name only, so you convinced me.

But to be fair to him, he wasn't a fourth round pick. He was a second round pick for a reason. First round talent with roughness. I thought the kid could overcome obstacles given his talent level and reputation for working hard in college, but apparently that doesn't exist/translate for him in the NFL.

But there is hope via Teddy BridgeQB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

No, but up until today I had a tiny shred of hope that we'd pull a Rodgers out of a hat. So I'm just letting it be known - I'm out on Lock. I hope he proves me wrong. But if I'm Fangio/Shurmur Teddy is the de facto starter unless Lock overwhelms. Don't give me the upside argument - it doesn't exist.
    This is mildly shocking to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This is mildly shocking to me.
    Not sure if sarcastic, but...

Every shred of quantifiable evidence I've seen points to him being not just bad, but really awful. Every non-measurable intangible I've seen from him points to him not getting it. I try to do the orange colored glasses spin about him not getting enough practice reps last year, but I really don't believe that's true -- and worse yet, I think Pat Shurmur is probably in his last year as an offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I don't recall ever being so high on one side of the ball while being so low on the other -- maybe during the end of the Shanny years, those Slowick defenses were bad with no hope of being better... That's how I feel about this 2021 offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Drew Lock has a 0% chance to be a successful NFL QB. If we cut him tomorrow I wouldn't give a shit. Guy is broken, has zero intangibles, and a locker room who doesn't believe in him.

I've spent the entire offseason hoping that we would figure something else out - but now that we're here, let's just acknowledge what a massive waste of time this is. Hopefully Teddy takes all the snaps this year.
    teddy is turrible. . . we're in for another year of unwatchable football if he does take all the snaps. . . of course, the saving grace is that fangio is getting fired if that happens, so there's that. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not sure if sarcastic, but...

Every shred of quantifiable evidence I've seen points to him being not just bad, but really awful. Every non-measurable intangible I've seen from him points to him not getting it. I try to do the orange colored glasses spin about him not getting enough practice reps last year, but I really don't believe that's true -- and worse yet, I think Pat Shurmur is probably in his last year as an offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I don't recall ever being so high on one side of the ball while being so low on the other -- maybe during the end of the Shanny years, those Slowick defenses were bad with no hope of being better... That's how I feel about this 2021 offense.
    No sarcasm. I'm nowhere near where you are in my assessment. Just wondering why I'm so wrong!
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    teddy is turrible. . . we're in for another year of unwatchable football if he does take all the snaps. . . of course, the saving grace is that fangio is getting fired if that happens, so there's that. . .
    Yeah I think that's my concern - the football is likely to be unwatchable and we've got a ceiling of 9-10 wins with this QB duo. We've been able to live the offseason in fantasy land but now the chickens are coming home to roost!

No sarcasm. I'm nowhere near where you are in my assessment. Just wondering why I'm so wrong!
    Yeah that's why I wanted to unleash the scorching hot version of my take because I think I've been fairly reserved -- so my main thesis is - what on earth would give us any hope that Lock can even be average? His bottom of the barrel efficiency stats? His unchecked INTs? The teammates who all went to bat for him in the offseason? The boring and slow system that Shurmur runs?

As a homer I'm optimistic every year -- and I can still see a path to success this year, but it's very faint and it involves a lot of luck.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I have a wait and see attitude with Lock. This is his year to sink or swim. It’s his second year (EVER) with the same OC in the same system. He’s gotten some off-season love and direction from PFM. It’s technically his 3rd year, but he’s only got a little over 1 season’s worth of starts under his belt.

I’m hopeful he can play at the level he left off at last season out of the gate. He showed serious flashes. Anyone who said he didn’t or can’t didn’t watch the Carolina game, the Charger comeback game, or the Faid game to end the season where he did everything needed to win that game only to be let down by the defense and coaching decisions at the end. He was exemplary in those games. Yes, he’s had his share of stinkers but if there’s a dude who has had the perfect storm of shit to deal with his first year as the starter, it’s Lock.

Now, if we did trade for Watson or Rodgers which is looking very unlikely now, then all bets are off, but I’m all in on Lock until he proves himself incapable. If Bridgewater is given the reigns to start the season, I’ll jump on his bandwagon but if we’re struggling to score points because Teddy throws 3 yards on 3rd and seven all the time, I just won’t be able to condone the coaching and FO’s poor decision to start him. Teddy is the least exciting starting QB in the league and that’s saying something. EVERYONE knows who Teddy is, and nobody wants him to start for them. We’re his 4th team in 6 years and his numbers aren’t any better than Lock.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah I think that's my concern - the football is likely to be unwatchable and we've got a ceiling of 9-10 wins with this QB duo. We've been able to live the offseason in fantasy land but now the chickens are coming home to roost!

Yeah that's why I wanted to unleash the scorching hot version of my take because I think I've been fairly reserved -- so my main thesis is - what on earth would give us any hope that Lock can even be average? His bottom of the barrel efficiency stats? His unchecked INTs? The teammates who all went to bat for him in the offseason? The boring and slow system that Shurmur runs?

As a homer I'm optimistic every year -- and I can still see a path to success this year, but it's very faint and it involves a lot of luck.
    Results-wise, there's nothing or very little that gives hope. I like your position, it feels refreshing and honest.

I'm still on team 'everything was so jacked up, let's toss results and call it a year of adversity from which the real measurement begins'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I have a wait and see attitude with Lock. This is his year to sink or swim. It’s his second year (EVER) with the same OC in the same system. He’s gotten some off-season love and direction from PFM. It’s technically his 3rd year, but he’s only got a little over 1 season’s worth of starts under his belt.

I’m hopeful he can play at the level he left off at last season out of the gate. He showed serious flashes. Anyone who said he didn’t or can’t didn’t watch the Carolina game, the Charger comeback game, or the Faid game to end the season where he did everything needed to win that game only to be let down by the defense and coaching decisions at the end. He was exemplary in those games. Yes, he’s had his share of stinkers but if there’s a dude who has had the perfect storm of shit to deal with his first year as the starter, it’s Lock.

Now, if we did trade for Watson or Rodgers which is looking very unlikely now, then all bets are off, but I’m all in on Lock until he proves himself incapable. If Bridgewater is given the reigns to start the season, I’ll jump on his bandwagon but if we’re struggling to score points because Teddy throws 3 yards on 3rd and seven all the time, I just won’t be able to condone the coaching and FO’s poor decision to start him. Teddy is the least exciting starting QB in the league and that’s saying something. EVERYONE knows who Teddy is, and nobody wants him to start for them. We’re his 4th team in 6 years and his numbers aren’t any better than Lock.
    My only counterpoint is that everyone focuses on Teddy's lower ceiling / higher floor -- with Lock's lower floor / higher ceiling... But I don't actually think Lock has a high ceiling because I think he's a less skilled Jay Cutler with half the confidence. He's always going to wow you and then kill you.

And I think this defense could actually win some games with a game manger at QB. The only problem is, again, that pretty much lines you up for 9-10 wins and a first round playoff exit - which feels like the ceiling for this team in 2021. Tough to get excited about - but it'd be an improvement over the last 5 years.

I just think if we're being honest with ourselves, it's a huge stretch to think Lock is going to make the leap we need him to this year. But I hope he does!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i think Lock would be getting better, just not w Shurmur. Hiring shurmur was like the biggest waste of time to me. Just wasting season after season w him. So im 50/50 on if Lock will get better this year, i think he needs a real OC.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

My only counterpoint is that everyone focuses on Teddy's lower ceiling / higher floor -- with Lock's lower floor / higher ceiling... But I don't actually think Lock has a high ceiling because I think he's a less skilled Jay Cutler with half the confidence. He's always going to wow you and then kill you.

And I think this defense could actually win some games with a game manger at QB. The only problem is, again, that pretty much lines you up for 9-10 wins and a first round playoff exit - which feels like the ceiling for this team in 2021. Tough to get excited about - but it'd be an improvement over the last 5 years.

I just think if we're being honest with ourselves, it's a huge stretch to think Lock is going to make the leap we need him to this year. But I hope he does!
    I’d rather keep swinging and missing with talent until we find “the guy” then to be a milquetoast, boring, snoozer of a team. We do a great defense an injustice by strapping it with a QB who is a game manager. Yeah, you can win some games with a great D and minimizing turnovers, but you’ll never beat playoff caliber teams or truly be able to compete without an offense that can reliably score at least 24 points a week. I like the way our defense looks right now, but I don’t think they’re the ‘15 Super Bowl squad good.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I’d rather keep swinging and missing with talent until we find “the guy” then to be a milquetoast, boring, snoozer of a team. We do a great defense an injustice by strapping it with a QB who is a game manager. Yeah, you can win some games with a great D and minimizing turnovers, but you’ll never beat playoff caliber teams or truly be able to compete without an offense that can reliably score at least 24 points a week. I like the way our defense looks right now, but I don’t think they’re the ‘15 Super Bowl squad good.
    I get that philosophy and I totally agree, which is why I would have liked to see us take a stab at a rookie QB this year... In defense of Lock, he does try to push the ball downfield and I appreciate that in a QB as opposed to Capt Checkdown Bridgewater -- I just don't really believe Lock is even close to being an effective QB, whereas Bridgewater will game manage you into some wins. Time will tell!

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the real problem with teddy is that he doesn't minimize turnovers. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the real problem with teddy is that he doesn't minimize turnovers. . .
    Bingo. If he was a 3:1 TD/Int guy, I'd be down, even if his average season is all of 3 TDs.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information