Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mike Klis

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    First let me clarify that I'm not offended, but curious about this statement. I view this first and foremost as an opening to educate people about Autism, assuming that this individual is truly Autistic.

1) Has he publicly stated this as a fact, or is this based on attributes that many associate with Autism/Asperger's?

2) How do you believe that it affects his ability to be a sports commentator.

If it is true that he’s an Autistic/Aspie, the reason that we might be more likely do engage in such behavior may be the result of us being more likely to have been the recipient of emotional and phycological abuse. I’m not making excuses, only pointing out that some of those who have been treated like garbage their whole life will jump at the opportunity to dish out what they’ve been taking whenever the opportunity arises. In fact, I know a number of Autistics/Aspies that not only viewed House (the title character of a fictional “genius” doctor with a substance abuse problem about 10 years ago) as 1 of us, he was their hero for dishing out to “neurotypicals” what we’ve been taking by treating everyone around him like garbage. However, I take exception to the idea that this is sufficient basis for an Autism diagnosis.

I’m willing to admit that if I spend hours upon hours doing as objective of research on an important subject that’s humanly possible, until I’m able to present a case that is as thrall as anything a lawyer might present in a court of law, I often get annoyed by whimsical thinkers who can’t present any actual basis for their viewpoints. Such individuals have no idea of how much respect I have for those who can present as solid of a case for their opposing viewpoints as I always try to present for my own. It irritates me even more when these whimsical thinkers then turn around and accuse me of being close minded, especially since I got my diagnosis which many have since used as their "get out of jail free card." Many of my fellow Autistics/Aspies object to this hypocrisy as much as I do.

Nevertheless, I only do this on subjects that I consider to be of the upmost importance, such as religion, politics, Autism, etc. In fact, the reason I dropped out of the political forum here was because I discredited myself by not being able to present myself and my positions in a manner that met my expectations for myself in a correspondence exchange format. Not just in terms of it being too cumbersome of a means of communication for me to respond to every challenge made to what I wrote, but more importantly, my conduct which was the product of my frustration of not being able to handle myself as effectively as I can when engaged in verbal dialog.

Although sports isn’t a subject that I view so important that I’d get all bent out of shape over, I in fact get annoyed by those who do, I could understand why someone whose job it is to be a sports commentator might out of the need to justify their paycheck.
    Yeah he stated it himself. And I actually said that he was a lot more literal and very direct because of that. So again I just take it having worked with numerous kids that were on the spectrum as being awesome what typical area. I never took it as him being condescending or a jerk or anything else. His replies are just very literal.

2. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Klis is a weird dude who has an inflated opinion of himself because of the relationship he's forged with Elway. But I generally trust his scoops.

I like Jhabvala's reporting style best of the local Broncos beat reporters.
    OMG, you are banging her, aren't you???
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think I have autism.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    This is the reason Klis gets the Broncos' news

KUSA Channel 9 pays millions of dollars to declare itself “the home of the Broncos,” with extra access to game footage, exclusive pre- and post-game interviews, and use of the Broncos logo to promote itself.
    Yes, and because of that "official relationship" they toe the company line. They can't point out the failures of management, because KUSA pays those millions for "access" and to promote their business.

Sometimes that "inside access" pays off and they get to announce a "scoop" about 15 minutes ahead of everybody else.

But it means you never get objective analysis from them. I hardly ever pay any attention to them because someone else will comment on whatever "news" they announce soon enough, and their commentary will at least be better than "I'm not commenting on that. We're on to Cincinnati" in full Belichick style after every screw up -- which is pretty much what you get from Mike Klis.

7. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think I have autism.
    If your serious about this, I could set up a special GoToMeeting conference just for the 2 of us to talk.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    This is the reason Klis gets the Broncos' news

KUSA Channel 9 pays millions of dollars to declare itself “the home of the Broncos,” with extra access to game footage, exclusive pre- and post-game interviews, and use of the Broncos logo to promote itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Yes, and because of that "official relationship" they toe the company line. They can't point out the failures of management, because KUSA pays those millions for "access" and to promote their business.

Sometimes that "inside access" pays off and they get to announce a "scoop" about 15 minutes ahead of everybody else.

But it means you never get objective analysis from them. I hardly ever pay any attention to them because someone else will comment on whatever "news" they announce soon enough, and their commentary will at least be better than "I'm not commenting on that. We're on to Cincinnati" in full Belichick style after every screw up -- which is pretty much what you get from Mike Klis.
    Pay me $100,000 & I'll say nothing but nice things about you for now on
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information