Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos resign Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is an awful take my friend. Dude played his ass off for almost a decade here. Who cares if he got mad at the media a couple of times? He left it all on the field for the Broncos. Injuries happen. Doesn't mean the effort wasn't there.
    He played like everyone else. He whined. A lot. He whined at media members for doing their job. He conveniently had his first impactful season for awhile in...a contract year.

Our locker room got better as a result of this.

I ain't mourning him for shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    No, he did not. He took a contract from us that was bigger than what he would have received at that time. Maybe later he outplayed that contract, but certainly now WHEN he signed it.
    No, he signed well below market on his last contract. https://www.google.com/amp/s/predomi...rek-wolfe/amp/

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...sion-75017247/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...cos-brass/amp/

You should really make sure things aren't well documented before calling someone else out on facts.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

He played like everyone else. He whined. A lot. He whined at media members for doing their job. He conveniently had his first impactful season for awhile in...a contract year.

Or he had a career year his first year in vic's defense.

You don't have to mourn shit, just don't spew bs.

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Or he had a career year his first year in vic's defense.

You don't have to mourn shit, just don't spew bs.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They have seemed happy enough to sign or trade for Denver's proven veteran defenders. There's a long list of other teams signing away Broncos FA defenders:

Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, Shaqil Barrett, and now Derek Wolfe.

It's true the Broncos wanted to move on from some of those guys, (Wolfe wasn't even offered a deal by the team). But, it does look like whenever a veteran defender leaves the Broncos there's definitely a market for him elsewhere.
    I would guess it had to do with the locker room issues that arose during Kubiak's last year, and that VJ couldn't handle. Elway has been getting rid of any "loud" personality from the championship team gradually. Only 4 players remain(Miller, Todd Davis, Heuerman, and McManus). If not for Fangio only being head coach because his kicker in Chicago screwed him, I'd imagine McManus probably would be next on the list to be purged from the roster. However, given Fangio's bad luck in Chicago, McManus is safe.

8. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I would guess it had to do with the locker room issues that arose during Kubiak's last year, and that VJ couldn't handle. Elway has been getting rid of any "loud" personality from the championship team gradually. Only 4 players remain(Miller, Todd Davis, Heuerman, and McManus). If not for Fangio only being head coach because his kicker in Chicago screwed him, I'd imagine McManus probably would be next on the list to be purged from the roster. However, given Fangio's bad luck in Chicago, McManus is safe.
    We know a dude that’s in that locker room every week, the leaders on defense were brutal when they were winning games, it was “a meat grinder” regardless of the record or score.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Y’all act like shitting on the media is so bad.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is an awful take my friend. Dude played his ass off for almost a decade here. Who cares if he got mad at the media a couple of times? He left it all on the field for the Broncos. Injuries happen. Doesn't mean the effort wasn't there.
    CHJ and Wolfe were both great Broncos and I wish them well...

But I do think both of them poisoning the well in the locker room the last couple years is a factor in Elway not being interested in bringing either one of them back on below-market deals.

I actually think Wolfe has been a bit of a drama queen the past couple years -- and he and CHJ were quick to point fingers in the locker room. You never saw Von throwing teammates under the bus in the media.

Anyway, I'm not interested in trashing either guy on their way out - but I think their attitudes were probably a factor.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Y’all act like shitting on the media is so bad.

It's not bad.....media is dumb these days...its been a contributing factor to the downfall of society and human decency in conjuction with social media.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

But I do think both of them poisoning the well in the locker room the last couple years is a factor in Elway not being interested in bringing either one of them back on below-market deals.

I actually think Wolfe has been a bit of a drama queen the past couple years -- and he and CHJ were quick to point fingers in the locker room. You never saw Von throwing teammates under the bus in the media.

Anyway, I'm not interested in trashing either guy on their way out - but I think their attitudes were probably a factor.

Both were good broncos one was great untill post superbowl 50, the other was a workhorse that dealt with crazy injuries but fought hard for the team and had his best year in a few last year. Both had attitudes, ran there mouths more then prob should have or elway was okay with, and they were part of the LR issues post SB 50.....Both thought they were gonna get paid, so elway let them test the market. The rest of the NFL saw similar stuff to what Elway saw....thats a fact in the contracts they got.....Harris turned down 12 mil per year to go to a team for 8.5 mil. He complained about where he is used at here and wanting to be back in the slot after saying he wanted to play outside, now he is going back outside where he struggled the last 2 years, which is why his market wasnt as great as he thought it was....Wolfe's market was low cause he is past age 30, has large injury history and had his best year in a contract year under fangio so teams are curius if it was just the system....his contract also shows this to be the case....

Both will prob end up in the broncos ring of fame and thats great they deserve it, but I personally wont miss either that much at this point in their careers.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

No, he signed well below market on his last contract. https://www.google.com/amp/s/predomi...rek-wolfe/amp/

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...sion-75017247/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...cos-brass/amp/

You should really make sure things aren't well documented before calling someone else out on facts.
    The article is bullshit. He was not going to get big money. I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt that someone doesn't like your favorite, and I'm sorry you wanted to get shitty first, which prompted my lack of civility with you. He got a bunch of money for us playing a position that isn't typically well paid. Gee, I wonder why he took that discount? Probably because it wasn't actually much of a discount.

But go ahead and buy into the bullshit if you want for your inconsistent hero, who was only great when surrounded by greatness, and who can barely stay on the field.

I'll be glad a shitty locker room guy and utter idiot isn't on my team anymore. Elway did the right thing. Maybe Wolfe can pad some of his numbers again now that he's surrounded by great players on Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Careful, Wolfe is a ******* hero Saint Jesus figure here.

He friggen loves Denver, loyal as hell. Love him.
    So did DT, and he got the boot, too. I guess being emotional like DT was and saying some shit is worse than being a locker room douche and overrated player for Wolfe.

The article is bullshit. He was not going to get big money. I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt that someone doesn't like your favorite, and I'm sorry you wanted to get shitty first, which prompted my lack of civility with you. He got a bunch of money for us playing a position that isn't typically well paid. Gee, I wonder why he took that discount? Probably because it wasn't actually much of a discount.

But go ahead and buy into the bullshit if you want for your inconsistent hero, who was only great when surrounded by greatness, and who can barely stay on the field.

I'll be glad a shitty locker room guy and utter idiot isn't on my team anymore. Elway did the right thing. Maybe Wolfe can pad some of his numbers again now that he's surrounded by great players on Baltimore.
    Yes, multiple articles are bullshit. Everything you just spewed there was shit, but go off. It's good for us to get that money off the books and we went younger, just don't go for disparaging his name like he was some shit player. He wasn't.

Yes, multiple articles are bullshit. Everything you just spewed there was shit, but go off. It's good for us to get that money off the books and we went younger, just don't go for disparaging his name like he was some shit player. He wasn't.
    Someone disagree with you so it's spewing. Lol, you're just so kind to people who disagree with you. He was a locker room douche, overrated, and saying a guy took a haircut on a deal he didn't even live up to is hilarious. At best you can say at the time he took a discount. We ended up overpaying him.

Don't disparage = Don't point out he was a locker room douche; don't point out he's always hurt; don't point his inconsistent play.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information