Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFL draft to go on in April; Roger Goodell memo warns against public comment

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They’re going to punish people for talking about the draft publicly?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    The medical is the biggest concern. You drafting Tua if your team can't evaluate his hip?
    Stephen A. reacts to Tua Tagovailoa’s short workout video | Mel Kiper Mock Draft 3.0 | First Take
    workout video on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIU07GxvfeQ

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Not really. Stating clearly that it needs to not be talked about and enforcing it isn't iron fisted at all.

rules, just follow em
    Absolutely. It was tongue in cheek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They’re going to punish people for talking about the draft publicly?
    I think the intent was that Goodell didn’t want anyone out there (owners and their employees) shit-talking the NFL’s decision that the draft was to go on as scheduled regardless of the pandemic. No GMs, coaches, scouts, etc should be bitching to the media about not having a chance for one on one workouts, or that doing it now is wrong, or it should be delayed and so on. Goodell knows that holding the draft without all the workouts and face to face interviews is unpopular with the teams’ FOs but the NFLPA wants it so he’s basically telling the teams to shut up and not complain about it. That’s what I got out of it.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

"He wrote in the memo, "public discussion of issues relating to the Draft serves no useful purpose and is grounds for disciplinary action."

Much like their stance on crappy officiating.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Gotcha. Guess they'll have to evaluate by watching tape of them actually playing the game of football. As far as interviews, Skype that shit.
    If anything, they're overanalyzed now. Somehow, with all their in-depth scouting, the combine, public workouts, etc., a guy like Paxton Lynch still makes the first round. Just sayin'.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

9. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    "He wrote in the memo, "public discussion of issues relating to the Draft serves no useful purpose and is grounds for disciplinary action."

Much like their stance on crappy officiating.
    It's brand management and smart advice for players who make money from the brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Someone like tua has enough upside that someone will still probably roll the dice early. But if you look at a mid round talent with injury concerns, guys like that could really slip into the later rounds or undrafted.
    But it still could cost him. Love and Herbert have the physical talent that could entice a team to look harder at Tua and his injury history. Bo Jacksoncs hip looms large.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If anything, they're overanalyzed now. Somehow, with all their in-depth scouting, the combine, public workouts, etc., a guy like Paxton Lynch still makes the first round. Just sayin'.
    your not wrong Im glad they are doing this.....I was already a big fan of the coaches staying back to watch actual gametape instead of worrying about other dumb shit.....Now teams will actually have to study how a guy plays and you can still interview over the phone if needed. Its not hard...companies do it all the time......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think the intent was that Goodell didn’t want anyone out there (owners and their employees) shit-talking the NFL’s decision that the draft was to go on as scheduled regardless of the pandemic. No GMs, coaches, scouts, etc should be bitching to the media about not having a chance for one on one workouts, or that doing it now is wrong, or it should be delayed and so on. Goodell knows that holding the draft without all the workouts and face to face interviews is unpopular with the teams’ FOs but the NFLPA wants it so he’s basically telling the teams to shut up and not complain about it. That’s what I got out of it.
    That's the context of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    But it still could cost him. Love and Herbert have the physical talent that could entice a team to look harder at Tua and his injury history. Bo Jacksoncs hip looms large.
    I still think Tua will be the second QB off the board. I just don't think Love or Herbert are close enough to him as prospects for the injury to make the difference.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So ... yes?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information