Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Newton to be released by the Carolina Panthers

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cam Newton to be released by the Carolina Panthers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — After nine seasons and four playoff appearances that included three NFC South division championships, Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers are expected to officially part ways, according to multiple reports.

Newton's future with the team all but ended with the signing of free agent QB Teddy Bridgewater in free agency. The team announced they had given Newton and his representation permission to seek a trade. Now, Newton will be a free agent for the first time in his career.

ESPN's Adam Schefter broke the news Tuesday morning. Newton responded to the team's Instagram announcing he was given permission to seek a trade, replying that the move was forced upon him. He was set to enter the final year of his contract in 2020, and multiple surgeries led to speculation over him returning to the team this season.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-a92fbbebe3d4

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Patriots? Redskins? Chargers?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Has one non-injury play so dismantled a career as Cam's refusal to dive in after a loose ball?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Has one non-injury play so dismantled a career as Cam's refusal to dive in after a loose ball?
    I think actual injuries derailed it more than that play. I wouldn't say that play has anything to do with where he is now. He's played well when healthy at times since that game.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As a dual threat who can be a power runner in the red zone - Cam was a scary dude... Like a bigger Tebow with some actual ability to throw the ball.

But when injuries took away his threat as a runner, he's basically a below average QB. Then you layer on immaturity and attitude, and I wouldn't go anywhere near him as an NFL GM.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I think he's talented enough to warrant a second chance.

11. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Von and the Broncos ruined Cam Newton's career. Fact.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

As a dual threat who can be a power runner in the red zone - Cam was a scary dude... Like a bigger Tebow with some actual ability to throw the ball.

But when injuries took away his threat as a runner, he's basically a below average QB. Then you layer on immaturity and attitude, and I wouldn't go anywhere near him as an NFL GM.
    we should offer him a vet minimum salary to play wildcat QB three snaps a game. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think actual injuries derailed it more than that play. I wouldn't say that play has anything to do with where he is now. He's played well when healthy at times since that game.
    You're probably right but the perception is not necessarily the reality. He was an MVP that season and got obliterated by Von and that all time great defense and hasn't really been the same since. That shot of him deciding not to dive for a loose ball will probably be the lasting image of his career.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we should offer him a vet minimum salary to play wildcat QB three snaps a game. . .
    I agree, it's time to bring Tebow back to where it all began.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You're probably right but the perception is not necessarily the reality. He was an MVP that season and got obliterated by Von and that all time great defense and hasn't really been the same since. That shot of him deciding not to dive for a loose ball will probably be the lasting image of his career.
    Agree that will be his ultimate legacy. I do think he rebounded well from that when healthy but yeah, that play will be the first thing many people remember about his career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Cam was Tebows backup in college.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Cam was Tebows backup in college.
    Until he stole a laptop.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Von and the Broncos ruined Cam Newton's career. Fact.
    He's been very average since SB50 and his post game interview where he pouted. Denver ruined his ass and i love every bit of it.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    7h
    The #Panthers tried to send Cam Newton to the #Bears and #Chargers. They found no takers and at this point, no starting jobs available. Release was the only option. Carolina has just $2M in dead money with this release, but Cam is now free.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information