Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A little something to tide the baseball fans over

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default A little something to tide the baseball fans over

My favorite baseball YouTuber Jomboy media has started a series in which him and a friend watch old WS games and comment on them. It's really cool, entertaining and a pretty solid way of learning some baseball history.

Here's the latest one.

Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I rewatched Cal Ripken game number 2131 earlier today. Watching game 5 of the 1995 ALDS (NY vs. SEA) on MLB Network right now.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd rather watch paint dry.

(JK, Chazoe and Coach)

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MLBN playing a game from the Yankees-Mariners Division Series in 1995.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    MLBN playing a game from the Yankees-Mariners Division Series in 1995.
    The famous Griffey slide!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd rather watch paint dry.

(JK, Chazoe and Coach)
    Im not kidding.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Watching old sports replays is cool. Listening to those clowns commenting is not.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This gives me an idea to use in a book for the four people left who still read them.

The idea is this: post-apocalypse listening to a 50 year old AM radio broadcast of a baseball game, but enthralled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MLBN playing their feature on the “Bucky bleeping Dent” 1978 game.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Watching old sports replays is cool. Listening to those clowns commenting is not.
    I think this is part of the reason people think baseball is boring. For some reason people dislike baseball commentators having fun. I watch a ton of baseball and my favorite booths are the ones who tell stories and do more talking than the average booth. Vin's stories were what made him great, he could weave a yarn and call every ball and strike as he did it and never miss a beat. I listen to a lot of these booths who "baseball guys" claim are good (Yankees, red Sox, Cubs) and I find them so painfully boring. I listen to the Rockies broadcasts and they are disrespected constantly by the fishwrap rag baseball writers and I think they're entertaining.

A Yankee broadcast can literally kill you with boredom.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just purchased Out of the Park Baseball for the first time in a few years.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just purchased Out of the Park Baseball for the first time in a few years.
    What is that?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What is that?
    Basically a GM sim. You can do in-game manager too, but I like the GM part the best. It has full organizations all the way down to Dominican League, and has MLB licensing so its real. I last bought it three years ago, and it looks like they've added some international leagues too. It's pretty complex if you are into being a GM of your own team. I'd say its way more detailed than minor league systems I've seen on consoles, but you don't get the gameplay.

If I want a console game, I'm going to have to pony up for a Playstation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Basically a GM sim. You can do in-game manager too, but I like the GM part the best. It has full organizations all the way down to Dominican League, and has MLB licensing so its real. I last bought it three years ago, and it looks like they've added some international leagues too. It's pretty complex if you are into being a GM of your own team. I'd say its way more detailed than minor league systems I've seen on consoles, but you don't get the gameplay.

If I want a console game, I'm going to have to pony up for a Playstation.
    MLB the Show is amazing. My son and I get it every year, haven't gotten it yet this year though.

Is out of the park for PC?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    MLB the Show is amazing. My son and I get it every year, haven't gotten it yet this year though.

Is out of the park for PC?
    Yes, and Apple, I think too. I have an XBox, so no Show, and I've been tempted to pull the trigger many times. I miss having a console baseball game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information