Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos trade for DT Jurrell Casey

With a trade he won't impact the comp picks next year. Another win!
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Boom

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i like that JFE is acquiring manageable contracts, rather than handing out huge guarantees in the first wave of free agency. . . seems like he may have learned something from getting burned so badly last year. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i like that JFE is acquiring manageable contracts, rather than handing out huge guarantees in the first wave of free agency. . . seems like he may have learned something from getting burned so badly last year. . .
    This seems to be an inefficiency in the market -- guys who have gotten paid big $$ deals, whose team's trajectories change a couple years later -- Bouye and Casey were prized commodities when they signed a couple years ago, it's hard to believe their play has dropped off that significantly -- more likely, they'd earn *slightly* less if they hit the open market, but with a late round pick you can ensure that you don't risk getting out-negotiated.

Same goes with the Eagles getting Campbell.

Of course the downside risk if that you're acquiring a Joe Flacco type who is on the downside of their career and are left holding the bag on their starter's salary.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

He doesn't miss games. He was pretty dominant in the playoffs last season. This is a win.

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Buckle up boys. We're going to the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

He had five sacks in a down year.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I absolutely love this trade and the one for Bouye. As others have said, it will not impact our compensatory formula. DE was a huge need with Wolfe and Shelby Harris both likely gone barring a slow market, so being able to upgrade one of those spots is huge.

I'd like to see the Broncos make another run at resigning Chris Harris, but there is no way his pride would let him resign for anything less than the $11 million salary Bouye will be making. I highly doubt this happens though, which is a shame.

Barnwell from ESPN, one of the writers I favor the most, liked this for us.

"This is an easy victory for the Broncos, whose three starters along the defensive line are all free agents. Casey isn't in the top tier of interior pass-rushers, but he's a tough two-way player who should help create pass-rushing opportunities off of stunts and twists for Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Denver coach Vic Fangio will likely use Casey in the Akiem Hicks role, and given what lesser players are getting paid in free agency, bringing in Casey on what amounts to a three-year, $37.9 million deal with no guaranteed money is a good use of a late seventh-round pick."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...g-signing-move

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Now sign Amari Cooper and make us SB favorites.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This could be a massive signing. Him and Purcell are gonna make a great tandem inside.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This could be a massive signing. Him and Purcell are gonna make a great tandem inside.
    This explains why we didn't chase harder for Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Now sign Amari Cooper and make us SB favorites.
    cooper re uppded with them boys for a 5 year 100 million dollar contract.

Glad we passed.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

22. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    cooper re uppded with them boys for a 5 year 100 million dollar contract.

Glad we passed.
    Now trade for DeAndre Hopkins or A.J. Green.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Harris to SD

25. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information