Thread: 3/11 CBS 7-round mock for 2020

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default 3/11 CBS 7-round mock for 2020

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nd-1-for-a-qb/

From #13, sitting at #15, the Broncos were down to three guys who would all be good choices. Alabama WRs Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy and Alabama OT Jedrick Wills. Jeudy gets left for us, setting up the rest of the draft:

1. (15) Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama.

MY CHOICE: Jeudy - an upgrade to team with Sutton and Fant.

2. (46) Jordan Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech.

Arrrrggghh! We don't need one this early when so many other needs are more pressing and better talent available. MY CHOICE: A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson although Jalen Raegor, WR, TCU, is there if you want to carpet-bomb the WR position.

3a. (77) Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State.

Smaller and slower than Terrell, I'd look at another position. MY CHOICE: Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State. Big-body DT to team with fellow Buckeye Dre'Mont Jones. I know you guys want o-linemen. They're coming.

3b. (83) Ben Bartch, OT, St. John.

Saint John? Isn't that a basketball school? MY CHOICE: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU - The next choice down and had to face Power 5 competition.

3c. (95) Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State.

Already took a better d-lineman at 77. MY CHOICE: Tyler Biadascz, C, Wisconsin - "Badass" makes a great anchor for the line. Damien Lewis of LSU is also there if you'd rather have a guard.

4a. (118) Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St.

Wasted pick. Brandon Allen is a good backup for Lock and Brett Rypien is behind him. Elway says he wants a veteran behind Lock and I hope that doesn't mean Flacco. I think this is the pick we are giving up for Bouye anyway. Just like CBS to not pay attention.

4b. (137) Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M.

MY CHOICE: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas. I know, I know, but this guy had over 100 catches last year and lines up everywhere. He can be the next Emanuel Sanders.

5. (178) Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA.

MY CHOICE: James Smith-Williams, EDGE, NC State. Some depth behind Miller and Chubb.

6. (181) Azur Kamara, LB, Kansas.

MY CHOICE: Javelin Guidry, CB, Utah. Gotta pay attention to a corner with 4.29 combine speed even if he is 5-9. Line him up against Tyreek the Freak.

7a. (237) Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF.

7b. (251) Keith Ismael, C, San Diego St.

7c. (253) Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia

Hey, whaddaya expect for the 7th round? I might give a second look to Jon Runyan, OL, Michigan or Nick Coe, DL, Auburn.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I hate that draft. 3 OL but 2 of them in the 7 the round and no OT til our 2nd 3rd round pick. That's a shit draft.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While i like Jeudy i just have no interest in taking him in the first especially when the draft is exceedingly deep at WR. I dont want to criticize this draft too much because its all just done in fun of whom we all like and where but im with Chazoe in that we should not be waiting until the 7th round to address OL. We need a player we can insert day 1 into the lineup on the line.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

OTs taken in the first round below us:

Josh Jones, Houston
    Ezra Cleveland, Boise St.
    Austin Jackson, USC

You could, in theory, take one of these at #15, take Raegor in the 2nd instead of Brooks and get a CB in the third. Also, in the first, we could have taken Kristian Fulton or C.J. Henderson at corner and then looked for an OT in the second, such as Robert Hunt or Isaiah Wilson.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not as big a draft guru as some of you guys and I don't pay very close attention to college football but I do know this, we have a good young franchise QB, a stud WR, a stud RB and a promising young TE yet our OL is pure garbage. We have one of the worst starting LTs in the NFL and aside from Risner we don't really have a stud at any spot on the OL. We desperately need to shore that group up.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, while im all on board with giving Lock some weapons on offense if we cant protect him it wont matter who we have blazing down the field. Have to find a way to protect him and make the running game more consistent for balance. Elway, Manning, etc are all their best when they are well protected and have a strong running game.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, while im all on board with giving Lock some weapons on offense if we cant protect him it wont matter who we have blazing down the field. Have to find a way to protect him and make the running game more consistent for balance. Elway, Manning, etc are all their best when they are well protected and have a strong running game.
    I'm getting more comfortable with drafting a WR in round one because that seems to be the concensus but I'd rather go OT and if not an OT in round one we have to get one in round 2. Or, we spend a lot on OL in FA.

I also like the idea of adding a big bruiser type of RB to compliment my boy Phillip. The talk of us adding Derrick Henry that has been going around a little bit lately has been exciting. Imagine that backfield pairing. WOW! Not that I actually believe it will happen but it's fun to dream.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm getting more comfortable with drafting a WR in round one because that seems to be the concensus but I'd rather go OT and if not an OT in round one we have to get one in round 2. Or, we spend a lot on OL in FA.

I also like the idea of adding a big bruiser type of RB to compliment my boy Phillip. The talk of us adding Derrick Henry that has been going around a little bit lately has been exciting. Imagine that backfield pairing. WOW! Not that I actually believe it will happen but it's fun to dream.
    Henry would be sweet but i cant imagine Tenn letting him walk.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

We still owe Juwan Jones a bunch of money to play RT. Last year was a waste for him. I'm hoping he bounces back this year. Risner is a keeper. The rest of the line is still a question mark. Even good centers and guards can fall to the third day so there's no reason to jump on them early. LT is a different story. Bolles may be salvageable if you move him elsewhere in the line but then you have a big hole at LT. The best LTs will be gone by #15. Should we trade up to get somebody like Thomas or Wills? What would you sacrifice to move up? Keep in mind, too, that LTs often take a year or two to get up to speed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Get oline. I will admit there are some WR names I'd be excited about, but I still prefer a blocker. Even Wirfs, who some project as guard only. I'd jump all over him at 15. There are a couple of names I'd move up 2-3 spots for, but only if they would be the last of the first tier of OL.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Get oline. I will admit there are some WR names I'd be excited about, but I still prefer a blocker. Even Wirfs, who some project as guard only. I'd jump all over him at 15. There are a couple of names I'd move up 2-3 spots for, but only if they would be the last of the first tier of OL.
    I don't see how someone as athletic as Wirfs is a guard. He is a project but I said before reminds me of Clady athletically. This draft is loaded with athletic tackles. Imma be honest I wouldn't be mad if they drafted Jones or Jackson or Cleveland. And with all the offensive talentand guys like young that are going to go I still have a feeling the one of the top four offensive tackles will be there at 15.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm not as big a draft guru as some of you guys and I don't pay very close attention to college football but I do know this, we have a good young franchise QB, a stud WR, a stud RB and a promising young TE yet our OL is pure garbage. We have one of the worst starting LTs in the NFL and aside from Risner we don't really have a stud at any spot on the OL. We desperately need to shore that group up.
    Exactly, fix it once and for all, with FA’s and premium draft picks. If they built a beast OL the offense is the core of the next iteration of JFE’s Super Bowl team.

Denver could go full-retard on defense next season when it’s loaded with CB’s.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information