Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Movies you want to see get made

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Movies you want to see get made

Okay, post your movie wishlist here. I'll start.

I want to see a good film adaptation of Blood Meridian

Coen Brothers to adapt the screenplay and direct.
    Deakins as cinematographer

Cast
    Miles Teller as the Kid
    Vince Vaughn as Judge Holden (Brawl in Cell Block 99 convinced me he's the man for this role)
    Tom Hardy as Glanton
    Ben Foster as Toadvine

This would be an epic movie
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I want to see the epic journey of the Czech Legion made into a film. They were volunteers in the Russian Army in WW1 who got stranded in Russia by the Communist Revolution. They fought the Commies all the way from European Russia across the Trans-Siberian Railway to Vladivostock, took ship for America, crossed America to France, and re-entered WW1 against the Germans after circumnavigating the Globe
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'd like a movie that captures the journey from pre-atomic speculation of splitting the atom to the Trinity test.

Maybe directed by Villenueve, idk. When you think about it, it's weird af. I can't even imagine something comparable in this era. Probably too late for Kubrick.

I don't know who would play Oppenheimer. I think Damon should do Feynmann.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A dark comedy about a serial killer who travels from small town to small town targeting hookers in the Eastern Bloc while driving a 1990s Volvo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Abe does miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Abe does miami
    90 minutes of a dude sitting in a hotel room ordering delivery?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    90 minutes of a dude sitting in a hotel room ordering delivery?
    With diarrhea, a headache, and a sense of profound profoundness. The little arrogant shitbird!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

With diarrhea, a headache, and a sense of profound profoundness. The little arrogant shitbird!
    The intro is him grabbing luggage from the luggage conveyer while hopeful music plays. The camera pans around as he looks toward the car pick up and follows him Scorsese style as he calls a cab and takes a five minute ride to an airport hotel. Then, 85 minutes of a dude and a hotel room.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The intro is him grabbing luggage from the luggage conveyer while hopeful music plays. The camera pans around as he looks toward the car pick up and follows him Scorsese style as he calls a cab and takes a five minute ride to an airport hotel. Then, 85 minutes of a dude and a hotel room.
    At the end he gets a call, freaks out and screams "why won't you people just leave me the hell alone?"

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

At the end he gets a call, freaks out and screams "why won't you people just leave me the hell alone?"
    Or, plot twist: This square is really trafficking massive amounts of drugs from Guatemala or Honduras. Wherever he is. But the only hint we get is several scenes with “delivery guys” and the final scene of the movie is a close up of his hands putting on a gold Rolex and walking out of the hotel room.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A decent Aliens vs Predator movie.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I was looking into a couple of intellectual properties that would be a good translate and I found they are already in production:

Warhammer 40k Eisenhorn based on Abnett's fiction
    Wool trilogy by Hugh Howey

Tell you what. One of the books that really hit me was Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. I don't remember much about it except that it made me feel smells and taste colors. It was ultra vivid, like typeset LSD or something. I'm sure Bradbury was on something when he wrote that. Ok, maybe not. Buff said I was on something at one point, but I'm just imaginative I think.

I don't know how to turn stuff like that into a movie. The movies I like the most, it's just the way they make me feel--(unless it's Terminator 2) it has to transport me somewhere I never get to visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

For original movies, pretty much anything from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/

As far as a movie I'd like to see, I would LOVE if someone could do a proper At The Mountains of Madness movie.

Plot Summary: The story is recalled in a first-person perspective by the geologist William Dyer, a professor at Arkham's Miskatonic University, in the hope to prevent an important and much publicized scientific expedition to Antarctica. Throughout the course of his explanation, Dyer relates how he led a group of scholars from Miskatonic University on a previous expedition to Antarctica, during which they discovered ancient ruins and a dangerous secret, beyond a range of mountains higher than the Himalayas.

A small advance group, led by Professor Lake, discovers the remains of fourteen prehistoric life-forms, previously unknown to science, and also unidentifiable as either plants or animals. Six of the specimens have been badly damaged, while another eight have been preserved in pristine condition. The specimens' stratum places them far too early on the geologic time scale for the features of the specimens to have evolved. Some fossils of Cambrian age show signs of the use of tools to carve a specimen for food.

That book covers lots of tropes that I love in a good story:

• Mysterious setting on Earth in a "hidden in plain site" location in one of our last unexplored frontiers (Antartica)
    • Exploring ancient ruins that unlock keys to an unknown history
    • A rare adventure/horror setting
    • Creepy as hell as the story is revealed to you rather than told

For me this would be an epic 3+ hour movie for it to work, and I would love actors with gravitas to play the roles and the locations to be as real as possible with minimal CG effects. Make the "Elders" appear more like the shark in Jaws where you don't necessarily see them but know when they have a presence. It would be creepy enough to see the blind giant penguins or whatever that they used for cattle and food.

EDIT: I think movies like Prometheus tried to tap into some of these subjects but couldn't stick the landing. I did like the idea Ridley put forth about how we went to go meet "God" and god basically ripped our heads off and was trying to kill us the whole time lol.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-12-2020 at 08:58 AM.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    For original movies, pretty much anything from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/

As far as a movie I'd like to see, I would LOVE if someone could do a proper At The Mountains of Madness movie.

Plot Summary: The story is recalled in a first-person perspective by the geologist William Dyer, a professor at Arkham's Miskatonic University, in the hope to prevent an important and much publicized scientific expedition to Antarctica. Throughout the course of his explanation, Dyer relates how he led a group of scholars from Miskatonic University on a previous expedition to Antarctica, during which they discovered ancient ruins and a dangerous secret, beyond a range of mountains higher than the Himalayas.

A small advance group, led by Professor Lake, discovers the remains of fourteen prehistoric life-forms, previously unknown to science, and also unidentifiable as either plants or animals. Six of the specimens have been badly damaged, while another eight have been preserved in pristine condition. The specimens' stratum places them far too early on the geologic time scale for the features of the specimens to have evolved. Some fossils of Cambrian age show signs of the use of tools to carve a specimen for food.

That book covers lots of tropes that I love in a good story:

• Mysterious setting on Earth in a "hidden in plain site" location in one of our last unexplored frontiers (Antartica)
    • Exploring ancient ruins that unlock keys to an unknown history
    • A rare adventure/horror setting
    • Creepy as hell as the story is revealed to you rather than told

For me this would be an epic 3+ hour movie for it to work, and I would love actors with gravitas to play the roles and the locations to be as real as possible with minimal CG effects. Make the "Elders" appear more like the shark in Jaws where you don't necessarily see them but know when they have a presence. It would be creepy enough to see the blind giant penguins or whatever that they used for cattle and food.
    Nice work Shake.

Couple of questions.
    Do you have any particular actors in mind for any particular roles?

Also, what about two 2hr movies instead of one 3hr movie. Sometimes I like that. I think the recent It franchise nailed it. Of course that one is a little different than most because there is a definitive time break between the two.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nice work Shake.

Couple of questions.
    Do you have any particular actors in mind for any particular roles?

Also, what about two 2hr movies instead of one 3hr movie. Sometimes I like that. I think the recent It franchise nailed it. Of course that one is a little different than most because there is a definitive time break between the two.
    Movies split up would be fine as long as I got an ultimate edition BluRay eventually! Ideally I would like it to be a limited run TV series on HBO or something like the fantastic Watchmen series they just did, but we are talking movies here.

The only actor that springs to mind would be Gary Oldman as the main geologist William Dyer. Cilian Murphy, Damian Lewis, and other strong character actors can fill out the rest. We need gravitas for a movie like this! No A-List pretty boys.

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information