Thread: Is Wilkinson good enough?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Is Wilkinson good enough?

Is Wilkinson good enough to be satisfied with at OG for 2020 while we focus on the OT position

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Is Wilkinson good enough to be satisfied with at OG for 2020 while we focus on the OT position
    I think so. He's a big earth mover and best operating in a phone booth

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I hate saying easier but T is a far more difficult position to play than interior Line work. He may shine. C is a concern
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

I think Eli will be fine at RG...at least for a year. But unless there is some crazy notion to move Bolles inside and land an upgrade at LT...I wouldn't expect to see us "fixing this tackle thing" this off-season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think Eli will be fine at RG...at least for a year. But unless there is some crazy notion to move Bolles inside and land an upgrade at LT...I wouldn't expect to see us "fixing this tackle thing" this off-season.
    I'm hoping we have a shot at Wirfs. I REALLY like him. If Thomas did drop, we have our LT. Dude dominated the best pass rushing conference in the nation. I still don't believe he'll drop though. But adding Wirfs to a biggie like Wilkinson and Risner could be a great start to overhaul the OL

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I'm hoping we have a shot at Wirfs. I REALLY like him. If Thomas did drop, we have our LT. Dude dominated the best pass rushing conference in the nation. I still don't believe he'll drop though. But adding Wirfs to a biggie like Wilkinson and Risner could be a great start to overhaul the OL
    I just see Wirfs as an interior guy and Thomas being limited by his lack of athleticism. Just my opinion.

And I would argue that the best pass rushing conference was easily the Big 10. What was it...I think like 4 players in the SEC that had 8 or more sacks? So, by that rationale, Wirfs would be the better option, but...he only played the right side.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Probably right but This is why Denver’s OL is an annual issue.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

He might have to be. We have to remember how great Lock looked at times with decent line protection, mostly because he could use his feet and instincts to not be worthless back there.

He is, as Mangini says, a force multiplier in regards to getting production out of a line. That's the way I look at it. These small additions and changes will add up into something greater; a sum greater than all of its parts. Oh Lock, I heap this praise upon thee. Glory to Elway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information