Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who do you love in this draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Y'all (coach, zig, jaded, assassin, etc., don't get mad if I didn't say yo name) have some great insight, love to hear it. I remember trying to pay attention one year and it was humbling. In terms of real insight.
    Say my name, Hawg!

Btw, like I said, this isn’t my insight, I’m just a draft geek.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Say my name, Hawg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-drafts
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2019/mock-drafts

There’s quite a few mocks here and fwiw this is mostly where I get my draft on. I count 6 of 17 mocks that have Mims in the first and roughly half that have him early second or higher, the rest are all late/mid 2nd to later.

Early 3rd isn’t unreasonable, stay positive.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Y'all (coach, zig, jaded, assassin, etc., don't get mad if I didn't say yo name) have some great insight, love to hear it. I remember trying to pay attention one year and it was humbling. In terms of real insight.
    I just watch a LOT of college football. I think a lot of this is completely over-analyzed. Either a dude can play or he can't. I check my opinions against the "experts" and analysts, but at the end of the day I go with my gut. I'm an SEC guy. That's where the bulk of the HS top level talent goes. If you can excel there, you're probably legit. Obviously latr bloomers exist, but if a dude is a 4 or 5 star in HS and kicks ass in college, it means he can play.

Then again nobody REALLY knows anything...including myself.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I just watch a LOT of college football. I think a lot of this is completely over-analyzed. Either a dude can play or he can't. I check my opinions against the "experts" and analysts, but at the end of the day I go with my gut. I'm an SEC guy. That's where the bulk of the HS top level talent goes. If you can excel there, you're probably legit. Obviously latr bloomers exist, but if a dude is a 4 or 5 star in HS and kicks ass in college, it means he can play.

Then again nobody REALLY knows anything...including myself.
    Case in point Mitch trubisky gets drafted ahead of DeShaun Watson. It happens every year. All I hear now is people talking about Becton and Wirfs. Yet Thomas is 8ne of the most polished tackle prospects I can remember seeing....Ruggs runs a 4.27 and suddenly Jeudy, Jefferson, And Lamb are chopped liver. I'm not saying Ruggs won't and Becton and Wirfs don't have high ceilings. I just get tired of watching solid players get devalued due to over analysation ... And someone else's ye popping combine workout

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Case in point Mitch trubisky gets drafted ahead of DeShaun Watson. It happens every year. All I hear now is people talking about Becton and Wirfs. Yet Thomas is 8ne of the most polished tackle prospects I can remember seeing....Ruggs runs a 4.27 and suddenly Jeudy, Jefferson, And Lamb are chopped liver. I'm not saying Ruggs won't and Becton and Wirfs don't have high ceilings. I just get tired of watching solid players get devalued due to over analysation ... And someone else's ye popping combine workout
    I agree with you on this J, but Ruggs is an exception in my book. Study the way KC and Houston's offenses change when Hill and Fuller are on the field. They both open up the running game, which is still what the Broncos want to do when it's all said and done. They both put an offensive player on the field that draws safety attention on every play, and they both keep teams from completely stacking the box. Jeudy and Lamb are both potential all-pros, but neither can change the game plan of the opposing defense the way Ruggs can. It's all subjective at this point, but I think Ruggs is well worth the 15th pick if he's there. I'm not a fan of moving up for him. I'm also still an old school guy. Give me the franchise left tackle before any of them every time.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Walter Football has Mims 3rd to 4th round.
    Scouts Inc ranks him 74th overall, that’s middle 3rd.
    Draft Network ranks him 47th overall, which is middle 2nd.
    I can’t remember a single mock on Fanspeak that has him going in the first, a 2nd round here and there. Most of them being 3rd or later.

And, again, people think WR’s are thick in this draft, that pushes them down ... not up.

You might rank him higher but I don’t pretend to be a draft analyst, I’m just a draft geek.

I don't know of anyone on this forum that wouldn't have bet against Lock falling to the middle of the second round last year as well. It's the draft. Anything can happen, and usually does. You're right Jaded. It's possible that he falls to the third. It's also possible that he goes in the first. It was out of line saying that not putting him high is laughable. Let me re-phrase it. I really think he goes low first- mid second round. The way I said it sounded arrogant. My apologies.

I'm a bit of a draft geek as well. Nothing more.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I agree with you on this J, but Ruggs is an exception in my book. Study the way KC and Houston's offenses change when Hill and Fuller are on the field. They both open up the running game, which is still what the Broncos want to do when it's all said and done. They both put an offensive player on the field that draws safety attention on every play, and they both keep teams from completely stacking the box. Jeudy and Lamb are both potential all-pros, but neither can change the game plan of the opposing defense the way Ruggs can. It's all subjective at this point, but I think Ruggs is well worth the 15th pick if he's there. I'm not a fan of moving up for him. I'm also still an old school guy. Give me the franchise left tackle before any of them every time.
    I understand what you're saying. I just hate watching amazing players get downgraded because triangle numbers. And for my money Aiyuk and Reagor offer similar upside

14. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Speed kills.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't know of anyone on this forum that wouldn't have bet against Lock falling to the middle of the second round last year as well. It's the draft. Anything can happen, and usually does. You're right Jaded. It's possible that he falls to the third. It's also possible that he goes in the first. It was out of line saying that not putting him high is laughable. Let me re-phrase it. I really think he goes low first- mid second round. The way I said it sounded arrogant. My apologies.

I didn’t take it as arrogant and I’m the last person anyone should apologize to for that.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Ok, but think of the rest of us.

Its more popcorn worthy if you tell him you're right and he's wrong. heh heh

IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Ok, but think of the rest of us.

Its more popcorn worthy if you tell him you're right and he's wrong. heh heh

I literally just admitted he was right.

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Nobody here acknowledges that they’re wrong than I do.

Granted, I’m wrong more than most.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Nobody here acknowledges that they’re wrong than I do.

Granted, I’m wrong more than most.
    Wrong...you're wrong about this on multiple levels

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Wrong...you're wrong about this on multiple levels
    See?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information