Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Broncos trade for AJ Bouye

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I figure we might cut Casey but I don’t think James is going anywhere. I’m not a guy who is usually in the know about contracts and cap stuff but I think I read somewhere that it saves us nothing to cut James this year. I think based off his contract that the cap hit we eat for him this year is the same as if we cut him and he’d still make like $7 mil of it to sit on his ass and not play if we did cut him. Why do that? I say make him earn his paycheck and compete for his spot in TC. The money is already spent essentially. If he can’t beat out whomever his competition is, then he can ride the pine as a high paid backup but just cutting him is good for him and bad for us.

Next year, all his guaranteed $ is gone and his cap # is small and we can unload him, but I’m abjectly against giving him a good deal and just cutting him lose after paying him all that money and wasted cap space.

I do hope we can get Simmons done. He and Shelby Harris are two guys worth keeping on this defense. Gotta keep a solid core of players together.
    James is going nowhere sadly. Its a 13 mil cap hit. 19 mil in dead money if we cut him before June 1 and 13 mil in dead money if we cut him after. we basically have to pay him what he would have gotten last year had he not opted out. It sucks and For some reason we want to keep Wilkinson at RT, f'in over that BS. We need a CB, impact LB and RT for our top 3 needs imo.....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    James is going nowhere sadly. Its a 13 mil cap hit. 19 mil in dead money if we cut him before June 1 and 13 mil in dead money if we cut him after. we basically have to pay him what he would have gotten last year had he not opted out. It sucks and For some reason we want to keep Wilkinson at RT, f'in over that BS. We need a CB, impact LB and RT for our top 3 needs imo.....

The last thing we need to do is cut James punk ass, we haven’t gotten a single snap of football from this clown whose talented as hell. Don’t bail his punk ass out with a cut. James is going to go out there and give us one year of good RT play and THEN he can go elsewhere because I damn sure wouldn’t resign him to anything more than a veterans minimum

Definitely have to land Surtain Jr at corner back, that guy is super elite and would transform our defense, we could also swing on Parsons whose very elite and would transform the defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I forgot that his contract rolled over one year because he opted out. I retract my previous statement regarding thinking he'll be cut.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information