Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too Fast?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    We can't really just point to Ross, and I agree with that. We can point out busts all the time at all positions. But let's be honest, if the WR can't catch, and Ross is worthless, it doesn't matter how fast they run.

Doesn't mean you don't take elite burners that beat that ass on the field.
    I can give you a list instead of more then Just Benjamin and Ross if you would like....they were just to make points about being 1 trick pony's whether it be speed or a jump ball, your longevity as a WR isnt that great. If people want to know a good WR this year or one that can sustain success, and are under the impression we need a burner. Then draft the guy with the top speed, who has shown he can catch the balls throughout a varied catch radius, can beat a jam off the line and has a expanded route tree, thats what we actually need.

I think a fast WR is a good thing, the point is if thats all it is then the prospect is a waste....I was just looking at all the very fast WR's the last 4 years at walterfootball, not alot of tyreek hill studs......

https://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017WR.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-01-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

It's not about a list. We've had so many drafts with so many players we can cherry pick all day if you want.

Of course we want more than just speed. But we can't act like the posters advocating for a true burner WR are just asking for a guy who can run basic routes and not catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It's not about a list. We've had so many drafts with so many players we can cherry pick all day if you want.

Of course we want more than just speed. But we can't act like the posters advocating for a true burner WR are just asking for a guy who can run basic routes and not catch.
    i edited a little late, I want speed to, but the whole speed, combine WR thing....Irving actually has a point.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i edited a little late, I want speed to, but the whole speed, combine WR thing....Irving actually has a point.....
    I don't think so. You'd have to show me all the burner WRs who were expected to be Hall of Famers and compare that bust rate to the non-burners, even though the bulk of the Pro Bowlers at WR are considered to have NFL (fast) speed with about 4.4's...that's sorta my point.

I got nothing left to contribute fam. Sorry for not having more to offer. I'm a little spent.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce were both burners.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Holt was sub 4.4. Bruce didn't clock as fast as you would think. He was 4.48-4.55

Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Holt, and there are other hall of famers.

Then you have guys like DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Chad Johnson, Amari Cooper, Fuller, etc.

No, he doesn't have a point. We can find a fair share of elite speed WR's who had careers ranging from average to close to all-time best. FFS, Donte Stallworth wasn't exactly an all-pro and he still impacted a lot games just by being on the field.

Hill doesn't *need* to catch 8 balls a game to impact the game. On the flip side, guys like Harrison could catch 10 passes a game, and guys who made defenses honest like Mike Wallace are worth a few pro bowls here and there

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Crack cocaine is a hell of a drug, Tyrone Biggums.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Holt, and there are other hall of famers.

Then you have guys like DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Chad Johnson, Amari Cooper, Fuller, etc.

No, he doesn't have a point. We can find a fair share of elite speed WR's who had careers ranging from average to close to all-time best. FFS, Donte Stallworth wasn't exactly an all-pro and he still impacted a lot games just by being on the field.

Hill doesn't *need* to catch 8 balls a game to impact the game. On the flip side, guys like Harrison could catch 10 passes a game, and guys who made defenses honest like Mike Wallace are worth a few pro bowls here and there
    He said no one with a sub 4.3 has a gold jacket, was he wrong? that was his main point.....the rest is subjective and exampels exist all over the place on all sides....but for me I have yet to see a burner dominate unless they have the tools i mnetioned a thousand times in conjuction with speed.....Wallace was a bum, Desean flamed out outside of philly, cooper is overrated, Fuller is always hurt.....like Moss, Harrison holt, did they have some speed sure were they tyreek hill fast not really.....not to mention pads change things i knew plenty of WR's growing up who could straightline dominate and were slower in pads.....Speed in itself is overated at the WR position unless you bring more to the table....its been pretty much proven througout the game....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-02-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Having listened to Irvin, he was exaggerating to make a point. Considering he was a slower WR, I think he was just sour grapes. Okay, I'm being sarcastic there a bit.

But seriously, you're considered a burner if you run a 4.3, so limiting it to 4.2's and lower is a strange demarcation.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Having listened to Irvin, he was exaggerating to make a point. Considering he was a slower WR, I think he was just sour grapes. Okay, I'm being sarcastic there a bit.

But seriously, you're considered a burner if you run a 4.3, so limiting it to 4.2's and lower is a strange demarcation.
    Okay lets do this f what Irving said. I'm saying it....4.3, 4.2 speed means nothing if you bring nothing else to the table period.....This has literally been proven by 1st rd and 2nd rd busts at the position over and over and over again.....all those names you said who had good speed....Harrison, Johnson, holt, moss...catch radius, route running, beating the jam off the line.....thats what paved their way not their 4.3 40 time......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Hey...don't get crass with me. I'm just a Poet, man.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Hey...don't get crass with me. I'm just a Poet, man.
    Fair enough

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information